What nationality are these people?

Angela, good calls for 3, 5, 7 (but only one of them… the other one is wayyyy off lol) and 8. Bravo :) Because indeed, they are quite tough.
td120, indeed, 6 is quite surprising - who would have guessed?
I'll wait till tomorrow before revealing these charming people's respective ancestries and names… This is fun!

Angela, good calls for 3, 5, 7 (but only one of them… the other one is wayyyy off lol) and 8. Bravo :) Because indeed, they are quite tough.
td120, indeed, 6 is quite surprising - who would have guessed?
I'll wait till tomorrow before revealing these charming people's respective ancestries and names… This is fun!

Ah...I wondered about number 7. I almost said they were both British. Or maybe he's a very EEF looking Brit and they're both Italian. :)

I'm surprised number 1 isn't either English or Irish, and not just because of the clothes.

I thought he looked like him:
themanfromuncle.jpg

If not, then maybe a Frenchman with an uncharacteristically bad taste in clothes. :)

Ah...I wondered about number 7. I almost said they were both British. Or maybe he's a very EEF looking Brit and they're both Italian. :)

Ah! They're my paternal grandparents, both from the Napoli district :) If we want to nitpick, he wasn't born in Italy (she was), but the pedigree is full Campanian.

I'm surprised number 1 isn't either English or Irish, and not just because of the clothes.

Lol, please don't hate the clothes, the pic was taken in the 70's. It's my maternal uncle, French.
I always thought or heard that he looked Mediterranean, but one thing I've learnt from perusing this forum is that it's not the hair colour or skin tone that matter but the features, so I understand now why he may pass as British.

Now, on to the others:

1/ Scottish actor of Irish descent Gerard Butler (for those who didn't recognize him)

3/ French actor Gérard Lanvin in his youth. Born near Paris, from a Parisian family.

4/ François Duval - French actor from the 80's. I wasn't able to find out from which area of France he comes from. Mostly known for his role in the excellent French series La Chambre des Dames, based on a novel by the same name (unfortunately, the series is only available in French with no subtitles). The pic is a still from the series, which is set in Medieval France. I understand the Russian vibe!

5/ French actress Véronique Jannot in her youth. She was born in Haute-Savoie.

6/ French actress Marlène Jobert, mother of actress Eva Green. Her father is French (the Jobert surname is most common in North-Eastern France), her mother is Sefardi Jewish, from Algeria. I guess she takes after her father.

8/ French sculptor or Italian descent Paul Belmondo, father of actor Jean-Paul Belmondo. Paul's father was from Piedmont, his mother from Sicily. His maternal gm was famous Napolitan dancer Francesca Cerrito (thanks, Wikipedia).

Et voilà!

Ah! They're my paternal grandparents, both from the Napoli district :) If we want to nitpick, he wasn't born in Italy (she was), but the pedigree is full Campanian.

Lol, please don't hate the clothes, the pic was taken in the 70's. It's my maternal uncle, French.
I always thought or heard that he looked Mediterranean, but one thing I've learnt from perusing this forum is that it's not the hair colour or skin tone that matter but the features, so I understand now why he may pass as British.

Now, on to the others:

1/ Scottish actor of Irish descent Gerard Butler (for those who didn't recognize him)

3/ French actor Gérard Lanvin in his youth. Born near Paris, from a Parisian family.

4/ François Duval - French actor from the 80's. I wasn't able to find out from which area of France he comes from. Mostly known for his role in the excellent French series La Chambre des Dames, based on a novel by the same name (unfortunately, the series is only available in French with no subtitles). The pic is a still from the series, which is set in Medieval France. I understand the Russian vibe!

5/ French actress Véronique Jannot in her youth. She was born in Haute-Savoie.

6/ French actress Marlène Jobert, mother of actress Eva Green. Her father is French (the Jobert surname is most common in North-Eastern France), her mother is Sefardi Jewish, from Algeria. I guess she takes after her father.

8/ French sculptor or Italian descent Paul Belmondo, father of actor Jean-Paul Belmondo. Paul's father was from Piedmont, his mother from Sicily. His maternal gm was famous Napolitan dancer Francesca Cerrito (thanks, Wikipedia).

