Why so much interest among Spaniards on blondism/Scandinavia?

Farstar

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Catalan
I am surprised about the amount of posts on Spain and blondism / Scandinavia / Northern Europe. Am I missing something? Has anything happened that induces this interest?

It seems obvious to me that the Iberian peninsula is populated by Mediterraneans. For sure, some of them are blonde, especially when children.

But I do not see any rational argument to highlight these issues.

I am surprised about the amount of posts on Spain and blondism / Scandinavia / Northern Europe. Am I missing something? Has anything happened that induces this interest?

It seems obvious to me that the Iberian peninsula is populated by Mediterraneans. For sure, some of them are blonde, especially when children.

I think it is plain and simply an inferiority complex. A result of living in a world where hollywood depictions have even made Achilleus blonde.

I think it is plain and simply an inferiority complex. A result of living in a world where hollywood depictions have even made Achilleus blonde.

Well I think you'd have to blame the ancient Greeks themselves for describing him like that!

Hi Farstar,
I agree with you. I also do not see any rational argument to highlight these issues.
I wish you have a nice day :)

Maybe it is due to some inferiority complex, though I don't think it explains it all. I think it has to due with the fact that blonde hair and light eyes are much more distinguishable than some other characteristics (it's uniqueness).
Still, it is all so ridiculous, I never got why people in my own country have such a fascination with blonde hair and light eyes.

I think the question is malicious in the beginning, predisposing the ground to negative answers, but in any case I will answer it to see if I can get out of this terrible doubt that apparently the complainant is so worried about.

I think there is a lot of talk today, but the really interesting thing is to show things reach a conclusion by questionable or inversomil that is in a reciprocal attitude of experience in the beat of the intrinsic moments of being getting a perfect harmony on what is he wants to learn and knowledge that offers us new perspectives to face the events that lead us to the real evolution at the height of the perishable illusion.

That is the real reason there must not be another, nor look for hidden, suspicious or negative reasons.

Everything is in the eyes of the beholder.

lol

Well I think you'd have to blame the ancient Greeks themselves for describing him like that!
I hadn't noticed he was actually blonde in the Illiad. I just supposed he looked like most greeks.
But still the arguments holds, a lot of southern and eastern figures have been whitewashed by hollywood and there is no way around that.

But even if blonde, at least they could pick another actor than Brad Pitt, as i don't think there were any ancient greeks with such mongoloid features as him.

Maybe it is due to some inferiority complex, though I don't think it explains it all. I think it has to due with the fact that blonde hair and light eyes are much more distinguishable than some other characteristics (it's uniqueness).
Still, it is all so ridiculous, I never got why people in my own country have such a fascination with blonde hair and light eyes.
Sometimes it is inferiority complex. Other times its just in some peoples nature to crave for the rare. In countries wiht lots of blondes, people crave foreigners with darker features, simply because there are less of them available. While countries with less blondes tend to craves blondes more.
Probably some natural hormonal thing, natures way of stopping inbreeding.

I think it's fair enough to be interested in the origin and spread of traits that are exceptional in a population. People are naturally curious about things that are rarer in their population, how they came to be so out of the ordinary. But, yes, some of that interest comes from people who deep down long too much (and in absolutely deluded and unnecessary ways) to have some North European/Aryan/Nordic ancestry. The more "European", the better (and since blonde hair and blue eyes are mostly found in Europe in frequencies unheard of almost anywhere else, they become a sort of prize of "Europeanness" for some people). I have heard many such comments from white Brazilians, especially those descended from Germans, North Italians and Slavs, in which sometimes you notice they are not just talking about their ancestry, but bringing it to the discussion needlessly and bragging about how they are blonde or have light eyes because "you know, I'm of German descent". Of course these days those people are just a small minority, but I won't pretend they don't exist.

Do you need a Rational argument to prefer the taste of Odilon Redon painting over Picasso? People like what they want, i'm not sure to understand your rationality point.

^^
Exactly. I have given you a positive point for your practical and free mentality.

Inferiority complex?? To whom?? I know that this is the kind of non-response that people give "inferiority complex" because they want to feel better thinking that it is inferiority complex. No Spaniard has inferiority complex with nobody. Totally contrary, we consider ourshelves the best ones in the world (best country in Europe, most powerful Empire during the last 500 years: ruling the world for 300 years; and many other considerations that will took so long). If we were romanians, or bulgarians it would be an inferiority complex, but we Spain?? LOL. And who is writting this is another "viking" Spaniard.

Inferiority complex?? To whom?? I know that this is the kind of non-response that people give "inferiority complex" because they want to feel better thinking that it is inferiority complex. No Spaniard has inferiority complex with nobody. Totally contrary, we consider ourshelves the best ones in the world (best country in Europe, most powerful Empire during the last 500 years: ruling the world for 300 years; and many other considerations that will took so long). If we were romanians, or bulgarians it would be an inferiority complex, but we Spain?? LOL. And who is writting this is another "viking" Spaniard.

What's the problem with Romanians and Bulgarians? Please illuminate us.

This thread has been viewed 7847 times.

Back