Chrome Sharing:
Central Roman CL36 + Hellenic Roman SZ40
X6o5lYJ.jpg

Loaded my sons data

1. Protovillanovia Martinsicuro
930 BC - Genetic Distance: 4.445 - R1
Top 99 % match vs all users

2. Central Roman
630 AD - Genetic Distance: 5.549 - CL36 ?

3. Central Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 6.369 - SZ43

4. Central Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 7.084 - SZ36

5. Gallo-Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 7.479 - SZ28 ?

6. North Roman Warrior
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.056 - NS3c

7. Tivoli Palace Late Renaissance
1650 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.27 - R970

8. Roman Outlier Lombard Grave
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.306 - SZ37

9. Avar Szolad Hungary
700 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.516 - SZ1

10. Illyrian / Dalmatian
1200 BC - Genetic Distance: 8.625 - I3313

11. Scythian Southern Moldova
290 BC - Genetic Distance: 8.921 - scy197b

12. Roman/Illyrian Celio Military Hospital
500 AD - Genetic Distance: 9.056 - R36

13. Scythian Southern Moldova
270 BC - Genetic Distance: 9.109 - scy192

Roman + Illyrian (3.211)
Gaul + Roman (4.018)
Gallo-Roman + Roman (4.365)
Al-Andalus + Roman (5.322)
Roman (5.549)
Gallo-Roman + Illyrian (7.168)
Gallo-Roman (7.479)
Illyrian (8.625)

others beyond 13.00

mine below

Roman + Illyrian (5.912)
Gallo-Roman + Roman (6.381)
Gaul + Roman (6.586)
Gaul + Roman Hispania (6.926)
Gaul + Gallo-Roman (7.254)
Gallo-Roman (7.332)
Illyrian (8.937)
Roman (9.695)
Gaul (11.97)
Roman Hispania (13.23)

... matching post #3425 (Torzio) ... from my deep dive ‘Genetic Social Groups’ ... meet some of my ancient cousins :)

x1TKx15.jpg

interesting, ... Otzi:

... “it is thought if you have ancestors stem from the region between Sardinia and the Alps, there is a chance you could be related to Ötzi” ...

dM4AR5h.jpg

mT8FbM0.jpg

pEs0YUh.jpg

Gallo Roman closest Group
... not, ... but what do I know ...

q4QGTul.jpg

X8vXGBn.jpg

zzdXbgv.jpg

This “chroma analysis” function is cool. I've never experienced it before. I chose the two more common segments shown in my specific case, in the 22 chromosome lines. The populations are Gallo-Romans, first, and Visigoths, next.

MFNTxoA.jpg

mk4LNRX.jpg

CSa14aG.jpg

^^

How do you get the window to stay fixed when taking the screenshot because when I move the mouse it immediately goes away.

^^

How do you get the window to stay fixed when taking the screenshot because when I move the mouse it immediately goes away.

my PC:
- Zoom out (decrease browser fonts / size
- click a chromosome segment
- on the Keyboard press the “Windows Logo” and the “Print Sreen” (PrtSc SysRq) at the same time.

... though the samples disappear, the image with the samples should be in the Picture —> Screenshots folder.

iPhone: just take screenshots :)

my PC:
- Zoom out (decrease browser fonts / size
- click a chromosome segment
- on the Keyboard press the “Windows Logo” and the “Print Sreen” (PrtSc SysRq) at the same time.

... though the samples disappear, the image with the samples should be in the Picture —> Screenshots folder.

iPhone: just take screenshots :)

I always have wondered the same thing Salento that Carlos asked you. Thanks for the explanation.

Cheers (y)

@Salento
@Duarte
Merci

I have chosen Al Andalus for the screenshot test, I say to see what I was doing around that time.

AlAndalus.jpeg

AlAndalus2%252Cjpeg.jpg

AlAndalus3.jpeg

AlAndalus4.jpeg

I see myself as very local, after Ullastret it would be necessary to save the bogeyman, I will omit Belgae.