Et voilà!

3.5 out of seven. (I won't count Butler; I would have guessed him anyway).

I'm slipping. :)

Yeah, I would never have gotten number four. He just looks Russian to me.

Nureyev
rudy-portrait.jpg

Number six was really hard as well. I knew she was northwest European, but I thought more north of France.

One reason I knew number 8 was Italian?
Rosanno Brazzi
fe1485b379552e3f93ace538b07417dd--rossano-brazzi-composers.jpg

Gosh, my mom loved him. I did too. I watched all his old movies on television, although my favorite is "Summertime". That's when I fell in love with Venice.

Those kind of resemblances can lead you astray though. I do think your uncle looks like Robert Vaughn. :) ( I apologize for the comment about the clothes.)

Now I just looked him up and his mother's name was Claudel, a surname most common in France!

Those were very good, Tardis. Lots of diversity in France, as in Italy.

Greek. Very handsome.

Could be Italian as well, but I'll go with Greek.

Partially right, Angela. Greek/Italian/English/Irish/French/German mutt. My son :). The English/Irish/French/German part come from my father in law's side.:LOL: The hair from my mother in law's side (Italian).

Partially right, Angela. Greek/Italian/English/Irish/French/German mutt. My son :). The English/Irish/French/German part come from my father in law's side.:LOL: The hair from my mother in law's side (Italian).

Well, since he's three-quarters Greek/Italian (50% Greek) I'm putting that in my correct guesses score. :)

Which ancestry gave him the beautiful Antinous nose?

The hair, of course, is gorgeous! :)

He must have to beat the girls off with a baseball bat.

Well, since he's three-quarters Greek/Italian (50% Greek) I'm putting that in my correct guesses score. :)

Which ancestry gave him the beautiful Antinous nose?

The hair, of course, is gorgeous! :)

He must have to beat the girls off with a baseball bat.

The nose probably from the Italian side also.

His hair changed between curly and straight a few times and so did the color. I will put together a collage of the many changes.

He does OK with the girls although he is a one woman man, unlike his father who played the field at his age ;).

The stages of a one's hair:
https://imgur.com/mFKtT7i
https://imgur.com/Ii9iNck
https://imgur.com/5EcdS3l
https://imgur.com/Nn6QYuK
https://imgur.com/q6Wdiei

He just could not decide whether he wanted to be blond, brown or red haired or curly, wavy or straight.

His hair was always great: thick and with lots of body. My husband and son have hair like that.

My son also went through hair color changes. He was born with a thick head of black hair. My husband was overjoyed. :) Then, without it ever falling out it turned blonde and stayed like that until he was in his late teens. Then it turned sort of a medium brown.

I think that hair color changes are more common than people think.

His hair was already starting to turn lighter.

Then he stayed blonde for a long time before turning light brown.

Of course, it was my girl who wound up with the fine, thin, straight hair. He also wound up with a version of the Antinous nose. :)

It also turned brown, much to her displeasure, so now she highlights it.

Last edited:
My daughter never went through as many of the color and curliness changes that my son went through. She had blond curly hair and then reddish brown curly hair, with a lighter streak in the middle. Both kids have nice thick hair courtesy of their Italian great grandfather.

A typical uber mountain Albanian type and also South Slav from the Dinaric Alps.

I don't see it. Maybe a Serb from Ljubljana Slovenia.

Why? You think he's too light for being Albanian?

I have lived among Arvanites for a long time. I know what Albanians look like.

What is this young man's nationality?
search
110640.jpg

a49b59d5a5b110c0500733d4fca47cfc--angel-falls--movie.jpg

What is this young man's nationality?
search
110640.jpg

a49b59d5a5b110c0500733d4fca47cfc--angel-falls--movie.jpg
Rectangular face, square chin and slightly outgoing, light skin but not as clear as a Scandinavian, lightly encapsulated blue-colored eyes, dark tone, tending to green according to the intensity of light, medium blond hair, straight nose. European center: North-Italian, French, West German or Bavarian, Swiss, Austrian or Spanish from Northeast.

This thread has been viewed 34407 times.

Back