MyTrueAncestry Mytrueancestry.com

game over

... if you don't get the credit you deserve, ... delete the thread.

Some updates here.
The most intriguing is the Bronze Age Tepe Hissar I2514 in the Asia map.

(Although part of the report is currently incorrect, mixing information with information from a medieval Iberian sample.
The location of Tepe Hissar itself on the map is also a bit rough (as far as I know, the location is immediately southeast of the Caspian Sea in northeastern Iran)

162688077_10226932701282913_133792883792244786_o.jpg

Last edited:
My genetic ethnicity : Tuscan
View attachment 12685

Im more than 80% ancient Roman ..i suppose, the illyrian snips are probably a pre-historic ancient genetic match; in fact those illyrians are more similari to the South West of Europe than to current populations in the ballkans

The fascinating snips of Minoans are either linked to the fact that at the etruscan time in my region there were lots of trade with them.. Or a link to the colonization of Magna Graecia in South Italy

And the Phoenicians are sure linked to their trade and colonies in costal South Italy

I got no etruscans, as it seems they were genetically strong South West european

Hello, what is the data of the Serbs who sent their raw data to MyTrueAncestry?

my top 3 ...............number 3 is a new one

1. Protovillanovia Martinsicuro
930 BC - Genetic Distance: 5.076 - R1
Top 100 % match vs all users

2. Gallo-Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 7.332 - SZ28 ?
Top 99 % match vs all users

3. Ancient Middle Helladic Elati-Logkas Greece
1861 BC - Genetic Distance: 8.038 - Log04_wgs_trim5bp

my oldest matches

14. Copper Age Szigetszentmiklos Hungary
2350 BC - Genetic Distance: 10.16 - I7043

44. Proto Thracian/Illyrian Vucedol
2775 BC - Genetic Distance: 14.31 - I3499
Top 98 % match vs all users

53. Copper Age Augsburg Bavaria
2250 BC - Genetic Distance: 14.9 - I5017
Top 95 % match vs all users

my father top 3

1. Early Bronze Age Mokrin Necropolis Serbia
1950 BC - Genetic Distance: 7.095 - MOK10

2. Cisalpine Gaul
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.072 - SZ45
Top 97 % match vs all users

3. Protovillanovia Martinsicuro
930 BC - Genetic Distance: 8.192 - R1

my 1st cousin from Cles-trentino top 3 ..................she is from my paternal Gfather sister line

930 BC - Genetic Distance: 3.445 - R1
Top 100 % match vs all users

2. Central Roman
630 AD - Genetic Distance: 5.549 - CL36 ?

3. Central Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 6.369 - SZ43

Broion BR003. New sample available on MTA

0XnUuVC.jpg

ZA3AcJH.jpg

5I3IvA0.jpg

Duarte: Nice results (post #3549) with the Broion samples. I know you got some good distances with some of the Northern Italian Clustered samples in Antonio et al 2019 as well. So some consistent results across the two different samples used in the Antonio et al 2019 and Saupe et al 2021 papers.

Duarte: Nice results (post #3549) with the Broion samples. I know you got some good distances with some of the Northern Italian Clustered samples in Antonio et al 2019 as well. So some consistent results across the two different samples used in the Antonio et al 2019 and Saupe et al 2021 papers.

Hello Trapani.

Yes. I take many matches that go back to BA in these region of Europe (Northeast Italy, Hungary, Czechia, Northwest Serbia, Dalmatia). Once again, IMO, MTA slips on old samples labeling. Heneti (Veneti) ???

The Veneti are much later culture.

Hello Trapani.

Yes. I take many matches that go back to BA in these region of Europe (Northeast Italy, Hungary, Czechia, Northwest Serbia, Dalmatia). Once again, IMO, MTA slips on old samples labeling. Heneti (Veneti) ???

Yes, they do get sloppy with there archeological labeling. Still a big fan of the product.

Yes, they do get sloppy with there archeological labeling. Still a big fan of the product.

I am a big fan too. :)
Stil loving the graphics and the and the usual readiness to follow new studies and collect sample data to make available to users of the application.

Hello Trapani.

Heneti/Veneti they refer to are the Eneti a Palaic people from north-west Asia minor ( anatolia ) who have been linked with the Veneti of Italy and the Istrians ( histrians )

The country of Pala can be located in the Black Sea region. There are two possibilities where Pala may have laid in this region. The first possibility is the country known as Paphlagonia in classical antiquity. The second possibility is the territory which was called Blaene in antiquity. Both equations are based on phonetic similarity. A country named *Bla leading to Blaene in cuneiform script only could have been written as pa-la-a.[4]
[h=2]History[/h]In the Old Hittite period Pala was mentioned as an administrative area under Hittite jurisdiction in the Hittite laws.[5] At the end of the Old Hittite period, contact between the Hittites and Pala ceased because of the Kaskian capture of the Black Sea region.[6] It is likely that the Palaic peoples disappeared with the Kaskian invasion.[7]

