I do not understand this result

Arabian

Reaction score
Hi,

I
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]did an autosomal test on MyHeritage 4 months ago (I got the results with 4 months late actually)[/COLOR]​
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Just by curiosity, because j
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]ust out of curiosity because my brother have already done a paternal and maternal lineage test on Igenea (and I have the results on FamilyTree DNA).
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I was born in the south of Algeria in an Arab tribal environment (I belong to a tribe that comes from Arabia).

-
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]My results were: Y-haplogroup J1C3d (M267)

MtDna : R0a

[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]What I know is that my great grandparents were getting married in the same tribe.[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]Besides, my grandfather and my grandmother are from the same tribe ... In short, I should have at least 50% Middle East but I had only 10% (less than another person I know and whose[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)] [/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]maternal line is not of Arab origin).

My results was :

75% North Africa (??)

12% Europ

10,7% Middle East

2,2% Nigerian

I have the feeling that Myheritage is bullshit... Not because I'm desapointed but this is the Truth. What do you thing about this?
[/COLOR]​
[SUB]
[/SUB]
[/COLOR]​
[/COLOR]​
[/COLOR]​

Hi,

I did an autosomal test on MyHeritage 4 months ago (I got the results with 4 months late actually)Just by curiosity, because just out of curiosity because my brother have already done a paternal and maternal lineage test on Igenea (and I have the results on FamilyTree DNA).
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I was born in the south of Algeria in an Arab tribal environment (I belong to a tribe that comes from Arabia).

- My results were: Y-haplogroup J1C3d (M267)

MtDna : R0a

What I know is that my great grandparents were getting married in the same tribe.Besides, my grandfather and my grandmother are from the same tribe ... In short, I should have at least 50% Middle East but I had only 10% (less than another person I know and whose maternal line is not of Arab origin).

My results was :

75% North Africa (??)

12% Europ

10,7% Middle East

2,2% Nigerian

I have the feeling that Myheritage is bullshit... Not because I'm desapointed but this is the Truth. What do you thing about this?

How well do you know your family history? If your ancestors came from Yemen like many of the Arab tribes in North Africa, Arabian peninsula ancestry will be severely underestimated. Arabs from Yemen score around 20-30% North African in these tests due to shared Mesolithic ancestry.

This thread has been viewed 4587 times.

Back