Mytrueancestry.com

After all, who can say with certainty what is a bullshit and what is or who is right or wrong? One of the four major autosomal testing companies of the world says I have 1,165 cousins ​​scattered around the world. Below, part of the list of some of the countries where I have cousins:

reAibVr.jpg

The first one on the list of cousins is a German woman, my first or second cousin, with whom I share 11 segments of DNA totaling 213 cm (3%), the longest being 51.1 cm. Neither I do believe in this, nor She, so much so that we never contact each other:

Just a genetic coincidence. Genes combine randomly. They play, they fun with us. She and me have only one genetic similarity. She is not my first cousin and neither am I her first cousin. I'm also not a cousin of the other 1,164 people that are on the list.

You don't understand it or just ********?
You compare matches of real people from MyHeritage with ancient samples from few thousands years?:)

Simply you can't inherit so many cM (50, 60, 80 or more) from ancient samples lived thousand years ago. This is clue of my post.
All those numbers are probably make up randomly for everyone who was sto stupid to pay for it.

Here is post from 23&me forum, not mine but user RandalGibbs.
1 cM by definition is the length of DNA that has a 1% chance of recombination during meiosis. For longer segments you can estimate the chance of recombination in a single generation based on the cM length. For example a 20cM segment has about an 80% chance of remaining intact and a 20% chance of being recombined. (It's not exactly 80/20 because it could have multiple recombinations). If the segment remains intact, there is a 50/50 chance it is passed down. For a 20cM segment of your parent's DNA, there is about a 40% chance you'll get the whole thing, 40% you'll get none of it and 20% it will recombine and you'll only get part of it.Obviously each generation decreases the likelihood of getting an intact segment of over 20cM from an ancestor. I could imagine a segment of that size surviving recombination for many generations, perhaps a few hundred years, but can't see how it would survive for thousands of year.

I wrote a recombination simulator. It is the first step in a project I may never finish to estimate the amount of DNA that should be shared by relatives based not only on the relationship, but by the number of males and females in the relationship path. (There is less recombination in males than females. You get 50% from each set of grandparents, but are likely to have fewer but longer paternal segments while you have more but shorter maternal segments).
I just ran my simulator a few times and the longest segment that it showed surviving 100 generations (roughly 3000 years) was about 7cM. I got quite a few segments 4-6cM and a few over 7cM, but none that were 8cM. I can't see how some of the images above are correct showing a segment over 20cM shared with someone who lived 3000 years, like shown in the first 2 images above (2450BC, 2500BC) That doesn't seem plausible to me.

I could be wrong, but if he is who I think he is, he’s proving not to be a good sport.

He’s afraid of the competition.

I could be wrong, but if he is who I think he is, he’s proving not to be a good sport.

He’s afraid of the competition.
If you refer to me, I don't make products related to ancient genomes. So it isn't my competitor.

First thing. They use for modern population distances on 99% K15 Eurogenes.
Why K15? Simply compare your single distances (for modern populations) and population ordering on the list, in mytruancestry and K15. Selling people results from free K15 is not good practice, isn't it?

Moreover I simply can't resist if someone deliberately fools people and sell them "upgrades" which shows fake cM values for "ancient matches".

If you don't agree with me please explain how it is possible to have ancient match with few thousands years sample, with cM level equaling some close cousin:) I'm waiting for your scholar opinion...Above I posted opinion of guy more experienced than me in such things.

Last edited:
Bronze age Jutland Denmark is this case or it is about another individual?

skrydstrupkvinden_i_sin_kiste.jpg

skrydstrupkvinden_med_oereringe_og_haar_beskaaret.jpg

220px-Egtvedpiken.jpg

Analyses suggest that she could have come from south Germany, France, Sweden, or The Czech Republic, and researchers are now trying to pinpoint her exact origins to see just how far she may have travelled.

I have taken 80.11 cM with this beauty of the Bronze Age but how to know if it is for Y DNA or mitochondrial DNA?

