Mytrueancestry.com

Salento: No problem, I need to come here for a while, there is now a thread, that has been going on the last 2 days is about to make my freaking head explode.

Salento: No problem, I need to come here for a while, there is now a thread, that has been going on the last 2 days is about to make my freaking head explode.

Beliefs often clashes with Fact.

we’re joined at the hip (chromosome level) with so many of the Ancient Italian / Roman samples, our relation with them is Strong,

... some people still say that they could all be, ‘Lost Tourists’ ... and when that happens there is no point in arguing with them, ...

Beliefs often clashes with Fact.

we’re joined at the hip (chromosome level) with so many of the Ancient Italian / Roman samples, our relation with them is Strong,

... some people still say that they could all be, ‘Lost Tourists’ ... and when that happens there is no point in arguing with them.

We are my friend, I will send you a classic Sicilian dinner, start with Bread and Arancini as the starter, some Pasta and Mussels for entree, and desert, Granita and Cannoli. You send me your best dish from Puglia and then we will toast with a glass of vino.

I don't want to overly generalize to all the North of the Alpers but it does seem there is a segment of that group having a hard time that you from Lecce on the Boot part of Puglia and me whose ancestors are from Trapani, Palermo and Agrigento (West Sicily) provinces having Deep Dive Matches with some many Romans is hard for them to take. I mean if they shared Deep Dive Chromosome matches with a significant numbers of the 127 ancient Roman samples, I am sure we would have heard about it by now.

my y T final marker path ends in ... :cool-v: ... take that R850 - SZ36 - CL23 ... :grin:

Z9s8Uiw.jpg

zBRhLz9.jpg

http://scaledinnovation.com/gg/snpTracker.html

Last edited:
For me it's remarkable how little the Roman/Italian genetic imprint has changed. Yes you were invaded by the Goths and the Lombards but they were elite based invasions and soon they disappeared in the genetic noise.

Has anyone ever tried creating a genetic map of each of the Components? I?d be interested to see if Celtic echoes the LaTene Culture. :)
View attachment 12258

Nothing with guanche. I was in Tenerife years ago they are already very mixed with Europeans but I coincidentally coincided with the day of the Virgin of La Candelaria and there was like a little girl sitting on a pilgrimage plan and there were people who perhaps had come from rural areas that I had not seen before by the city and there were really archaic guys especially women, many of them very blonde.

fyi ... I use S instead of Salento because it feels weird when I write about myself in the 3rd person, lol

... I took the user name of my Land, and even though I match most of the Pugliesi, my results are my own,
and in no way do they represent the complexity of Salento as a whole.

I tried to be a good host to the name, ... cast your judgment to me, and not to the people of Salento.

... with Great Names comes great responsibility :)

... I took the user name of my Land, and even though I match most of the Pugliesi, my results are my own,
and in no way do they represent the complexity of Salento as a whole.

I tried to be a good host to the name, ... cast your judgment to me, and not to the people of Salento.

... with Great Names comes great responsibility :)

Well said, You must have a Uncle named Ben Parker Salento(y)

Well said, You must have a Uncle named Ben Parker Salento(y)
or Stan Lee could have been inspired by the Spider-Men and Spider-Women of Salento,

the Taranta (Spider) (maybe as old as the Cult of Dionysus) has been one of the symbols of Salento long before Spider-Man showed up :)

... This cult of tarantism, was linked to the icon of the spider because it is the symbol of Mother Earth that resurfaces with his primal instincts ruthless with the strength of ancient pagan rituals that Christianity has sought to mitigate bringing them to reason, in the womb Holy Mother Church (hence the connection with St. Paul)...

https://chain.eu/?m3=19516

https://explorepartsunknown.com/southern-italy/spiderwomen-puglia/

or Stan Lee could have been inspired by the Spider-Men and Spider-Women of Salento,

the Taranta (Spider) (maybe as old as the Cult of Dionysus) has been one of the symbols of Salento long before Spider-Man showed up :)

... This cult of tarantism, was linked to the icon of the spider because it is the symbol of Mother Earth that resurfaces with his primal instincts ruthless with the strength of ancient pagan rituals that Christianity has sought to mitigate bringing them to reason, in the womb Holy Mother Church (hence the connection with St. Paul)...

