Mytrueancestry.com

Mine....

Hispano-Roman Taifa of Valencia
1200 AD
I12647
mtDNA: H1ak1
You are a top 96% match to this sample! This makes your relationship to this individual exceptional.
Shared DNA: (Sample Quality: 33)
3 SNP chains (min. 60 SNPs) / 17.72 cM
Largest segment=158 SNPs / 7.59 cM

Your raw DNA is 96% closer than other matching users

Iberian Cordoba Caliphate
1050 AD
I7498
mtDNA: H3a1Y-DNA: E1b1b1a1b1a
You are a top 98% match to this sample! This makes your relationship to this individual exceptional.
Shared DNA: (Sample Quality: 34)
3 SNP chains (min. 60 SNPs) / 12.24 cM
Largest segment=287 SNPs / 6.06 cM

Your raw DNA is 98% closer than other matching users

Ostrogoth Mix
495 AD
AEH_1
mtDNA: H5 ?
You are a top 97% match to this sample! This makes your relationship to this individual exceptional.
Shared DNA: (Sample Quality: 8)
2 SNP chains (min. 60 SNPs) / 4.9 cM
Largest segment=376 SNPs / 2.81 cM

Your raw DNA is 97% closer than other matching users

ImperialMausoleoAugustoR33.jpg

1. Spanish_Cataluna (7.155)
2. Spanish_Murcia (7.269)
3. Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon (7.528)
4. Spanish_Valencia (7.691)
5. Portuguese (8.220)
6. Spanish_Extremadura (8.433)
7. Spanish_Andalucia (8.449)
8. Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha (8.936)

imperialmausoleo.jpeg

LateRomanMixCryptaBalbiR105.JPEG

1. Spanish_Aragon (5.017)
2. Spanish_Valencia (6.046)
3. Spanish_Castilla_La_Mancha (6.695)
4. Spanish_Andalucia (7.904)
5. Southwest_French (8.076)
6. Spanish_Cantabria (8.328)
7. Spanish_Murcia (8.987)
8. Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon (9.225)

Image%2B1.png

These two men are classified in MTA as Roman culture.

These samples of who could be treated?

... updates ...

JCpWPj2.jpg

lGTBr86.jpg

Edit: ‘cause of dynamic hierarchy

v0PfQUW.jpg

tdajOOn.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning to all buddies with the wishes of a nice and productive week.

@Carlos @HYGILI4K. Very cool, guys.
Duarte I also have Illercavones. Who was going to tell me when the first time and the only one I was and the state in Lleida I was there on the stage of the Principal Theater of Lleida at the premiere of a movie where I had a small role, the truth is that via the people much prettier than layetanos. Cogotas already knew it and I knew it because I said long ago that a brother of my maternal grandfather carved some bulls in wood and they are nailed to Guisando's bulls. The iberian settlemen as the town where I live already gives me an attack, I have asked but they have not answered me yet.

I have with one! NOICE! :cool-v:

OPaSaER
OPaSaER
WKB24j6.png

My two special relashionships: A Celt and an Iberian. Am I a Cetiberian? Coincidence or not, only Carlos' oracle can answer. LOL. Morning, Carlos :)

9nGFEah.png

H8SDkYV.png

^^
Yes, we are Celtiberians; although people don't want to recognize it lol
Look at the Celtiberian helmets they found in Aragon, my paternal grandmother was Cortés who is an Aragonese surname that emigrates to Extremadura and Andalusia.

1400588_1.jpg

logotipo.jpg

My match with Scy

TodosMisEscitas.jpeg

Match of the scy197b kit with Egypt
EgiptoPtolemaic.jpeg

Egiptoultimoperiro.jpeg

My comparation with scy197b.
Comparacionmikitconscy197b.jpeg

Mi comparation imputes with scy197b
comparacionMyImputedwhithscy197b.jpeg

Perhaps in me and Egypt, philistina or ancient Greece is almost erased footprint, but in this sample of exceptional match with me it was still preserved.

mapeEuropetimelapse.jpeg

Comparing the map above and the result of my Juan graph, I see some consistency with the results of scy197b.
MDSplot.jpeg

CycladesSerbia.jpeg

Deep Dive scy197b
DeepDiveEuropa.jpeg

My Deep Dive

deepdiveEnero2020.jpeg

^^
Yes, we are Celtiberians; although people don't want to recognize it lol
Look at the Celtiberian helmets they found in Aragon, my paternal grandmother was Cortés who is an Aragonese surname that emigrates to Extremadura and Andalusia.

1400588_1.jpg

That's it Carlos. Beautiful and very well designed helmets. A people who knew how to defend themselves when necessary. The aracle of truth never lies. If he said we are cetiiberian, then it is because we are.

