Mytrueancestry.com

You need Olympus to create default Ancient Kits,

I have Zeus, a step below, ... so I uploaded the RawData of the Ancient Kits above instead :)

Miei Complimenti Salento!

MIO1.JPEG

MIO3.JPEG

M%25C3%258DO.JPEG

miogalloroman.jpeg

MIOgaloroman2.jpeg

miogaloromancripta.jpeg

MIOgironaSANTJULIADEremis.jpeg

MIOiberianPiedmont.jpeg

MIOnorthalpinebronze.jpeg

MIOsantJuliadeRamis.jpeg

MIOvasconic.jpeg

Roman Hispania does not appear. The highest peaks coincide with Visigoths, Gallo-Roman late Roma, medieval, late medieval with older correspondences on par with Cogotas, Etruscans, North Alpine. During Al-Andalus it seems that I endure the body of my ancestral Iberia mix well. I have the impression that it is the fifth century that influences my composition by altering it at the end of Rome. I don't know if I'm right but it's the impression I have and Medieval Late Medieval.

Last edited:
My Byzantine matches:

83. Byzantine Empire Troy (1300 AD) ..... 19.27
- ByzantineNod1

95. Byzantine Roman Warrior (605 AD) ..... 20.38 - NS3b

Salento: Those,based on My True Ancestry's definitions, are both good matches. <=10 is defined as this is your ancient ancestry and <=20 this person is part of your ancestral link.

Salento: Those,based on My True Ancestry's definitions, are both good matches. <=10 is defined as this is your ancient ancestry and <=20 this person is part of your ancestral link.

No, they’re not,
Nº 83 and 95 out of 100.

So a distance score of 19.37 and 20.38, even though your #83 and 95 out of 100 closest matches, would still indicate some genetic affinity and relationship? or I am misinterpreting or overstating the genetic affinity between you and those 2 Byzantine Greeks.

my sister's result for deep dive breakdown

my father is very similar except top is scythian and bottom is Illyrian

So a distance score of 19.37 and 20.38, even though your #83 and 95 out of 100 closest matches, would still indicate some genetic affinity and relationship? or I am misinterpreting or overstating the genetic affinity between you and those 2 Byzantine Greeks.

I don’t know, but according to what others say any distance over 5 is too far.
my 10 - 11 ... distance matches were criticized for been too far, now, imagine 19 or 20, ....

Salento: My interpretation was based on MyTrueAncestry's definitions. For Ancient Populations, they noted that a score of <=10 indicates this is part of your Ancient ancestry. A score of <=20 indicates a population that you are related to and I think for a score of <=30, then one that you could be related to. For Modern populations, <=5 is a population that is like a Match, <=10 is one that you have a close relation to and <=15 indicates one that you are probably related to. I have wondered what is a clear methodology for interpreting these genetic distances used from these calculators and have not been able to find an article from a Statistics Journal that has run these models and come up with a way to define them. MyTrueAncestry is the first site that has provided some definitions for interpreting the Distance numbers, maybe there are others, but that is the first one I have seen. I both modern and Deep Ancestry dives and then clicked the Info which described how to interpret the distances. So that was the context I made my post #223 above.

Definitions for Modern Populations
What do these numbers mean?
Genetic distance measures how close you are to a given modern population. Many modern populations are surprisingly close to another, which is often due to true common ancestry.
5 means you are close to this population
10 means you could fit into this population
15 means a related population

Definitions for Ancient Populations
What do these numbers mean?
Genetic distance measures how close you are to a given sample.
10 means this is your ancient ancestry
20 means this is part of your ancestral link
30 means possibly related to your ancestry
The info button displays detailed sample information - a green circle around the info button reveals a Sample Spotlight.

Last edited:
Salento: My interpretation was based on MyTrueAncestry's definitions. For Ancient Populations, they noted that a score of <=10 indicates this is part of your Ancient ancestry. A score of <=20 indicates a population that you are related to and I think for a score of <=30, then one that you could be related to. For Modern populations, <=5 is a population that is like a Match, <=10 is one that you have a close relation to and <=15 indicates one that you are probably related to. I have wondered what is a clear methodology for interpreting these genetic distances used from these calculators and have not been able to find an article from a Statistics Journal that has run these models and come up with a way to define them. MyTrueAncestry is the first site that has provided some definitions for interpreting the Distance numbers, maybe there are others, but that is the first one I have seen. I both modern and Deep Ancestry dives and then clicked the Info which described how to interpret the distances. So that was the context In made my post #223 above.

The distances I mentioned were about MTA, I already said what mods and users stated about my MTA 10 / 11 distances. ... too far! regardless the MTA info.

Salento: Ok, so the rule of thumb for ancient populations is <=10 to considered a close match for an Ancient population and thus considered something worth posting and opening up for discussion. I will try and go with that as best I can if that is the protocol used for Ancients vs. ones own DNA comparisons. Thanks.