Bronze age Jutland Denmark is this case?

skrydstrupkvinden_i_sin_kiste.jpg

Analyses suggest that she could have come from south Germany, France, Sweden, or The Czech Republic, and researchers are now trying to pinpoint her exact origins to see just how far she may have travelled.

I have taken 80 cM with this beauty of the Bronze Age but how to know if it is for Y DNA or mitochondrial DNA?

Not only Bronze Age Jutland. Some people have hilariously high cM values for Alemanns, Myceanians or Scythians. Simply open your one-to-many list on Gedmatch or match list in FTDNA and compare cM values with those living people. And check with whom and how many you have such high matches.

And now calculate generation number which lasted from Brozne or Iron Age... There are all fake results. Not matter where they lived, 50, 100 or 150 generations erased all substantial cM values in common with them.

https://isogg.org/wiki/Autosomal_DNA_statistics

Here table from ISOGG

1000px-Shared_cM_version_3.jpg

And did you really think Jutland sample is someone living today 3rd cousing according to table:)?

Didnt know there was an update. running mine now.

The interesting thing would be to compare in Gedmatch my kit with Jutland Bronze Age

How do I know if my match with Age Bronze Denmark is by mitochondrial DNA or by Y DNA?

@mlucas

I ain’t a Scholar of anything.

In case of conflict of interest, Full Disclosure is a must.

People need to know from which angle a criticism is coming from.

@mlucas

I ain’t a Scholar of anything.

In case of conflict of interest, Full Disclosure is a must.

People need to know from which angle a criticism is coming from.
I criticize openly under mine nick. You could be suspicious if I theoretically create new account and post as sock acting as average user...

The interesting thing would be to compare in Gedmatch my kit with Jutland Bronze Age

How do I know if my match with Age Bronze Denmark is by mitochondrial DNA or by Y DNA?

In such kind of analysis you can't. No on-line tool gives you percentages or population distances to ancient or modern pops using Y-DNA or mtDNA, please don't talk such things... Only autosomal DNA is used.
BTW if you uploaded for example FTDNA or MyHeritage or Ancestry kit there don't have sex chromosomes snps.

I criticize openly under mine nick. You could be suspicious if I theoretically create new account and post as sock acting as average user...

You should have told @Duarte.
Instead you called us stupid.
Not everyone knows what you do.

You should have told @Duarte.
Instead you called us stupid.
Not everyone knows what you do.

Ok leaving me aside, my statement about hilarious cM number for ancient matches is still true. Unless someone could give plausible explanation that this website tool creates new method of "matching" which gives you similar number of shared centrimorgans with thousand years old samples, as for some real distant cousins (look on table few posts above).

Simply I don't understand why peopel don't notice that at once. And to be honest first I saw comments about it on Ancestry FB group. There some users started to doubt about those high values. So it isn't only me and first.

Well, searching for info about ancient DNA matches, I stumbled upon a comment (from 2014) on dna-explained by someone who reported sharing a segment as large as 10.6 cM with an ancient sample ([FONT=&quot]F999913 (Clovis Anzick-1))[/FONT] on Gedmatch, so who knows?

Ok leaving me aside, my statement about hilarious cM number for ancient matches is still true. Unless someone could give plausible explanation that this website tool creates new method of "matching" which gives you similar number of shared centrimorgans with thousand years old samples, as for some real distant cousins (look on table few posts above).

Simply I don't understand why peopel don't notice that at once. And to be honest first I saw comments about it on Ancestry FB group. So it isn't only me and first.

I value your input and contribution and I wish that you and other people who know the subject would Post more often.

Well, searching for info about ancient DNA matches, I stumbled upon a comment (from 2014) on dna-explained by someone who reported sharing a segment as large as 10.6 cM with an ancient sample (F999913 (Clovis Anzick-1)) on Gedmatch, so who knows?