I still only get

[h=3]Your Top 10 Archaeogenetic matches by Era...[/h][h=6](Smaller numbers mean closer matches to you, up to 10 samples per era)[/h]
[h=3]Neolithic Age[/h]
NeolithicPattern.jpg

32. Proto Thracian/Illyrian Vucedol (2775 BC) ..... 14.31 - I3499 -
Top 98% match vs all users

[h=3]Early Bronze Age[/h]
ScandiaBronze.jpg

33. Illyrian / Dalmatian (1600 BC) ..... 14.39 - I4332 -
Top 95% match vs all users

38. Illyrian / Dalmatian (1600 BC) ..... 15.0 - I4331 -
Top 93% match vs all users

93. [Hidden] - upgrade to Zeus ..... 19.25 - OTTM_151ind2 -
Top 94% match vs all users

[h=3]Late Bronze Age[/h]
GerBronze.jpg

1. Protovillanovia Martinsicuro (930 BC) ..... 5.076 - R1 -
Top 99% match vs all users

4. Illyrian / Dalmatian (1200 BC) ..... 8.937 - I3313 -

52. Thraco-Cimmerian Black Sea (900 BC) ..... 15.89 - MJ12 -
Top 97% match vs all users

can someone tell me about this sample

- OTTM_151ind2 -

what my father gets .................it is his only ancient match

Scythian Moldova

scy301 (300 BC)

mtDNA Haplogroup: U5b2a3

Y-DNA Haplogroup: R1b1a1a2

Deep Dive Match! 55% closer than others who share this deep dive sample
Genetic Distance: 19.344
Sample Match! 52% closer than others users

Carlos Oracle (Deep Studies)

ancientsampleBreakdown.jpeg

Scy197b
mtDNAsmmaryforJ.JPEG

Scy187b

YdnaSummaryforE.JPEG

Me

Tirol.jpeg

Multivariatestatisticssection.jpeg

I think I'm going to create the Medieval Tyrolian SZ18 kit. (I know and I have in mind that there were Ladinos in Bolzano but the problem is that my ear only tolerates going east in derived Latin : Spanish, Italian and French and that fact is very significant for myself in my study of my father's search.)

I will wait imagine that they are overflowed

kitimposiblecrearkit.jpeg

Carlos Oracle (Deep Studies)

ancientsampleBreakdown.jpeg

Scy197b
mtDNAsmmaryforJ.JPEG

Scy187b

YdnaSummaryforE.JPEG

Me

Tirol.jpeg

Multivariatestatisticssection.jpeg

I think I'm going to create the Medieval Tyrolian SZ18 kit. (I know and I have in mind that there were Ladinos in Bolzano but the problem is that my ear only tolerates going east in derived Latin : Spanish, Italian and French and that fact is very significant for myself in my study of my father's search.)

I will wait imagine that they are overflowed

kitimposiblecrearkit.jpeg

SZ18 is
SZ18:
mtDNA: H13a1a2
Y-DNA: E1b1b1a1b2(CTS2817)

Do they really mark this sample as Ladini from the alps ?

and I would like to see what scy197b is

as I only found

scy197:
mtDNA: U5a1a1
Y-DNA: R1b1a1a2

others found with scy197 are

scy300:
mtDNA: H5b

scy301:
mtDNA: U5b2a3

scy303:
mtDNA: U5a1a2b

scy305:
mtDNA: U5a2b

scy311:
mtDNA: T2b

The new ............Deep Dive Breakdown for me is

Genetic Closeness = Gallo-Roman

Total SNP = Gallo-Roman

Longest SNP = Illyrian

I have no links with the new Trojans or Minoans added or any other Anatolians ( inc. Byzantines )

Oldest samples that match myself

32. Proto Thracian/Illyrian Vucedol (2775 BC) ..... 14.31 - I3499 -
I3499
mtDNA: T2e
Y-DNA: R1b1a1a2a2

33. Illyrian / Dalmatian (1600 BC) ..... 14.39 - I4332 -
Top 95% match vs all user
I4332
mtDNA: W3a1

38. Illyrian / Dalmatian (1600 BC) ..... 15.0 - I4331 -
Top 93% match vs all users
I4331
mtDNA: I1a1
Y-DNA: J2b2a

93. [Hidden] - upgrade to Zeus ..... 19.25 - OTTM_151ind2 -
Top 94% match vs
OTTM_151ind2
mtDNA: X2b+226

1. Protovillanovia Martinsicuro (930 BC) ..... 5.076 - R1 -
Top 99% match vs all users
R1

4. Illyrian / Dalmatian (1200 BC) ..... 8.937 - I3313 -
I3313
mtDNA: HV0e

52. Thraco-Cimmerian Black Sea (900 BC) ..... 15.89 - MJ12 -
Top 97% match vs all use
MJ-12:
mtDNA: H35

my father data has same as above plus

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/135962v1
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/135962v1.full.pdf