Salento: Ok, so the rule of thumb for ancient populations is <=10 to considered a close match for an Ancient population and thus considered something worth posting and opening up for discussion. I will try and go with that as best I can if that is the protocol used for Ancients vs. ones own DNA comparisons. Thanks.

If we follow protocol we won’t have much to show.

the latest samples I posted were on the 19 distance range, lol

keep posting :)

Some curious things in the difference in the treatment of some perirodo and others

94. Tartessian Archaic Andalusia (600 BC) ..... 16.35 - I12171 -

The necropolis of La Angorilla is located near Sevilla Spain and dates from the 8th to 6th century BC. The tombs present rectangular shape and are oriented in a west-east direction, a feature common amongst the necropolis of the Phoenician archaic period in the Iberian Peninsula.

22. Bronze Age Spain Cogotas (1290 BC) ..... 12.13 - I12209 -

La Requejada is a site located on a terrace of the river Duero in Castilla y Leon Spain. As with other Cogotas I sites, nearby were numerous structures filled with refuse material (ceramic shards, animal bones, ashes).

This individual was an infantile male.

64. Roman Era Girona (80 AD) ..... 14.63 - I8339

Empuries is a major Ancient Greek and Ancient Roman archaeological site in Girona Province, on the Mediterranean coast of the Spanish region of Catalonia.

It comprises the ruins of the Ancient Greek colony of Emporion established by colonists from the Ionian Greek city of Phocaea in Anatolia in the first half of the 6th century BC, and the ruins of an Ancient Roman fortified camp turned into a town in the 1st century BC, the earliest traces of Roman presence in the area. At the beginning of the Roman imperial period, the Greek and Roman towns were integrated into municipium Emporiae.

Archaeological structures in the vicinity of Empuries include remains from as early as the Neolithic, through the Final Bronze Age and the Early Iron Age, and the again in the Late Antiquity and Medieval Period, even though the Roman city was abandoned in the 3rd century AD.

Even though the first archaeological excavations of Empuries began in 1908, the Greek and Roman ruins and their respective burial sites had already been looted repeatedly. The fact that human remains had not been preserved in most of the tombs and graves limited the anthropological information about the site until new discoveries began to be made in the 1980s.

The remains of a total of 24 people discovered since then have been genetically analyzed revealing previously unattainable information about life in Empuries during the Antiquity period.

The construction of a new visitor center led to rescue excavations in 2010, which exposed a necropolis of tombs south of the Ancient Greek town. The necropolis is dated to between 500 BC and 350 BC based on the remains of ten people.

Further digs revealed that the area even further to the south was used as a cemetery in the Roman period, with pit burials and tombs covered with tegulae (Roman tiles) from the 2nd century AD. The remains of five people recovered from them were dated to between 100 AD and 200 AD. Those of a sixth person are dated to between 43 BC and 51 AD, and those of a seventh person - to between 57 AD and 208 AD.

112. Roman Villa Tarragona (350 AD) ..... 17.04 - I6490

The Mas Gassol archaeological site in Catalonia, Spain comprises the ruins of an Ancient Roman countryside villa (villa rustica), with a small necropolis. The Roman remains in question are dated to the period between 200 AD and 500 AD. It is located near the town of Alcover, Tarragona Province, 18 km away from the city of Tarragona (Tarraco), at the foot of the Prades Mountains, at an altitude of 235 m above sea level. Tarragona itself is known as the earliest Roman settlement on the Iberian Peninsula, founded back in 218 BC. Subsequently, it developed into the capital of the Roman province of Hispania Citerior (197-27 BC) and then Hispania Tarraconensis (27 BC-476 AD).
Roman Tarragonas hinterland (called Ager Tarraconensis) was dotted with numerous countryside villas specialized in farming and livestock breeding.
Mas Gassol countryside villa featured a landowners residence as well as what is described as a farming management center. The villa necropolis, which was in use in the 3rd 5th century AD, was found to have a total of six graves containing the remains of 10 people - 8 adults and 2 children.
Five of the graves in question were built of tegulae (Roman tiles) and limestone slabs, with material derived from the area. Three of those contained the remains of more than one person: two adults in two of those, and two adults and one child in the third one.
The sixth grave was a burial in a wooden coffin which proved to be the resting place of a child who was aged 5 or 6.
The deceased buried in the six graves in the Mas Gassol necropolis was laid to rest with their heads pointing northwest, looking in the direction of the rising of the sun.
The landscape around Mas Gassol can be seen here. Human teeth from the Roman graves at Mas Gassol have been used in a wide-ranging research on the genomic history of the Iberian Peninsula.

149. Roman Villa Granada Spain (300 AD) ..... 18.86 - I4055

The Roman villa of Camino de Ronda-Plaza Einstein is in the city of Granada (Spain) with a necropolis dated to the 3rd and 4th centuries. Nearby artifacts include common ware with comb-incised decoration and Africa TSA type tableware.

