Mytrueancestry.com

Partly Macedonian....

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

Upao72k.png

I get the Indo-Greek sample too.

MnTkkgB.png

I've compared both DNAkit Studio Superkit, of FTDNA, and AncestryDNA Format. Despite some infinitesimal differences, they are almost identical.

To answer Joey, I think either one of these are the optimal Raw data files to use on this calculator.

UCxi1oU.png

KQsgX8l.png

RoF4Sow.png

Partly Macedonian....

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

vl8tToO.png

I think perhaps the correlation partly has to do with Anatolian Bronze Age admixture, overlapping between Albanians, Greeks, Italians, etc. SEEurope1 and 2 are Albanian cohorts of samples.

I'd suspect I would have a closer affinity with the south of Albania, who have higher levels of ABA. I get 81 on the K36 heat map there, as well as SCItaly; both with comparable levels of ABA. I also get 81 for the Peloponnese:

550now6.png

vl8tToO.png

I think perhaps the correlation partly has to do with Anatolian Bronze Age admixture, overlapping between Albanians, Greeks, Italians, etc. SEEurope1 and 2 are Albanian cohorts of samples.

I'd suspect I would have a closer affinity with the south of Albania, who have higher levels of ABA. I get 81 on the K36 heat map there, as well as SCItaly; both with comparable levels of ABA. I also get 81 for the Peloponnese:

550now6.png
Here's my DNAkit Studio FTDNA format K36 heat map, there's some slight differences.

pCzDawG.png

3D Ancient Sample Analysis PCA:

0KYpQJC.gif

My map above
There are AD and BC dates
I am not sure what it is suppose to represent....any ideas?

My map above
There are AD and BC dates
I am not sure what it is suppose to represent....any ideas?

The dates on the map indicate the TIME of when your Matches were Alive and Kicking :)

(They haven't labeled some of the samples properly, yet)

Default Map
BHbDWe4.jpg

... and if you add samples:
qh2TAx0.jpg

What if the Greek dna in Albanian is actually Pelasgian? It seems like the Greek in Albanians seems different from Greeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@valentinavalley2

Nah, I think the commonality has to do with the legacy of a copper age/Bronze age migration from Anatolia.

vl8tToO.png

550now6.png

Pelasgian is an outdated term which is not used in genetics studies for very good reasons, chief among them being that even the accounts from the Greek "historians" and writers are contradictory.

This tendency to treat these ancient writers as geneticists or even historians in the modern sense is unhelpful.

Of course, there were indeed indigenous people in the Balkans before the arrival of the Indo-European speakers, and there was admixture of different amounts in different parts of the Balkans and Greece.

What we have is European Middle Neolithic people who were mostly Anatolian Neolithic plus up to 20-25% WHG, and then there was a new arrival in the Copper/Bronze Age of people from Anatolia (this time with larger amounts of Iranian Neolithic) and then from the steppe.

Different groups carried different percentages of those ancient peoples.

The mixing has gone on throughout the millennia.

There's no modern population completely descended from the groups of the Bronze Age. That's fantasy.

There are few differences between Kits.
I think that AncestryDNA has better compatibility in some of the MTA apps.
As a rule of thumb, the better Kits are the ones with the closest Archaeogenetic matches (smaller numbers), I think.

Kits test on GedMatch ... curiosity :)

Single kit vs Combined GedMatch vs Combined DNA-Kit-Studio

Single Normal Kit:
mKPJnPw.jpg

Kit Combined by GedMatch:
2pm0Mgl.jpg

Kit Combined with DNA Kit Studio:
PAbvMUS.jpg

There's not much of a difference, lol :giggle:

Comparing with one of my Top Matches:

I9js78V.jpg

Single Kit vs Combined Kit (DnaKitStudio) vs Combined (GedMatch)

SZ40 & Salento - Q-Matching One-to-One Comparison:

Comparing Kit TZ5280008 (SZ40) [-] and Salento Combined (DnaKitStudio)

W1FKIAO.jpg

Total cM: 10.10
Largest segment cM: 1.51
Total segments: 8

Comparing Kit TZ5280008 (SZ40) [-] Salento Combined (by GedMatch)
rSh8FiO.jpg

Total cM: 7.93
Largest segment cM: 1.51
Total segments: 6

Comparing Kit TZ5280008 (SZ40) [-] and Salento Single

ccSTAhM.jpg

Total cM: 2.32
Largest segment cM: 1.16
Total segments: 2

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 1253338 times.

Back