E09538=UNTA58_68Sk1
mtDNA: J1c
Y-DNA: G2a2a1a2a1a

UNTA58_147, UNTA58_153, UNTA85_1412, Straubing(Early Bronze Age), 2031–1776 calBC

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/early/2019/10/09/science.aax6219
DOI: 10.1126/science.aax6219

https://reich.hms.harvard.edu/sites...u/files/inline-files/Mittnik_Science_2019.pdf

SZ18 is
SZ18:
mtDNA: H13a1a2
Y-DNA: E1b1b1a1b2(CTS2817)

Do they really mark this sample as Ladini from the alps ?

and I would like to see what scy197b is

as I only found

scy197:
mtDNA: U5a1a1

others found with scy197 are

scy300:
mtDNA: H5b

scy301:
mtDNA: U5b2a3

scy303:
mtDNA: U5a1a2b

scy305:

scy311:
mtDNA: T2b

He still doesn't let me create the SZ18 kit. The scy197b is a Scythian from Moldova

Fig. 1 Radiocarbon ages and geographical locations of the ancient samples used in this study.Figure panels presented counterclockwise: (A) Bar plot visualizing approximate timeline of presented and previously published individuals. (B) Map showing the locations of ancient individuals sequenced in this study and the locations of previously published ancient individuals used in comparative analyses. (C) Principal component analysis (PCA) plot visualizing 35 Bronze Age and Iron Age individuals presented in this study and in published ancient individuals (table S5) in relation to modern reference panel from the Human Origins data set (41).

[h=2]RESULTS[/h]We produced genome-wide sequence data with genome coverage between 0.01× and 2.9× per individual for 35 Bronze Age and Iron Age individuals from the Pontic-Caspian steppe from four chronologically sequential cultural groups, which comprise Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals (n = 13), Cimmerians (n = 3), Scythians (n = 14), and Sarmatians (n = 5), with radiocarbon dates between ca. 1900 BCE and 400 CE (Fig. 1, A and B; tables S1 to S3; and fig. S1, A and B). All DNA libraries displayed damage patterns typical of ancient DNA (fig. S2) (14). To ensure data integrity, we calculated mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)–based contamination levels using distribution of private polymorphisms in mtDNA (15) and a Bayesian likelihood method (16). The former yielded point estimates of contamination between 0 and 10% [95% confidence intervals (CIs) between 0 and 17%], and the latter method revealed that all individuals carried sequences with >89% probability of being authentic (table S4). Thus, we included all sequenced individuals in the downstream analyses.
Late Bronze Age (LBA) Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals carried mtDNA haplogroups associated with Europeans or West Eurasians (17) including H, J1, K1, T2, U2, U4, and U5 (table S3). In contrast, the Iron Age nomads (Cimmerians, Scythians, and Sarmatians) additionally carried mtDNA haplogroups associated with Central Asia and the Far East (A, C, D, and M) (table S3) (11, 18). The absence of East Asian mitochondrial lineages in the more eastern and older Srubnaya-Alakulskaya population suggests that the appearance of East Asian haplogroups in the steppe populations might be associated with the Iron Age nomads, starting with the Cimmerians. The Y chromosome haplogroup variation in 17 of 18 males was limited to two major haplogroup lineages within the macrohaplogroup “R” (table S3). The Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals carried the Y haplogroup R1a, which showed a major expansion during the Bronze Age (19). It has previously been found in Bronze Age individuals from the Krasnoyarsk Kurgan in Siberia (20). The Iron Age nomads mostly carried the R1b Y haplogroup, which is characteristic of the Yamnaya of the Russian steppe (4). An exception was a Cimmerian individual (cim358) who carried the Q1* lineage associated with the east (table S3).
[h=3]Genetic relationships between Eurasian steppe nomads and present-day populations[/h]PCA on the autosomal genomic data (Fig. 1C and table S5) revealed the following: (i) Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals exhibited genetic affinity to northern and northeastern present-day Europeans (fig. S3), and these results were also consistent with outgroup f3 statistics (table S6 and fig. S4A). (ii) The Cimmerian individuals, representing the time period of transition from Bronze to Iron Age, were not homogeneous regarding their genetic similarities to present-day populations according to the PCA. F3 statistics confirmed the heterogeneity of these individuals in comparison with present-day populations (table S6 and figs. S3 and S4C). (iii) The Scythians reported in this study, from the core Scythian territory in the North Pontic steppe (12), showed high intragroup diversity. In the PCA, they are positioned as four visually distinct groups compared to the gradient of present-day populations (Fig. 1C): (i) A group of three individuals (scy009, scy010, and scy303) showed genetic affinity to north European populations, hereafter referred to as a north European (NE) cluster. (ii) A group of four individuals (scy192, scy197, scy300, and scy305) showed genetic similarities to southern European populations, hereafter referred to as a south European (SE) cluster. (iii) A group of three individuals (scy006, scy011, and scy193) located between the genetic variation of Mordovians and populations of the North Caucasus, hereafter referred to as a steppe cluster (SC). In addition, one Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individual (kzb004), the most recent Cimmerian (cim357), and all Sarmatians fell within this cluster. In contrast to the Scythians, and despite being from opposite ends of the Pontic-Caspian steppe, the five Sarmatians grouped close together in this cluster. (iv) A group of three Scythians (scy301, scy304, and scy311) formed a discrete group