Very important is if someone check using standard values in one-to-one or Ancient Matches on Gedmatch. If you lower treshold you can match with many samples but it is only for fun, not for real.
Some people could have higher matches with ancients using standard values of checking, but there are exceptions, not rule as for nearly every user using this website, and not in such high amounts (high number of cM and high number of matches, only for amusement of customers).

If you refer to me, I don't make products related to ancient genomes. So it isn't my competitor.

First thing. They use for modern population distances on 99% K15 Eurogenes.
Why K15? Simply compare your single distances (for modern populations) and population ordering on the list, in mytruancestry and K15. Selling people results from free K15 is not good practice, isn't it?

Moreover I simply can't resist if someone deliberately fools people and sell them "upgrades" which shows fake cM values for "ancient matches".

If you don't agree with me please explain how it is possible to have ancient match with few thousands years sample, with cM level equaling some close cousin:) I'm waiting for your scholar opinion...Above I posted opinion of guy more experienced than me in such things.

Hi Polako.
I recognize. I am a stupid.
Zk9OsHV.jpg

CCX0oge.jpg

But, as said Salento, your highness do not needed to offend everybody. It would suffice offend me directly :)
Nice to see that you edited your offensive post.
Congratulations by this act of nobility.
Now, enjoy, and dislike all my posts until my prestige seems China’s flag.
All red :)

Let's separate out the two major "types" of analysis offered.

One is general similarity to ancient samples.

From what I've read here and on other sites, the results are close to what could be obtained if one used G25?

Does Eurogenes charge for access to it?

I haven't paid any money for mytrueancestry, don't know what it costs. Is it extortionate for the service of running something we could run ourselves?

The second "service" is for what I assume is IBD analysis? If that's the case, looking at the results posted above, they are much too high, even if they are totals of many smaller segments.

I think the thing to do, if you've paid for the service, is write to them asking for an explanation.

Just generally speaking, Ralph and Coop were able to track segments back to 2300 BC, but they were very small.

https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.1001555

" Our simulations showed that we have good power to detect long IBD blocks (probability of detection 50% for blocks longer than 2 cM, rising to 98% for blocks longer than 4 cM), and a low false positive rate (discussed further in the Materials and Methodssection). "

Unless they have a good explanation, this is very amateur stuff, and they should quit marketing it as IBD analysis.

I don't care who MLukas is, but if he doesn't stop insulting people he's going to be out of here shortly.

Given his aggressive, boorish behavior, he could very well be Eurogenes, but it's immaterial.

I'm far from an expert on the subject material but this MLukas dude seems to have a lot invested in this topic. What are his qualifications? I'm just curious

Eurogenes charge $20 to obtain your G25
This was the charge late last year

I'm far from an expert on the subject material but this MLukas dude seems to have a lot invested in this topic. What are his qualifications? I'm just curious

Basically Angela post earlier proves what I said. And my posts are related to her second part.
I'm leaving this discussion, leaving also you with my opinions and what is quoted below. Now you can rethink a little or not. It's up to you.

And sorry if someone feels like Duarte. But I don't call him that in my post. What was edited was related to my guess who is real author of this service, but later I decided to remove it. Just it.

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/38222-Mytrueancestry-com?p=574332&viewfull=1#post574332

The second "service" is for what I assume is IBD analysis? If that's the case, looking at the results posted above, they are much too high, even if they are totals of many smaller segments.

I think the thing to do, if you've paid for the service, is write to them asking for an explanation.

Just generally speaking, Ralph and Coop were able to track segments back to 2300 BC, but they were very small.

https://journals.plos.org/plosbiolog...l.pbio.1001555

" Our simulations showed that we have good power to detect long IBD blocks (probability of detection 50% for blocks longer than 2 cM, rising to 98% for blocks longer than 4 cM), and a low false positive rate (discussed further in the Materials and Methodssection). "

Unless they have a good explanation, this is very amateur stuff, and they should quit marketing it as IBD analysis.

This thread has been viewed 1253549 times.

Back