That's all they have to say about the vettones and that's all they have to say nothing more and nothing less than the Tartessos Kingdom.

The Tarraconense had a seat in the Roman Senate, I think not, La Bética and the conventus gaditanus did have both seats in the Roman Senate.

But please, very badly done in this regard.

0000599420.jpg

[h=1]With reserved seats in Rome[/h]Two researchers from the University of Cádiz travel to the Italian capital to analyze two inscriptions with the word 'Gaditanorum' in the stands of the Colosseum · They have been documented since 1939

In fact, both inscriptions are published in the epigraphic catalogs, a corpus of Roman inscriptions called CIL (Corpus Inscripcionum Latinarum), specifically in the volume dedicated to Rome: "They are collected, but have not had significance because from Rome it looks like a something far away, but we are very interested because it verifies that there are very intense relations between the two cities, even long after the Balbo era, which is the peak of relations between Gades and the capital of the empire. that in Cádiz there were very wealthy families who could reserve seats in the cavea, in the privileged area of the Colosseum. " They were seats, in short, intended for senators or privileged groups of Roman society.

"And it is the only inscription in the entire coliseum concerning the reservation of seats for citizens of a municipality. There is no other inscription that speaks of cities that had a reserved place in the colosseum, which does not mean that no there would be, but none have been preserved, "says Bernal.

The inscriptions can be contemplated at the moment in the colosseum, in an area of the amphitheater that is restored and that can be visited; in fact it is the only area in the stands that is restored.

Darío Bernal confirms the importance of Gades among the cities that formed the Roman Empire, an importance based on trade, in the economy: "It was a fundamental seaport in the commercial relations between the Mediterranean and the Italian Peninsula, with oil, flax, the salting of fish, and this allowed the oligarchy, the great Cadiz families, to promote themselves to this point, "explains the UCA professor.

https://www.diariodecadiz.es/ocio/asientos-reservados-Roma_0_381562208.html

And so I could continue with The Kingdom of Tartessos and Cogotas, but well they will see what they do in the treatment they give to different cultures e.t.c.

Well-constituted boys who eat seafood, I had to be there.

vikingmassacre.jpg

vikingmassacre.jpg

vikingmasacre3.jpeg

vikingmasacre2.jpeg

If we follow protocol we won’t have much to show.

the latest samples I posted were on the 19 distance range, lol

keep posting :)

Ok, will do, Cheers.

Now we are going to study one of my Deep Dives

Does it make you?

I knew it, well let's go there. After having published in other threads tons of straw bales of wet paper that has not served for anything, we fly to the little that we have minimally decent.

VasconesTribeVasconiaI3759.JPEG

vasconesVasconia.jpeg

closestancient.jpeg

breakdown2o.jpg

deepdivemape.jpeg

premiumeurope.jpeg

timeline25samples.jpeg

timeline100samples.jpeg

timeline200samples.jpeg

breakdowntelara%25C3%25B1a2o.jpeg

ydistribution.jpeg

mtdistribution.jpeg

alpinebronzeage.jpeg

bronzeagespaincogotas.jpeg

bronzeagespaincogotas2.jpeg

celtiberiannorternspain.jpeg

galloroman.jpeg

galoroman.jpeg

galoromancrypta.jpeg

iberianilergetes.jpeg

ilergetesOutliercatalan.jpeg

irelandcooper.jpeg

settlerviking.jpeg

Westerngermany.jpeg

outliersamples.jpeg

Eras.jpeg

1+2=3
2+1=3

Last edited:
let me know if I am wrong ........but the timeline below , once you move the middle bar to BC times includes/adds others

so I assume only the Orange bars are for me and they are the only ones that appear on the default...it this correct

Red and blue bars are not mine ??!!

View attachment 11795
Does anybody know what time in history the Ancient Swedes settled in the British Isles or France; becides the England Runes? I?m not seeing anything online and I?m hoping that there is some history material in another language :)

Last edited:
View attachment 11795
Does anybody know what time in history the Swedish Vikings settled in the British Isles or France; becides the England Runes? I�m not seeing anything online and I�m hoping that there is some history material in another language :)

the invasions started in the 9th century

My sister got her ancestry results back yesterday. Some interesting matches on MTA as well

Myself:

Viking + Celt (2.149)
Viking Danish + Vandal (3.46)
Celt + Saxon (3.622)
Celt + Vandal (3.737)
Viking + Saxon (3.995)
Celt (5.432)
Vandal (5.617)
Saxon (5.708)
Viking Danish (6.759)
Viking (7.302)

Sibling:

Viking Danish + Saxon (4.993)
Celt + Saxon (5.59)
Celt + Frank (5.921)
Celt (6.036)
Viking Danish + Celt (6.145)
Saxon + Frank (6.61)
Viking Danish (8.702)
Frank (9.124)
Saxon (9.39)
Viking Icelandic (10.83)

This thread has been viewed 1253283 times.

Back