RESEARCH ARTICLEANTHROPOLOGY
[h=1]Ancient genomes suggest the eastern Pontic-Caspian steppe as the source of western Iron Age nomads
[/h][FONT=&quot]

• [*=left]Maja Krzewińska1,*,,
    [*=left]Gülşah Merve Kılınç1,*,,
    [*=left]Anna Juras2,
    [*=left]Dilek Koptekin3,
    [*=left]Maciej Chyleński4,
    [*=left]Alexey G. Nikitin5,
    [*=left]Nikolai Shcherbakov6,
    [*=left]Iia Shuteleva6,7,
    [*=left]Tatiana Leonova6,
    [*=left]Liudmila Kraeva8,
    [*=left]Flarit A. Sungatov9,
    [*=left]Alfija N. Sultanova9,
    [*=left]Inna Potekhina10,
    [*=left]Sylwia Łukasik2,
    [*=left]Marta Krenz-Niedbała2,
    [*=left]Love Dalén11,
    [*=left]Vitaly Sinika12,13,
    [*=left]Mattias Jakobsson14,15,16,
    [*=left]Jan Storå17 and
    [*=left]Anders Götherström1,

[/FONT]

See all authors and affiliations
Science Advances 03 Oct 2018:
Vol. 4, no. 10, eaat4457
DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aat4457

[h=2]Abstract[/h]For millennia, the Pontic-Caspian steppe was a connector between the Eurasian steppe and Europe. In this scene, multidirectional and sequential movements of different populations may have occurred, including those of the Eurasian steppe nomads. We sequenced 35 genomes (low to medium coverage) of Bronze Age individuals (Srubnaya-Alakulskaya) and Iron Age nomads (Cimmerians, Scythians, and Sarmatians) that represent four distinct cultural entities corresponding to the chronological sequence of cultural complexes in the region. Our results suggest that, despite genetic links among these peoples, no group can be considered a direct ancestor of the subsequent group. The nomadic populations were heterogeneous and carried genetic affinities with populations from several other regions including the Far East and the southern Urals. We found evidence of a stable shared genetic signature, making the eastern Pontic-Caspian steppe a likely source of western nomadic groups.

[h=2]INTRODUCTION[/h]The Pontic-Caspian steppe (PCS), stretching from the southern Urals to the western North Pontic lands, was the stage of various demographic changes in the past, and several of those remain unknown. During the Bronze and Iron Age, the area was inhabited by a succession of nomadic populations that had significant impact on the cultural development of both Asia and Europe (1, 2). Possibly the best known of these groups is the Yamnaya. Recent genomic studies have revealed cross-continental Early Bronze Age migrations (~3000 BCE) of the nomadic people associated with the Yamnaya horizon (3, 4). The migration introduced the Caucasus genetic component to the genetic landscape of Europe. In Central Europe, Yamnaya ancestry first appeared among people from the Corded Ware complex and has since been found in many subsequent ancient and present-day populations. However, the Pontic-Caspian steppe was critical not only for Early Bronze Age Yamnaya migrations but also because of succeeding movements and population transformations that took place in the developed classical stage of the Late Bronze and Iron Ages between 1800 BCE and 400 CE. This period covered the development of the Srubnaya and Alakulskaya Cultures (~1800–1200 BCE), associated with small settlement sites distributed from the Urals to the Dnieper valley (1). From around 1000 BCE, pre-Scythian nomadic populations started to appear in the western Pontic-Caspian steppe including the Cimmerians known from historical sources (5). Despite regional variation and local peculiarities, the Cimmerians were not associated with any uniform type of archaeological material culture (6). In the seventh century BCE, they were succeeded by the Scythians, who plausibly pushed the Cimmerians into Asia Minor (7). Between 700 and 300 BCE, the Scythians, representing mobile pastoral nomads of a new militaristic type (1), dominated the Pontic-Kazakh steppe, occupying an area from the Altai to the Carpathian Mountains. Their decline began around 300 BCE and was caused by intensifying hostile relations with the Macedonians in the West and the invasion of the Sarmatians from the East. The Sarmatians and the Scythians are thought to have coexisted for a few centuries, but eventually, the former group prevailed (2), resulting in the Scythian downfall. The Sarmatians are believed to comprise a number of groups of similar nomadic background (8), and they became the politically most influential force within the eastern fringes of the Roman Empire at the time. Their decline (~400 CE) was associated with the attack of the Goths and the subsequent invasion of the Huns (8).
The genomic structure of the Bronze and Iron Age (1800 BCE–400 CE) populations in the Pontic-Caspian steppe has not been fully resolved. While earlier genomic studies have suggested close links between the Srubnaya and the central European Late Neolithic and Bronze Age populations (9), our knowledge of the genetic origins of the Cimmerians is limited. Genetic analyses of maternal lineages of Scythians suggest a mixed origin and an east-west admixture gradient across the Eurasian steppe (1012). The genomics of two early Scythian Aldy-Bel individuals (13) showed genetic affinities to eastern populations of Central Asia (12). However, population interactions and the origin of Scythians of the Pontic-Caspian steppe remain poorly understood. Similarly, little is known about the origins and genetic affinities of the Sarmatians. Genomic studies suggest that the latter group may have been genetically similar to the eastern Yamnaya and Poltavka Bronze Age groups (12). To investigate the demographic dynamics in the Pontic-Caspian steppe, we generated and analyzed genomes of the Late Bronze and Iron Age individuals from the region (Fig. 1, A and B).

