MyTrueAncestry Mytrueancestry.com

Nothing will crash my huge Spirit :giggle:

It’s not my place to criticize whatever gives personal comfort and hope to somebody :)

Of course, of course

I speak for myself or for life, I never mean anyone in particular outside of me.

RoscoDeepDiveAncient.jpeg

My New Breakdown Deep Dive Ancient

The Deep Dive with Phoenician corresponds to the Ballytanaty a sample of the neolithic show but it seems somewhat anachronistic to me so you have to use your imagination

NeolithicIrelandBallythany.jpg

I am not actually close to any of my top 10 samples, especially R1548. There are other ancient samples I should be closer to:

iYf8riY.png

1. Hellenic Roman Monterotondo
165 AD - Genetic Distance: 6.889 - R1548
Top 99 % match vs all users
SpotRomans.png

Culture: Roman
Monterotondo is located northwest of Rome along the Via Salaria and located in an important defensive position for the city. Early evidence for habitation of the site dates back to the late Bronze Age and it has been suggested that it is heir to the Sabine town of Eretum, mentioned by Virgil in the Aeneid and other ancient writers. The individuals in the study from Monerotonodo are from Roman occupation of the site in the Imperial period.
Closest AncientClosest ModernSimiliar SamplesHaplogroups (NEW!)PCA AncientPCA ModernResearch Link

2. Hellenic Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.619 - SZ40 ?
SpotLateRoman.png

Culture: Post-Roman
Szolad, is located in present-day Hungary. There are 45 graves, all of which are dated to the middle third of the sixth century based on a combination of stylistic elements of the grave goods and radiocarbon dating (2-sigma range of 412-604 AD). Archeological, stable isotope, and mtDNA (HVS-1) analyses suggested that Szolad was occupied for only 20-30 years by a migrating group of Longobard-era settlers. The female to male ratio is 0.65.
Closest AncientClosest ModernSimiliar SamplesHaplogroups (NEW!)PCA AncientPCA ModernResearch Link

3. Medieval Villa Magna Italy
1100 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.685 - R65
SpotItalyMedieval.png

Culture: Medieval Italy
The Villa Magna was a site occupied from the beginning of the first century by at least two Roman Villas - one of which was an Imperial one of extreme prestige which was visited by future emperor Marcus Aurelius who described his two days spent there in writings to his tutor. The estate was re-occupied in the 9th Century and in the 10th it was donated by some land owners of Anagni to the monastic order. The monastery grew in influence as evidenced by the addition of a cloister, a porch, a new apse and a grand cosmatesque pavement. However in 1297 it was suppressed by Bonifacio VIII which led to the monks leaving. The site remained occupied as did its funerary use. It was then transformed into a castrum under the control of the cathedral of Anagni and local noble families and once again abandoned in 1478.

This was a 8-10 year old child buried in a coffin. The grave can be seen here.

4. Hellenic Roman Marcellino
400 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.825 - R136
SpotRomans.png

The catacombs of Santi Marcellino e Pietro (Saints Marcellinus and Peter) are located about 3 kilometers south of Rome. They consists of 4.5 km of underground tunnels spanning a large area. The burials in this study were excavated in 1958 and 1993 - over 20% of the individuals are infants and children with very few people of old age. This combined with their low values of stature suggest these people were subject to malnutrition.

5. Hellenic Roman Casale del Dolce
145 AD - Genetic Distance: 9.223 - R123
SpotRomans.png

Casale del Dolce is located southeast of Rome above a limestone formation terrace near Anagni and was occupied from the Eneolithic Period to Late Antiquity. Archaeological investigations from 1995 to 1997 identified the necropolis from where our samples date back to the Roman Imperial period. Isotopic analysis shows a relatively low amount of meat consumption at the site, with a few outlier individuals appear to be consuming high amounts of marine resources.

6. Skeleton Lake Traveller - Hellenic
1805 AD - Genetic Distance: 9.246 - I3404

7. Hellenic Roman / Cretan
580 AD - Genetic Distance: 10.26 - CL38
SpotRomans.png

Culture: Late Roman
Collegno is near Turin in northern Italy. The graveyard covers the earliest period of the Longobard kingdom in Italy and contains 57 graves dating from 580 to 630 AD. The types and range of grave goods in these 57 interments include high quality goods similiar to those found in the Longobard graveyard in Szolad, Hungary. However there is also evidence for a gradual cultural and religious evolution, with some practices disappearing in later decades. While there are no ledged graves, some are constructed via a wooden chamber structure, and there is the skeleton of a horse (missing a head).

8. Roman Imperial Palestrina
100 AD - Genetic Distance: 10.29 - R436
SpotRomansF.png

Culture: Latin
Praeneste (Palestrina), located south of Rome, was one of the largest ancient cities in Iron Age Latium. It was home to the Praenesti tribe. Praeneste was originally part of the Latin League but left to form an alliance with Rome. After Rome was sacked by the Gauls in the 4th century BC, Praeneste switched sides again and fought against Rome in the Latin Wars. After defeat by the Rome, Praeneste was incorporated into the growing Roman territory. Numerous artifacts were found showing strong trade links Praeneste had across the Mediterranean, such as a silver bowl of Carthaginian or Phoenician origin decorated with hieroglyphic characters that served as a design motif.