https://chain.eu/?m3=19516

https://explorepartsunknown.com/southern-italy/spiderwomen-puglia/

Interesting, the lady in the first link, making me think saintly things or sinful:unsure: Very seductive! If I am in Salento I better find another parish to go to(y)

Interesting, the lady in the first link, making me think saintly things or sinful:unsure: Very seductive! If I am in Salento I better find another parish to go to(y)

It’s OK, we Catholics have mastered a loophole: ‘Confession’ :grin:

... about the user-name, your results could also be taken out of context (just like mine), by random internet readers unfamiliar with us, ... in your case as the Palermo and Trapani population average.

New Deep Dive

Niedertiefenchbach22.jpeg

Another news results

109. Bronze Age Niederergheim France

860 BC - Genetic Distance: 15.62 - NIED [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
99 %
match vs all users

Ligurian + Latin (5.594)
Ligurian + Gallo-Roman (5.747)
Gallo-Roman + Latin (6.517)
Ligurian (6.94)
Ligurian + Rhaeti (7.024)
Ligurian + Etruscan (7.078)
Latin (8.72)
Gallo-Roman (9.477)
Etruscan (11.02)
Rhaeti (11.76)

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]105. Iron Age Erstein France
250 BC - Genetic Distance: 15.45 - ERS86 [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
82 %
match vs all users
Visigoth + Etruscan (6.284)
Etruscan + Frank (6.474)
Gallo-Roman + Frank (7.066)
Visigoth + Gallo-Roman (7.146)
Frank + Illyrian (7.727)
Gallo-Roman (9.862)
Frank (11.27)
Illyrian (11.51)
Visigoth (12.29)
Etruscan (12.44)

234. Oppidium Plan-de-la-Tour France
425 BC - Genetic Distance: 19.48 - PT2 [FONT=&quot]

90 %
match vs all users

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]
Celt + Aquitani (6.804)
Celt (7.416)
Celt + Celtiberian (8.045)
Celt + Belgae (8.754)
Celt + Vascones (8.762)
Belgae + Celtiberian (9.559)
Vascones (11.39)
Celtiberian (14.14)
Belgae (14.61)
Aquitani (15.89)

98. Belgic Tribe Erstein France
250 BC - Genetic Distance: 15.2 - ERS1164 [FONT=&quot]

86 %
match vs all users

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]Belgae (Genetic match)

99. Quinquiris Bronze Age Aude France
1500 BC - Genetic Distance: 15.21 - QUIN234 [FONT=&quot][/FONT]
98 %
match vs all users

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Rhaeti + Etruscan (7.722)
[/FONT]

Etruscan (8.012)
Iberian + Gallo-Roman (8.044)
Aquitani + Etruscan (8.214)
Rhaeti (8.758)
Iberian + Etruscan (8.804)
Aquitani + Gallo-Roman (8.915)
Aquitani (11.52)
Iberian (12.71)
Gallo-Roman (14.15)

111. Quinquiris Bronze Age Aude France
1200 BC - Genetic Distance: 15.68 - QUIN58 [FONT=&quot]

99 %
match vs all users

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Gallo-Roman + Boii (11.87)
Belgae + Etruscan (12.91)
Belgae + Gallo-Roman (13.07)
Boii + Etruscan (13.39)
Gallo-Roman (13.62)
Rhaeti + Boii (13.99)
Boii (16.15)
Belgae (16.36)
Rhaeti (16.81)
Etruscan (17.37)

[/FONT]

In Spain the Quinquis are the nomadic tribe of the merchants of unknown origin, I imagine that they will not have any relationship and the similarity with the name will be coincidence.

It’s OK, we Catholics have mastered a loophole: ‘Confession’ :grin:

... about the user-name, your results could also be taken out of context (just like mine), by random internet readers unfamiliar with us, ... in your case as the Palermo and Trapani population average.

Yes, we have!. Oh I agree, most don't know that Salento would just be capturing everything from Brindisi down to further South and across the peninsula in that part of Puglia.

This thread has been viewed 1249799 times.

Back