Fig. 1 Radiocarbon ages and geographical locations of the ancient samples used in this study.Figure panels presented counterclockwise: (A) Bar plot visualizing approximate timeline of presented and previously published individuals. (B) Map showing the locations of ancient individuals sequenced in this study and the locations of previously published ancient individuals used in comparative analyses. (C) Principal component analysis (PCA) plot visualizing 35 Bronze Age and Iron Age individuals presented in this study and in published ancient individuals (table S5) in relation to modern reference panel from the Human Origins data set (41).

[h=2]RESULTS[/h]We produced genome-wide sequence data with genome coverage between 0.01× and 2.9× per individual for 35 Bronze Age and Iron Age individuals from the Pontic-Caspian steppe from four chronologically sequential cultural groups, which comprise Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals (n = 13), Cimmerians (n = 3), Scythians (n = 14), and Sarmatians (n = 5), with radiocarbon dates between ca. 1900 BCE and 400 CE (Fig. 1, A and B; tables S1 to S3; and fig. S1, A and B). All DNA libraries displayed damage patterns typical of ancient DNA (fig. S2) (14). To ensure data integrity, we calculated mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)–based contamination levels using distribution of private polymorphisms in mtDNA (15) and a Bayesian likelihood method (16). The former yielded point estimates of contamination between 0 and 10% [95% confidence intervals (CIs) between 0 and 17%], and the latter method revealed that all individuals carried sequences with >89% probability of being authentic (table S4). Thus, we included all sequenced individuals in the downstream analyses.
Late Bronze Age (LBA) Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals carried mtDNA haplogroups associated with Europeans or West Eurasians (17) including H, J1, K1, T2, U2, U4, and U5 (table S3). In contrast, the Iron Age nomads (Cimmerians, Scythians, and Sarmatians) additionally carried mtDNA haplogroups associated with Central Asia and the Far East (A, C, D, and M) (table S3) (11, 18). The absence of East Asian mitochondrial lineages in the more eastern and older Srubnaya-Alakulskaya population suggests that the appearance of East Asian haplogroups in the steppe populations might be associated with the Iron Age nomads, starting with the Cimmerians. The Y chromosome haplogroup variation in 17 of 18 males was limited to two major haplogroup lineages within the macrohaplogroup “R” (table S3). The Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals carried the Y haplogroup R1a, which showed a major expansion during the Bronze Age (19). It has previously been found in Bronze Age individuals from the Krasnoyarsk Kurgan in Siberia (20). The Iron Age nomads mostly carried the R1b Y haplogroup, which is characteristic of the Yamnaya of the Russian steppe (4). An exception was a Cimmerian individual (cim358) who carried the Q1* lineage associated with the east (table S3).
[h=3]Genetic relationships between Eurasian steppe nomads and present-day populations[/h]PCA on the autosomal genomic data (Fig. 1C and table S5) revealed the following: (i) Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals exhibited genetic affinity to northern and northeastern present-day Europeans (fig. S3), and these results were also consistent with outgroup f3 statistics (table S6 and fig. S4A). (ii) The Cimmerian individuals, representing the time period of transition from Bronze to Iron Age, were not homogeneous regarding their genetic similarities to present-day populations according to the PCA. F3 statistics confirmed the heterogeneity of these individuals in comparison with present-day populations (table S6 and figs. S3 and S4C). (iii) The Scythians reported in this study, from the core Scythian territory in the North Pontic steppe (12), showed high intragroup diversity. In the PCA, they are positioned as four visually distinct groups compared to the gradient of present-day populations (Fig. 1C): (i) A group of three individuals (scy009, scy010, and scy303) showed genetic affinity to north European populations, hereafter referred to as a north European (NE) cluster. (ii) A group of four individuals (scy192, scy197, scy300, and scy305) showed genetic similarities to southern European populations, hereafter referred to as a south European (SE) cluster. (iii) A group of three individuals (scy006, scy011, and scy193) located between the genetic variation of Mordovians and populations of the North Caucasus, hereafter referred to as a steppe cluster (SC). In addition, one Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individual (kzb004), the most recent Cimmerian (cim357), and all Sarmatians fell within this cluster. In contrast to the Scythians, and despite being from opposite ends of the Pontic-Caspian steppe, the five Sarmatians grouped close together in this cluster. (iv) A group of three Scythians (scy301, scy304, and scy311) formed a discrete group

