MyTrueAncestry Mytrueancestry.com

Why are all (but one) my DNA samples and Deep Dive results given as being R1b1a.... but I'm a confirmed E1b1b1a1b1a? The only example that MTA can provide that actually matches is "Late Medieval Cancelleria Basilica"

I would have expected there to have been no matches if the haplogroups don't match.? Maybe genetics works differently?

Or are MTA just padding out the results to make it look like I'm actually getting something after paying my money?

Haplogroups don’t necessarily determine your matches and ethnicity.

Your male line: your Father, his Father and so on have Mothers too, … their Fathers could have a different Y Haplogroup than your male line.

Humans have 23 pair of chromosomes (46),
… of the first 22 pairs (autosomes) you get one chromosome from each Parent,
… than comes the 23rd, the sex chromosome, as male you get only one X chromosome from your Mother, and the Y chromosome from your Father (your Y Haplogroup,) females don’t get the Y chr… Females get the X pair (one X from each parent),

… mtDNA is not a chromosome, but it determines female Haplogroups.

Thanks for this reply Salento.

I think this more of my misunderstanding of what MTA are providing - of course, my mother's brother is still my relative even if he does have a different haplogroup from his father. And the autosomal data, by definition, goes beyond the simple male line Y-DNA.

And by using the autosomal data, MTA is, of course, going to show these "non-direct" male relatives - yes?

I think I need to have a 'genealogical genetics' 101!

Thanks for this reply Salento.

I think this more of my misunderstanding of what MTA are providing - of course, my mother's brother is still my relative even if he does have a different haplogroup from his father. And the autosomal data, by definition, goes beyond the simple male line Y-DNA.

And by using the autosomal data, MTA is, of course, going to show these "non-direct" male relatives - yes?

I think I need to have a 'genealogical genetics' 101!

Generally, the autosomal bulk comes from chromosomes 1 to 22.

Consider Haplogroups only as Indelible Legacy IDs, … Ancient Marks burned in the DNA, a Tribal Tattoo, …

My background is mostly (southwestern) Romanian with some northern Greek and Aromanian Vlach, as well as a bit of northern Italian.

O1seIU8.png

9AzRgPA.png

oxSqato.png

c87Cplx.png

ySoecIc.png

My results were a combination of Byzantine and Gaulish, oddly enough. Not sure how that came up. Also got Gallo-Romans and such as high on my list. The weird thing is even though I'm almost half Greek I see the Ancient Greek is in last place on the pie chart haha... how does that make sense? The main result said Byzantine but on the chart it was further down the list. So what do each of these things truly represent?

Is Byzantine really one ethnicity though? Seems to be a lot of that from Italy, even though I'm only like an eighth.

Also, were those Hellenic skeletons in India or the Himalayas modern rather than ancient?

How accurate are these things, and is it worth it to pay to get deeper analysis and more data? Or is it just some scheme to make money off people because they might like to hear that they are connected to certain people or peoples? I mean it said I was decently closely related to King Louis XIV of France, the Sun King, as well as Marat and a few others somehow haha.

------------------

Well I re-did it after a few months and the results changed to make a bit more sense, with Illyrians in second place:

jn7bgOV.jpg

I have learned from Mytrueancestry that my ancestors had discovered America before Columbus... Erik the Red ! Is not that funny?

My results.

Closest Ancient Populations: Vikings, Visigoths (also Franks, Danish Vikings, and Saxons)

Closest Archaeogenetic Matches
1. Copper Age Beaker Brandysek Czech
2350 BC - Genetic Distance: 4.005 [FONT=&quot]

100 %
match vs all users [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

2. Bronze Age Covesea Cave Scotland
2000 BC - Genetic Distance: 4.61 [FONT=&quot]

100 %
[/FONT]

3. Bronze Age Czech Velke Prilepy
2100 BC - Genetic Distance: 4.612 [FONT=&quot]

99 %
[/FONT]

4. Bell Beaker Scotland
2145 BC - Genetic Distance: 4.778 [FONT=&quot]

99 %
[/FONT]

5. Copper Age Irlbach Straubing-Bogen Bavaria
2250 BC - Genetic Distance: 4.787 [FONT=&quot]

100 %
[/FONT]

6. Bronze Age Prague Czech Kobylisy
1813 BC - Genetic Distance: 5.21 [FONT=&quot]

98 %
[/FONT]

7. Viking Age Skara Varnhem Sweden
1050 AD - Genetic Distance: 5.403 [FONT=&quot]

91 %
[/FONT]

8. Copper Age Bell Beaker Brandysek Czech
2350 BC - Genetic Distance: 5.46 [FONT=&quot]

99 %
[/FONT]

9. Glavanesti Bronze Age Romania
2000 BC - Genetic Distance: 5.472
97 %
match vs all users [FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

10. Viking St. Brice Massacre Oxford
1002 AD - Genetic Distance: 6.034 [FONT=&quot]

94 %
match vs all users [/FONT]

Closest Modern Populations
1. North_German (7.044)

2. Danish (7.312)
3. Flemish (7.602)
4. South_Dutch (7.668)
5. North_Dutch (7.987)
6. Southwest_English (8.123)
7. German_Central (8.140)
8. Welsh (8.286)

Hi im new can you pass me info from the sample VK538?

I heard this sample is half northern italian and half slavic-nordic is that true?

I heard this sample is half northern italian and half slavic-nordic is that true?

… imho VK538 is half Southern Italian and half Norman, … the map shows an approximate midway point, I Think :)

The Vikings in Southern Italy were Normans.

(Often, Oracles give approximated halfway results to mixed people)

NLpTcfT.jpg

bVsBvTR.jpg

Last edited:
VK538 (Foggia Viking) - Maciamo 2Way calculator:
... it agrees with my assumptions above (VK538 = Southern Italian + Norman)
Top result: Nordic BA + Foggia_Apulia, and is closer to the Scandinavian Vikings than the Russian ones.

6MalsZr.gif

Distance to:Nordic_Bronze_Age_(n=14)
6.19196253Swedish
6.47574706Danish
6.92040461Norwegian
8.05537088Icelandic

Code:
VK538_Dod_K12b,5.67,0.03,1.37,1.02,31.40,31.69,0.00,0.00,7.51,0.17,19.83,1.30

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threa...iably-compare-your-DNA-to-ancient-populations

thanks!!!

thanks!!! im new in this page but i will start posting my results maybe later :) can i ask how you can download that sample can you show me pls?

Last edited:
can I ask you one last favor? you can pass me if you can the sample of R110
(vasconic-roman mix crypta balbi)

Sorry for asking again do you have the sample Ostrogoth mix? XD

so sorry

Yeah sorry i wqs confused is AEH_1 thats true

Last edited:
Sorry im confused is true isAEH_1 ostrogoth mix in MTA

In Ancient Relavites the first population is Ancient Middle Helladic Elati-Logkas Greece 1861 BC 95% higher than others with the same match, I also have other Greek samples, the oldest are two samples from 2827 BC, i'm from Gargano (north-east Apulia)

This thread has been viewed 1263974 times.

Back