Positive for CTS8489 but Negative for CTS8862

I do not get what you get
even though I have done the 500 and 700 tests , it's still shows I need to test for cts1848....even though both 500 and 700 in individual snp tests for me says negative for cts1848.....there might be a glitch in the tree for me somewhere
even yfull and sequence says I am negative for cts1848
FTDNA total y T tree:
.. I tested a few SNPs Z19945 included at Yseq, (you suggested that to me as an option :)

RTWnZaJ.png

Last edited:
Salento,

What catches my attention when I compare our two FTDNA haplotrees :

* I am positive and you are "presumed positive" for CTS10803

* We are both "presumed positive" for Z19939

* I am "presumed negative" and you show "downstream" for Z19945

* I show "downstream" for Z19936 when clicking on "CTS8489 more".....and you?

Salento,

What catches my attention when I compare our two FTDNA haplotrees :

* I am positive and you are "presumed positive" for CTS10803

* We are both "presumed positive" for Z19939

* I am "presumed negative" and you show "downstream" for Z19945

* I show "downstream" for Z19936 when clicking on "CTS8489 more".....and you?

* (New Discoveries) Some of my SNPs are only Presumed Positive because they weren't part of the tree when I bought the various tests (recent discoveries added)

* I tested for Z19945 (Positive) with YSEQ, (Different Company)

I tested for CTS1848 with FTDNA and YSEQ (Both companies found me negative for it).

* I’m presumed Positive for Z19936 and all the other SNPs part of CTS8489.

a8e4d576daf8cd9dc17dd39ba27d44da.jpg

I've never quite known what to do with a "downstream".

no, FTDNA url main site, and I go to the Y DNA Haplotree,
I get there by clicking the “Haplotree & SNPs” tab located under the Y-DNA Section in the Main Page.

(I did a few Y tests with FTDNA, so I Have access to it)

this below is a part of our updated branch by FTDNA:

d5c76e31d92b923d191c698585f5b362.jpg

757e7ee7344e23dbae8c23c7509669fa.jpg

I get what you have now, i still get a cts1848 as a need to be tested, yet same 500 and 700 snp tests show me as negarive for cts1848...i need to get gareth to get this fixed

I've never quite known what to do with a "downstream".

Before I could click on it and buy those I wanted, but not anymore,
now they want a new sample of saliva, and to buy one of the expensive tests (again).

That's why I tested last downstream with Yseq.

Thanks, torzio.

Iirc...his stated, his family where cannon makers for the spanish netherlands armies and his family was originally from gorizia italy

Neither FTDNA nor Yseq provide Z19936 to be tested.

Iirc...his stated, his family where cannon makers for the spanish netherlands armies and his family was originally from gorizia italy

Thanks for the info, torzio.

http://www.exulanten.com/franks.html

By legend, the Franks claimed that their people were descended from the ancient Sicambri and Trojans. An anonymous work of 727 called 'Liber Historiae Francorum' states that following the fall of Troy, 12,000 Trojans led by chiefs Priam and Antenor moved to the Tanais (Don) river, settled in Pannonia near the Sea of Azov and founded a city called "Sicambria", and then two generations later arrived at the Rhine in the late fourth century. An even earlier variation of this story states that an early king named Francio was the namesake of the Franks.

Last edited:
http://www.exulanten.com/franks.html
By legend, the Franks claimed that their people were descended from the ancient Sicambri and Trojans. An anonymous work of 727 called 'Liber Historiae Francorum' states that following the fall of Troy, 12,000 Trojans led by chiefs Priam and Antenor moved to the Tanais (Don) river, settled in Pannonia near the Sea of Azov and founded a city called "Sicambria", and then two generations later arrived at the Rhine in the late fourth century. An even earlier variation of this story states that an early king named Francio was the namesake of the Franks.

Tanais is Tana under the venetians and is now called Azov

Question :)

If somebody buys a FTDNA STRs upgrade: Y-111 or Y-700, do they also test for new SNPs (markers) ???

and if they do, do they charge extra for + or - results, or is it all included ???

(Previously bought: y-67, ...SNPs pacK, and single SNPs testing)

If somebody buys a FTDNA STRs upgrade: Y-111 or Y-700, do they also test for new SNPs (markers) ???
and if they do, do they charge extra for + or - results, or is it all included ???
The issue is that they test a lot but do not show you the tested negative snp unless you specifically check them one at a time.

It was different in the past

By "new SNPs" are you referring to private variants?

The issue is that they test a lot but do not show you the tested negative snp unless you specifically check them one at a time.

It was different in the past

Do they show the positive SNPs?

This thread has been viewed 61105 times.

Back