https://advances.sciencemag.org/con...gDmLzl9qnQ5EDwi9LLivZu5p3Jx2NgiOxGk2nX8MZIVeI

The scy197b was a Scythian from Moldova no more no less.

He still doesn't let me create the SZ18 kit. The scy197b is a Scythian from Moldova

RESULTS

We produced genome-wide sequence data with genome coverage between 0.01× and 2.9× per individual for 35 Bronze Age and Iron Age individuals from the Pontic-Caspian steppe from four chronologically sequential cultural groups, which comprise Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals (n = 13), Cimmerians (n = 3), Scythians (n = 14), and Sarmatians (n = 5), with radiocarbon dates between ca. 1900 BCE and 400 CE (Fig. 1, A and B; tables S1 to S3; and fig. S1, A and B). All DNA libraries displayed damage patterns typical of ancient DNA (fig. S2) (14). To ensure data integrity, we calculated mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)–based contamination levels using distribution of private polymorphisms in mtDNA (15) and a Bayesian likelihood method (16). The former yielded point estimates of contamination between 0 and 10% [95% confidence intervals (CIs) between 0 and 17%], and the latter method revealed that all individuals carried sequences with >89% probability of being authentic (table S4). Thus, we included all sequenced individuals in the downstream analyses.
Genetic relationships between Eurasian steppe nomads and present-day populations

PCA on the autosomal genomic data (Fig. 1C and table S5) revealed the following: (i) Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals exhibited genetic affinity to northern and northeastern present-day Europeans (fig. S3), and these results were also consistent with outgroup f3 statistics (table S6 and fig. S4A). (ii) The Cimmerian individuals, representing the time period of transition from Bronze to Iron Age, were not homogeneous regarding their genetic similarities to present-day populations according to the PCA. F3 statistics confirmed the heterogeneity of these individuals in comparison with present-day populations (table S6 and figs. S3 and S4C). (iii) The Scythians reported in this study, from the core Scythian territory in the North Pontic steppe (12), showed high intragroup diversity. In the PCA, they are positioned as four visually distinct groups compared to the gradient of present-day populations (Fig. 1C): (i) A group of three individuals (scy009, scy010, and scy303) showed genetic affinity to north European populations, hereafter referred to as a north European (NE) cluster. (ii) A group of four individuals (scy192, scy197, scy300, and scy305) showed genetic similarities to southern European populations, hereafter referred to as a south European (SE) cluster. (iii) A group of three individuals (scy006, scy011, and scy193) located between the genetic variation of Mordovians and populations of the North Caucasus, hereafter referred to as a steppe cluster (SC). In addition, one Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individual (kzb004), the most recent Cimmerian (cim357), and all Sarmatians fell within this cluster. In contrast to the Scythians, and despite being from opposite ends of the Pontic-Caspian steppe, the five Sarmatians grouped close together in this cluster. (iv) A group of three Scythians (scy301, scy304, and scy311) formed a discrete group

RESEARCH ARTICLEANTHROPOLOGY
Ancient genomes suggest the eastern Pontic-Caspian steppe as the source of western Iron Age nomads

• [*=left]Maja Krzewińska1,*,,
    [*=left]Gülşah Merve Kılınç1,*,,
    [*=left]Anna Juras2,
    [*=left]Dilek Koptekin3,
    [*=left]Maciej Chyleński4,
    [*=left]Alexey G. Nikitin5,
    [*=left]Nikolai Shcherbakov6,
    [*=left]Iia Shuteleva6,7,
    [*=left]Tatiana Leonova6,
    [*=left]Liudmila Kraeva8,
    [*=left]Flarit A. Sungatov9,
    [*=left]Alfija N. Sultanova9,
    [*=left]Inna Potekhina10,
    [*=left]Sylwia Łukasik2,
    [*=left]Marta Krenz-Niedbała2,
    [*=left]Love Dalén11,
    [*=left]Vitaly Sinika12,13,
    [*=left]Mattias Jakobsson14,15,16,
    [*=left]Jan Storå17 and
    [*=left]Anders Götherström1,

