6 Irish

1. Irish
2. Tricky...Eastern European?
3. German
4. Swiss
5. German
6. Italian

I won't reveal until we have some more.

One person got one right. Two are sort of right.

Irish or something quirky like a Finn/Udmurt,

Ukrainian (broadly something NW of Black Sea though perhaps even edging towards f.e. Southern Poland),

Czechoslovak,

Western British Isles/French/N. Spanish (very hard to tell, she’s just a good-looking brunette),

English,

Northern Italian (this one could fit in so many places along a belt from most of France and the Alpine areas of Central Europe and across Southern Eastern Europe including Southern Russia)

Irish or something quirky like a Finn/Udmurt, Ukrainian (broadly something NW of Black Sea though perhaps even edging towards f.e. Southern Poland), Czechoslovak, Western British Isles/French/N. Spanish (very hard to tell, she’s just a good-looking brunette), English, Northern Italian (this one could fit in so many places along a belt from most of France and the Alpine areas of Central Europe and across Southern Eastern Europe including Southern Russia)

Sorry, can't tell who is who, and you only have five? Could you number them?

1.Scando-Brit
2.French
3.Spanish
4.Italian
5.Czech;Slovak(something very German there too)
6.Italian

1 Netherlands (Ireland)

2 Romania (Yugoslavia)

3 Greece (Bulgaria-Turkey)

4 Italy

5 Germany (Poland -Czeck)

6 Some West Europe

1. Belgian/Dutch
2. Spanish
3. British
4. Swiss/French
5. German
6. Italian

1 France
2 Ireland
3 Belgium
4 Slovakia
5 Spain
6 Greece

Anyone else want to give it a try? One person got three correct if I allow approximately correct answers. :)

1. Irish
2. French
3. Slovenian
4. Scottish
5. Dutch
6. English

1. Irish
2. French
3. Slovenian
4. Scottish
5. Dutch
6. English

I'll give you three. :)

Carlos: 1

Nik: 1

Yetos: 1

td120: 1

ToBe: 2

Davef: 1

Paul: 3 if I'm generous :)

Hrvat: 0

Joey: 0

I didn't think it would be this hard. Only 1 is a joke/trick.

I'll wait a while to see if there are any more guesses and then I'll reveal.

1. Irish;
2. Spaniard;
3. Italian;
4. English;
5. German;
6. French
:)

Ok, I'll reveal:

1,2, and 3 are Welsh. If you listed one of the Celtic fringe countries I think you can count that as a win. Two and three are from a Welsh tv series I watched two weeks ago through amazon/acorn called "Keeping Faith". It's quite good, well acted and well plotted. Another one is called "Hidden". Honestly, it was well done, but so damn gloomy and depressing: weather, lighting, people, situations. I'm susceptible to being influenced by what I see, so it was a bad decision.

Lowry Palfrey:
DV7zgFtWAAA5VIS.jpg

Bradley Freegard and Eva Miles, who played the lead in bleached blonde hair.
CtyPH3dWcAA7DaC.jpg

I haven't seen their 23andme results, but it's a completely Welsh production, and they were born in little Welsh towns.

4 and 6 are both Irish actresses from an Irish police procedural also on acorn. Not "as" depressing as "Hidden" above, but pretty "dark". I do get why so many people said Italian for number four. I thought she might be as well. In fact, she looks like me. :) However, I looked her up and she is indeed of Irish descent.

Natalie Radmall Quirke:
45bd1c_b71aca3113144d70bca545070d1ff58f~mv2.png_srz_380_510_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

Maria Kennedy Doyle:
maria-doyle-kennedy-orphan-black-presentation-at-paleyfest-la-in-los-angeles-3-23-2017-5.jpg

She's also a folk singer, with quite a discography, and played Catherine of Aragon in the Tudors. Decent accent work, I think. Of course, the real Catherine had reddish hair, which I think is difficult for Anglos to visualize. :)

People from Britain got more of these right because they're familiar with the phenotypes in Britain.

Number 5 was the "tricky" one. She's my father's cousin, so Emilian from the Appennines. :)

This one must be an American mix

Edit: Just saw the results

No, as I said, as Irish as they come. The British Isles members got it; they recognized the phenotypes.

Younger:
Maria-Doyle.jpg

This thread has been viewed 34284 times.

Back