Hi @PT and @ Carlos.
Thanks by answer @Salento.

Hi Duarte, Carlos, Salento. Not sure I wished you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Years, but here is a late one. Still checking in everyday here but haven't seen many threads that I post in. I went ahead and bought the Admixture Studio as it allows me to run my NAT GENO DNA, which is in Excel format (Can't run it on GED MATCH). I also went ahead and decided to do the 23 and Me. Seems from what I read in a thread about 23 and Me results is that their reference populations are much better and more robust than the earlier ones they had so looking forward to it.

With respect to 23 and Me, how much do they tell you about Y DNA and Mtdna haplogroups. I know they give you the basic Y DNA but do they give any sub-clade details. Their Health report seems excellent and I think they still give a Neanderthal variant estimate.

Cheers, PT

Last edited:
... all “chroma analysis” samples imply a tangible genetic relationship amongst the samples and us (continuity), ... besides proof of Immortality :)

@PT 23andme gave me the same y and mtDNA as NatGeo, though as of now my final y clades is 3 mutations below that, and only one to my mtDNA final.

... all “chroma analysis” samples imply a tangible genetic relationship amongst the samples and us (continuity), ... besides proof of Immortality :)

@Palermo Trapani Happy New Year

@Salento Direct route with these samples

Yes

@PT 23andme gave me the same y and mtDNA as NatGeo, though as of now my final y clades is 3 mutations below that, and only one to my mtDNA final.

Salento: Ok, that sounds good. Thanks. So at best, all I will get with respect to Y and MtDNA is a corroboration of what NAT GENO gave me, which is ok with me. The Health report for 23 and Me I think was worth it by itself, along with Neanderthal Variants and of course you get another ethnicity report.

Looks like I will eventually have to go the route Duarte suggested and do the BIG Y at Ftdna to get deeper subclade analysis on the Y and I guess something similar on the mtDNA.

@Palermo Trapani Happy New Year

@Salento Direct route with these samples

Yes

yes Carlos, inside us,

... segments of their chromosomes have been inherited by us, but each of us could inherit different segments of the samples, or part of it.

the combinations of chromosome segments shared by the various samples shows that they had Tribal Ancestors in common, and the more segments they share in the various chromosomes, the more plausible and closer the genetic relationship becomes.

... some common ancestry between Latins R437 / R850 and Late Roman R107, because they share multiple segments / positions in different chromosomes.

Roman and Hellenic Roman Mausoleo Augusto R30 / R34 both share some common ancestry with the samples above, but not between the two of them (but they do share a segment position in an other chromosome)

Also worth noting is that the Latin R437 and the Roman Imperial R436 are consecutive on chrome 20 (... both from Praeneste)

WLxM3tK.jpg

chr 8.b ... all the samples I singled out above, including the two Mausoleo Augusto, plus base sample SZ1 / Otzi, and other samples who share the same place of origin.

VUKOeOf.jpg

Yale collection:
I should have brought it back with me :)

the only known surviving semicylindrical shield (Scutum) used by Roman Legionaries ...

Scutum (Shield) mid-3rd Century AD

s7VRiu3.jpg

iqD7TJt.jpg

GY9aEWN.jpg

UWGcq4E.jpg

Lion and Eagle

Yale collection:
I should have brought it back with me :)

the only known surviving semicylindrical shield (Scutum) used by Roman Legionaries ...

Scutum (Shield) mid-3rd Century AD

s7VRiu3.jpg

iqD7TJt.jpg

GY9aEWN.jpg

UWGcq4E.jpg

Lion and Eagle

we might be from the yellow group

we might be from the yellow group
It’s likely, ... roughly matches the Mesolithic to Bronze-Age in the migratory map:

9YZhzgu.jpg

This thread has been viewed 1259970 times.

Back