See all authors and affiliations
Science Advances 03 Oct 2018:
Vol. 4, no. 10, eaat4457
DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.aat4457

Abstract

For millennia, the Pontic-Caspian steppe was a connector between the Eurasian steppe and Europe. In this scene, multidirectional and sequential movements of different populations may have occurred, including those of the Eurasian steppe nomads. We sequenced 35 genomes (low to medium coverage) of Bronze Age individuals (Srubnaya-Alakulskaya) and Iron Age nomads (Cimmerians, Scythians, and Sarmatians) that represent four distinct cultural entities corresponding to the chronological sequence of cultural complexes in the region. Our results suggest that, despite genetic links among these peoples, no group can be considered a direct ancestor of the subsequent group. The nomadic populations were heterogeneous and carried genetic affinities with populations from several other regions including the Far East and the southern Urals. We found evidence of a stable shared genetic signature, making the eastern Pontic-Caspian steppe a likely source of western nomadic groups.

INTRODUCTION

The Pontic-Caspian steppe (PCS), stretching from the southern Urals to the western North Pontic lands, was the stage of various demographic changes in the past, and several of those remain unknown. During the Bronze and Iron Age, the area was inhabited by a succession of nomadic populations that had significant impact on the cultural development of both Asia and Europe (1, 2). Possibly the best known of these groups is the Yamnaya. Recent genomic studies have revealed cross-continental Early Bronze Age migrations (~3000 BCE) of the nomadic people associated with the Yamnaya horizon (3, 4). The migration introduced the Caucasus genetic component to the genetic landscape of Europe. In Central Europe, Yamnaya ancestry first appeared among people from the Corded Ware complex and has since been found in many subsequent ancient and present-day populations. However, the Pontic-Caspian steppe was critical not only for Early Bronze Age Yamnaya migrations but also because of succeeding movements and population transformations that took place in the developed classical stage of the Late Bronze and Iron Ages between 1800 BCE and 400 CE. This period covered the development of the Srubnaya and Alakulskaya Cultures (~1800–1200 BCE), associated with small settlement sites distributed from the Urals to the Dnieper valley (1). From around 1000 BCE, pre-Scythian nomadic populations started to appear in the western Pontic-Caspian steppe including the Cimmerians known from historical sources (5). Despite regional variation and local peculiarities, the Cimmerians were not associated with any uniform type of archaeological material culture (6). In the seventh century BCE, they were succeeded by the Scythians, who plausibly pushed the Cimmerians into Asia Minor (7). Between 700 and 300 BCE, the Scythians, representing mobile pastoral nomads of a new militaristic type (1), dominated the Pontic-Kazakh steppe, occupying an area from the Altai to the Carpathian Mountains. Their decline began around 300 BCE and was caused by intensifying hostile relations with the Macedonians in the West and the invasion of the Sarmatians from the East. The Sarmatians and the Scythians are thought to have coexisted for a few centuries, but eventually, the former group prevailed (2), resulting in the Scythian downfall. The Sarmatians are believed to comprise a number of groups of similar nomadic background (8), and they became the politically most influential force within the eastern fringes of the Roman Empire at the time. Their decline (~400 CE) was associated with the attack of the Goths and the subsequent invasion of the Huns (8).
The genomic structure of the Bronze and Iron Age (1800 BCE–400 CE) populations in the Pontic-Caspian steppe has not been fully resolved. While earlier genomic studies have suggested close links between the Srubnaya and the central European Late Neolithic and Bronze Age populations (9), our knowledge of the genetic origins of the Cimmerians is limited. Genetic analyses of maternal lineages of Scythians suggest a mixed origin and an east-west admixture gradient across the Eurasian steppe (1012). The genomics of two early Scythian Aldy-Bel individuals (13) showed genetic affinities to eastern populations of Central Asia (12). However, population interactions and the origin of Scythians of the Pontic-Caspian steppe remain poorly understood. Similarly, little is known about the origins and genetic affinities of the Sarmatians. Genomic studies suggest that the latter group may have been genetically similar to the eastern Yamnaya and Poltavka Bronze Age groups (12). To investigate the demographic dynamics in the Pontic-Caspian steppe, we generated and analyzed genomes of the Late Bronze and Iron Age individuals from the region (Fig. 1, A and B).