9. Hellenic Roman Mausoleo Augusto
500 AD - Genetic Distance: 10.55 - R34
SpotRomans.png

The Mausoleum of Augustus, in the center of Rome, was initiated by Augustus following his naval victory against Marc Antony and Cleopatra. The mausoleum was circular and consisted of concentric rings of earth and brick. The structure was covered by a conical roof and a bronze statue of Augustus himself. A corridor ran from the entryway into the heart of the mausoleum where a chamber with three niches held the golden urns enshrining the ashes of the Imperial Family. In the 10th century, the mausoleum had become buried under earth and overgrown with trees and a chapel was built on top. A fortification was added and then dismantled and the land was used as a garden and passed through the ownership of several major Roman families throughout the Renaissance. Many famous Romans were buried here including Augustus's sister and grandsons, Emperor Caligula, Emperor Tiberius, Emperor Claudius, Emperor Nerva as well as many relatives and family members. The burial ground of the Mausoleum of Augustus was partly excavated in the years 1950-51. The cemetery complex found in the area of the Mausoleum of Augustus dates from the 5th or 6th century.

10. Imperial Rome Empire Via Paisiello
100 AD - Genetic Distance: 10.84 - R114
Top 98 % match vs all users
SpotRomansF.png

In 2014-16, a necropolis was uncovered in northern Rome, near Villa Borghese which is thought to be part of the immense Necropolis Salaria of ancient times. In this excavation many pit graves have been found including tombs with niches and shaped tombs including ollae and amophorae indicating incinerations. The skeletal remains of 88 individuals were found as well as many cremations. The inhumation burials are almost entirely north-south oriented and were probably wrapped in shrouds. The burials contain older adults in relatively poor condition.

Skeleton Lake Traveller ???

I3403 (1805 AD) Y T1a2 (L131)
I3404 (1805 AD) mtDNA H12

I’m y T1a2... and mt H12a, ... and the samples are only a couple of 100s years old, ... Interesting:)

bP2WJ7z.jpg

^^I match with a few of them too.
it’s the first time that I have seen my mother’s general Haplogroup in a sample. What the heck were they doing so far away??

EDIT:

N6X2s51.jpg

... after looking at the picture above (post #3022), bet you they got caught in a avalanche that they probably caused, ... I think.

Modern Period:

all 1805 AD, all lost tourists, the top 2 samples are close to my Haplogroups.
... + their PCA,
imho they seem Italianici :)

now I know where my spirit of adventure comes from, and why there are so few y Ts around, lol

zgp5L0c.jpg

r0qJhiR.jpg

tRZMvQP.jpg

Hey Salento: Looks like I fell in that Ice hole in the Himalayas as well. How did these Italic/Hellenic folks get there? I have some close matches as well. Glad you all posted this, I haven't had much to post lately!!!

xjlMozo.jpg

Hey Salento: Looks like I fell in that Ice hole in the Himalayas as well. How did these Italic/Hellenic folks get there? I have some close matches as well. Glad you all posted this, I haven't had much to post lately!!!

xjlMozo.jpg

Nobody knows, ... maybe they were Explorers.

What happened? ... maybe the lack of oxygen at that height, a natural disaster, but knowing me they probably froze to death :petrified:

Salento: Yes that height would cause problems for pretty much all modern humans, I think I read where the Tibetans due to some ancient Denisovan admixture gave them some genetic markers to live at high altitudes.

Medieval Age

5. Girona Sant Julia de Ramis
880 AD - Genetic Distance: 9.193 - I10895
99 %
match vs all users

14. Girona Sant Julia de Ramis
1060 AD - Genetic Distance: 10.71 - I10852
99 %
match vs all users

25. Girona Sant Julia de Ramis
1060 AD - Genetic Distance: 11.65 - I10851
99 %
match vs all users

26. Medieval Villa Magna Italy
990 AD - Genetic Distance: 11.72 - R63
99 %
match vs all users

28. Late Medieval L'Esquerda Spain
1350 AD - Genetic Distance: 11.81 - T-145-2
97 %
match vs all users

30. Late Medieval Cancelleria Basilica
1485 AD - Genetic Distance: 11.94 - R1221
96 %
match vs all users

58. Girona Sant Julia de Ramis
1060 AD - Genetic Distance: 13.64 - I10853
98 %
match vs all users

62. Late Medieval Cancelleria Basilica
1429 AD - Genetic Distance: 13.84 - R1289
99 %
match vs all users

69. Late Medieval Villa Magna Italy
1355 AD - Genetic Distance: 14.06 - R55
94 %
match vs all users

80. Nazari Period Andalusia
1400 AD - Genetic Distance: 14.41 - I8145
99 %
match vs all users

Skeleton Lake Alan Outlier Worshipper

I3351 (830 AD)

mtDNA Haplogroup: M4

Y-DNA Haplogroup: Jb

Genetic Distance: 53.012
Sample Match! (New sample - try later to compare to other users)

