Mytrueancestry.com

I don't get any Gladiators, but I would’ve been a match for their Lanista for sure, I think :grin:

v8c5wDU.jpg

SCRcqbK.jpg

I don't get any Gladiators, but I would’ve matched for their Lanista for sure, I think :grin:

v8c5wDU.jpg

SCRcqbK.jpg
The Lanista was the one who, in ancient Rome, bought the gladiators and taught them how to fight. It was the owner of several gladiators and who supplied them to the shows; he was also the master of arms and teacher of the company. He used a “staff” as a mark of his authority. Yes, Salento. You were a Roman Citizen and probably had the autorization of emperor to maintain this entertainment business in the Empire.:grin:

@Duarte, I'm not showing-off (I’m :) ,
but you’re right,

I gave Bread and Circuses ... :cool-v:

(somehow every time I press “@“ on my keyboard, it writes “@Carlos” instead, I guess I need to reset some settings / Cache-Memory)

The Lanista was the one who, in ancient Rome, bought the gladiators and taught them how to fight. It was the owner of several gladiators and who supplied them to the shows; he was also the master of arms and teacher of the company. He used a “staff” as a mark of his authority.

And he always paid his debts. This is known!

And he always paid his debts. This is known!

Yes, Tardis. It's true. We could compare the ancient roman gladiators to slave workers of modern times, who work for unscrupulous farmers who rent housing for them inside the farm and for sell them food in storerooms also inside the farm, so slave laborers are always owing their master and never can to go away home. They work, they work and they work, but they never to be able to pay off their debts.

but you’re right,

(somehow every time I press “@“ on my keyboard, it writes “@Carlos” instead, I guess I need to reset some settings / Cache-Memory)

lol

Romanromanrule.jpg

Sorry, Tardis. Message deleted. The message was to @Salento.

Last edited:
but you’re right,

LOL You are not showing-off, Salento. I think I showing-off more than you, LOL. Panem et circenses. It was the way aristocracy of the Empire used to keep the commoner disinterested in politics and to pay attention only to pleasures like food (bread) and fun, through gladiatorial struggles. You are descended from a Roman aristocrat and was fulfilling his role as aristocrat to maintain peace in the empire. LOL ;)

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Mexican Standoff:

Central Roman vs Hellenic Roman vs North Roman Warrior
the good, the bad, and the ugly :)

Who do you think would Win?

... thinking ...
:grin:

350px-Isla_Cruces_duel_1_8611.png

rLjDQAI.jpg

OlPGllV.jpg

0fSASM2.jpg

Mexican Standoff:

... thinking...

rLjDQAI.jpg

OlPGllV.jpg

0fSASM2.jpg

I think the North Roman Warrior, though ugly, wins :)

Mexican Standoff:

... thinking ...
:grin:

350px-Isla_Cruces_duel_1_8611.png

rLjDQAI.jpg

OlPGllV.jpg

0fSASM2.jpg

I don't who's who, but Johnny Depp should always win. :)

I think the North Roman Warrior, though ugly, wins :)

imo the Hellenic Roman wins :grin:

He’s got the discipline of a Roman and the Spider Senses of a Salentino, lol

@Angela Johnny Depp just met his match :)

(Salentini are Tarantati since birth) :giggle:

10/2019 AD - Top 20 Archaeological Map:

zuOx8Po.jpg

Kit Comparison:
oQJNn6t.jpg

SCRcqbK.jpg

:unsure: Why is it that so many of you get a Cool Action Picture of your Closest Ancient Populations, but me and few others are still stuck with Lame Family Portraits ?
I wouldn't mind changing it with a new kick - ..s photo
:)

10/2019 AD - Top 20 Archaeological Map:

zuOx8Po.jpg

Kit Comparison:
oQJNn6t.jpg

SCRcqbK.jpg

:unsure: Why is it that so many of you get a Cool Action Picture of your Closest Ancient Populations, but me and few others are still stuck with Lame Family Portraits ?
I wouldn't mind changing it with a new kick - ..s photo
:)

Dear friend Salento. That's why I beted in the victory of the North Roman Warrior in your previous post. These yours ancestors, at least in the pics, are very domestic. They are very “home sweet home”. They could not win a battle with a northern warrior accustomed to fighting hostile barbarians on the northern frontier of the Empire. Think about that, LOL. ;)

Dear friend Salento. That's why I beted in the victory of the North Roman Warrior in your previous post. These yours ancestors, at least in the pics, are very domestic. They are very “home sweet home”. They could not win a battle with a northern warrior accustomed to fighting hostile barbarians on the northern frontier of the Empire. Think about that, LOL. ;)

I’m thinking :) got it:

“The worst thing that happened to me, that can happen to any Fighter: I got Civilized.”

(Rocky 3, The Italian Stallion) :grin:

I’m thinking :) got it:
“The worst thing that happened to me, that can happen to any Fighter: I got Civilized.”
(Mickey - Rocky 3, Italian Stallion) :grin:

I agree. I would say that. But some forum readers could be offended. But the reality (harsh reality for some people) is that the Greco-Romans in the center and south of the Italic peninsula were extremely cultured and advanced. Let's say the northern people still were rude and still were rehearsing the first steps toward civilization. A incontestable fact, I think ;)

@Duarte, civilized or not, Rocky wins at the end, so Hellenic Roman wins too :) :embarassed::embarassed::embarassed:

This thread has been viewed 1253515 times.

Back