RESULTS

We produced genome-wide sequence data with genome coverage between 0.01× and 2.9× per individual for 35 Bronze Age and Iron Age individuals from the Pontic-Caspian steppe from four chronologically sequential cultural groups, which comprise Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals (n = 13), Cimmerians (n = 3), Scythians (n = 14), and Sarmatians (n = 5), with radiocarbon dates between ca. 1900 BCE and 400 CE (Fig. 1, A and B; tables S1 to S3; and fig. S1, A and B). All DNA libraries displayed damage patterns typical of ancient DNA (fig. S2) (14). To ensure data integrity, we calculated mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA)–based contamination levels using distribution of private polymorphisms in mtDNA (15) and a Bayesian likelihood method (16). The former yielded point estimates of contamination between 0 and 10% [95% confidence intervals (CIs) between 0 and 17%], and the latter method revealed that all individuals carried sequences with >89% probability of being authentic (table S4). Thus, we included all sequenced individuals in the downstream analyses.
Genetic relationships between Eurasian steppe nomads and present-day populations

PCA on the autosomal genomic data (Fig. 1C and table S5) revealed the following: (i) Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individuals exhibited genetic affinity to northern and northeastern present-day Europeans (fig. S3), and these results were also consistent with outgroup f3 statistics (table S6 and fig. S4A). (ii) The Cimmerian individuals, representing the time period of transition from Bronze to Iron Age, were not homogeneous regarding their genetic similarities to present-day populations according to the PCA. F3 statistics confirmed the heterogeneity of these individuals in comparison with present-day populations (table S6 and figs. S3 and S4C). (iii) The Scythians reported in this study, from the core Scythian territory in the North Pontic steppe (12), showed high intragroup diversity. In the PCA, they are positioned as four visually distinct groups compared to the gradient of present-day populations (Fig. 1C): (i) A group of three individuals (scy009, scy010, and scy303) showed genetic affinity to north European populations, hereafter referred to as a north European (NE) cluster. (ii) A group of four individuals (scy192, scy197, scy300, and scy305) showed genetic similarities to southern European populations, hereafter referred to as a south European (SE) cluster. (iii) A group of three individuals (scy006, scy011, and scy193) located between the genetic variation of Mordovians and populations of the North Caucasus, hereafter referred to as a steppe cluster (SC). In addition, one Srubnaya-Alakulskaya individual (kzb004), the most recent Cimmerian (cim357), and all Sarmatians fell within this cluster. In contrast to the Scythians, and despite being from opposite ends of the Pontic-Caspian steppe, the five Sarmatians grouped close together in this cluster. (iv) A group of three Scythians (scy301, scy304, and scy311) formed a discrete group

https://advances.sciencemag.org/con...gDmLzl9qnQ5EDwi9LLivZu5p3Jx2NgiOxGk2nX8MZIVeI

The scy197b was a Scythian from Moldova no more no less.

thanks

I asked , because I only go to one site which gives me the markers and the official papers ..................but it updates only 6 times a year

https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/en/map/ancient-human-dna_41837#6/51.000/2.000

I went ahead and did a quick run. I am getting Ancient Greece and Roman, which based on the runs I did using the samples Duarte and Jovialis put together, not surprising. For modern populations not bad but West Sicilian is #4 which is where all my ancestors came from. But overall a really neat tool.

[h=3]Your closest Ancient populations...[/h]
Mycenaean.jpg
Ancient Greek

RomanCentral.jpg
Roman

Ancient GreeksRomansHellenic RomansThraciansRoman Hispania

Ancient Greek + Roman (3.268)
Hellenic Roman + Roman (3.806)
Ancient Greek + Hellenic Roman (4.592)
Hellenic Roman + Thracian (4.796)
Hellenic Roman + Roman Hispania (5.612)
Hellenic Roman (8.394)
Roman (8.842)
Ancient Greek (10.44)
Thracian (10.85)
Roman Hispania (14.17)

[h=3]Your closest genetic modern populations...[/h]
Info [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

1. East_Sicilian (5.638)
2. South_Italian (5.703)
3. Central_Greek (6.399)
4. West_Sicilian (6.457)
5. Italian_Abruzzo (7.737)
6. Italian_Jewish (8.336)
7. Greek_Islands (8.757)
8. Greek_Crete (8.838)

My R437 rw, Jovialis R1 and R850 rw

W9KY9B3.gif

Rf2vkoN.gif

eZ27djO.gif

Salento: What level is that to do those comparisons. I signed up for Level 4, and I think it is a good investment for what I paid. Can I do those comparisons with Level 4. Just started doing some analysis as I just paid a few minutes ago. Thanks in advance.

Salento: What level is that to do those comparisons. I signed up for Level 4, and I think it is a good investment for what I paid. Can I do those comparisons with Level 4. Just started doing some analysis as I just paid a few minutes ago. Thanks in advance.

You need Olympus to create default Ancient Kits,

I have Zeus, a step below, ... so I uploaded the RawData of the Ancient Kits above instead :)

My Byzantine matches:

83. Byzantine Empire Troy (1300 AD) ..... 19.27
- ByzantineNod1

95. Byzantine Roman Warrior (605 AD) ..... 20.38 - NS3b

This thread has been viewed 1253549 times.

Back