I am from the distant lands of Alania, what an illusion. I want to be bad and terrible

And a new Deep Dive

CooperAgeAlburg-LerchenhaidStraubingBavariaI3590.jpg

Visigoth + Vascones (2.999)
Vascones + Gallo-Roman (3.92)
Visigoth + Latin (4.698)
Visigoth + Iberian (5.093)
Vascones + Latin (5.212)
Visigoth (5.28)
Vascones (6.39)
Iberian (7.048)
Gallo-Roman (7.336)
Latin (7.727)

my latest ancient matches

12. Copper Age Szigetszentmiklos Hungary
2350 BC - Genetic Distance: 10.16 - I7043

35. Proto Thracian/Illyrian Vucedol
2775 BC - Genetic Distance: 14.31 - I3499

36. Illyrian / Dalmatian
1600 BC - Genetic Distance: 14.39 - I4332

42. Illyrian / Dalmatian
1600 BC - Genetic Distance: 15.0 - I4331

87. [Hidden] - upgrade to Zeus 17.58 - I4885

Modern Period:

all 1805 AD, all lost tourists, the top 2 samples are close to my Haplogroups.
... + their PCA,
imho they seem Italianici :)

now I know where my spirit of adventure comes from, and why there are so few y Ts around, lol

zgp5L0c.jpg

r0qJhiR.jpg

tRZMvQP.jpg

Salento: Some Palermo Trapani's left for the Himalayas I guess before leaving for the USA in late 19th century. I3404 just loaded as a Deep Dive match at Mytrueancestry. Is there a published paper on these Hellenic samples (also genetic affinity with modern Italians and those us of us living outside of modern Italy who consider ourselves part of the Italian diaspora).

cJA5pYM.jpg

I get a deep dive match with I3404 too,

according to NatGeo his mtDNA was found only in 0.1% of their participants :)

I saw an ad for ‘Secret in the Ice’ with the image of the lake, stay tuned, one of, these Thursdays Science Channel at 10 pm eastern :)

G2ugDnj.jpg

25rsA36.jpg

Some shared Genetic Affinity with I3404 ...
dY1Dy3i.jpg

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6702210/

I get a deep dive match with I3404 too,

according to NatGeo his mtDNA was found only in 0.1% of their participants :)

I saw an ad for ‘Secret in the Ice’ with the image of the lake, stay tuned, one of, these Thursdays Science Channel at 10 pm eastern :)

G2ugDnj.jpg

25rsA36.jpg

Some shared Genetic Affinity with I3404 and others, I guess ...
dY1Dy3i.jpg

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6702210/

Very cool dear friend Salento.
I find it very interesting how the results of autosomal DNA can demonstrate so much genetic affinity between people who do not know each other personally and are not close relatives. I think very cool the ethnic similarity I have with Carlos and I also think very cool the ethnic similarity between you and Jovialis and PTrapani . Very cool also the ethinic similarity between Angela and Suvannè.

Very cool dear friend Salento.
I find it very interesting how the results of autosomal DNA can demonstrate so much genetic affinity between people who do not know each other personally and are not close relatives. I think very cool the ethnic similarity I have with Carlos and I also think very cool the ethnic similarity between you and Jovialis and PTrapani . Very cool also the ethinic similarity between Angela and Suvannè.

besides sharing genetic affinities with each other, the most impressive fact is that we also share genetic affinity with many of the same Ancients :)

besides sharing genetic affinities with each other, the most impressive fact is that we also share genetic affinity with many of the same Ancients :)

Salento: that is really neat, you share a similar/same mtdna Haplogroup with I3404! Give me a heads up when you hear when the Science show is coming on, I definitely want to check it out.

Duarte: I have always enjoyed you and Carlos's post and have noticed you two share genetic affinities. I agree it is quite interesting that Salento, Jovialis, and I share not only genetic affinities but also as Salento noted, we all share genetic affinity with many of the same Ancient DNA samples. As you also noted, Angela and Stuvane share genetic affinities as well.

It for the facts noted above that this site has really proved to me a great resource to meet people and discuss, but also as another Tool so to speak to corroborate DNA results in terms of genetic affinity with modern populations, Ancients, etc, etc. BTW, that was one impressive Comprehensive summary of your MyTrueancestry results. Kudos and well done.

Cheers, PT

Last edited:
Salento: that is really neat, you share a similar/same mtdna Haplogroup with I4304! Give me a heads up when you hear when the Science show is coming on, I definitely want to check it out.

Duarte: I have always enjoyed you and Carlos's post and have noticed you two share genetic affinities. I agree it is quite interesting that Salento, Jovialis, and I share not only genetic affinities but also as Salento noted, we all share genetic affinity with many of the same Ancient DNA samples. As you also noted, Angela and Stuvane share genetic affinities as well.

It for the facts noted above that this site has really proved to me a great resource to meet people and discuss, but also as another Tool so to speak to corroborate DNA results in terms of genetic affinity with modern populations, Ancients, etc, etc. BTW, that was one impressive Comprehensive summary of your MyTrueancestry results. Kudos and well done.

Cheers, PT

Cheers PT (y):)

This thread has been viewed 1259926 times.

Back