Heneti/Veneti they refer to are the Eneti a Palaic people from north-west Asia minor ( anatolia ) who have been linked with the Veneti of Italy and the Istrians ( histrians )

The country of Pala can be located in the Black Sea region. There are two possibilities where Pala may have laid in this region. The first possibility is the country known as Paphlagonia in classical antiquity. The second possibility is the territory which was called Blaene in antiquity. Both equations are based on phonetic similarity. A country named *Bla leading to Blaene in cuneiform script only could have been written as pa-la-a.[4]
History

In the Old Hittite period Pala was mentioned as an administrative area under Hittite jurisdiction in the Hittite laws.[5] At the end of the Old Hittite period, contact between the Hittites and Pala ceased because of the Kaskian capture of the Black Sea region.[6] It is likely that the Palaic peoples disappeared with the Kaskian invasion.[7]

Thanks by the explanations Torzio.

Thanks by the explanations Torzio.

np

I have no links with these new Heneti on the site ................guess my line was already in Europe before these people came in the late bronze-age

np

I have no links with these new Heneti on the site ................guess my line was already in Europe before these people came in the late bronze-age

Thanks again Torzio
I was directed by MTA that put the pic below in the explanations about the Heneti in the app. The pic that they put was taked from this topic published in Wikipedia that talks about the Heneti.

kfGxNtj.jpg

Wiki:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriatic_Veneti

Thanks again Torzio
I was directed by MTA that put the pic below in the explanations about the Heneti in the app. The pic that they put was taked from this topic published in Wikipedia that talks about the Heneti.

kfGxNtj.jpg

Wiki:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adriatic_Veneti

Where did you see this in MTA .....i upgraded an hour ago and I still see nothing on these in any of my 3 samples

this is the only new one I got

37. Early Medieval Germany Straubing-Bajuwarenstrasse
520 AD - Genetic Distance: 11.62 - STR310
Top 96 % match vs all users

apart from the 4 x Hellenic ones yesterday

Where did you see this in MTA .....i upgraded an hour ago and I still see nothing on these in any of my 3 samples

this is the only new one I got

37. Early Medieval Germany Straubing-Bajuwarenstrasse
520 AD - Genetic Distance: 11.62 - STR310
Top 96 % match vs all users

apart from the 4 x Hellenic ones yesterday

In my case I fellow these steps: Firs, I select the ‘i’ (information), that is the blue button available at the end of the sample discription. After, I select the tab ‘Closest Ancient’. In the sequence I cick in the term (Heneti), that appear soon after the artistic pic of the Heneti warriors, and the Italy’s Iron Age map is displayed. I see the same map in English Wikipedia and Italian Wikipedia searching by the term ‘Veneti’.

It’s my 57 matching sample

57. Heneti Italic Tribe Grottuna dei Covoloni del Broion Italy
1452 BC - Genetic Distance: 12.87 - BRC003
Top match vs all users

These ancient sample is more closest to modern Iberians, according MTA.

In my case I fellow these steps: Firs, I select the ‘i’ (information), that is the blue button available at the end of the sample discription. After, I select the tab ‘Closest Ancient’. In the sequence I cick in the term (Heneti), that appear soon after the artistic pic of the Heneti warriors, and the Italy’s Iron Age map is displayed. I see the same map in English Wikipedia and Italian Wikipedia searching by the term ‘Veneti’.

It’s my 57 matching sample

57. Heneti Italic Tribe Grottuna dei Covoloni del Broion Italy
1452 BC - Genetic Distance: 12.87 - BRC003
Top match vs all users

These ancient sample is more closest to modern Iberians, according MTA.

does not appear for me ...and I reloaded by data from scracth

Wiki Veneti map .............is a linguistic map IIRC.......the Veneti and the Liburnians speak the same language .......that's what they say

I've seen around various groups that even to other current people from Veneto such Heneti samples don't always appear in their deep-dive (indeed, as Duarte pointed out they are close to Iberians, so they are more likely to appear to Western and/or Northern Europeans). Perhaps because they were very rich in EEF and WHG than modern north-eastern Italians.

I don't have them in my matches nor in the deep dive set. Currently my deep dive with whom I share the most segments is the Helladic Log04

188833090_517990869563302_3673626895617431296_n.png

i reloaded my data .........and now have my 23andme v3 and my ftdna bigy included ......................top 4 results from each is below

23andme

930 BC - Genetic Distance: 5.076 - R1

2. Gallo-Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 7.332 - SZ28 ?

1861 BC - Genetic Distance: 8.038 - Log04_wgs_trim5bp

4. Ancient Middle Helladic Elati-Logkas Greece
1861 BC - Genetic Distance: 8.334 - Log04_wgs

ftdna

930 BC - Genetic Distance: 4.903 - R1

2. Gallo-Roman
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 7.192 - SZ28 ?

1861 BC - Genetic Distance: 8.334 - Log04_wgs_trim5bp

4. Roman Outlier Lombard Grave
590 AD - Genetic Distance: 8.565 - SZ37

This thread has been viewed 1259952 times.

Back