Positive for CTS8489 but Negative for CTS8862

Anatolia ancient name was Asia Minor "asiatics" , there is a link above of liburnians with lycians

a lot of T found in Lycian area as well as the island of Chios

My Y-DNA has me tracking the name "Hait" which has possible Armenian origins:

Hyde [Heydt]

>> The surname Heydt /Hait was first found in Bavaria where the name Heidt was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power. <<

>>mostly means 'rural dweller', "that of the heathland", whereby heath is nothing more than the wide, open land in contrast to the closed field<<

The other meaning Heide=paganus=heathen is a late medieval aberration.

*****Alemanni Tribe (520 AD)

HAIDAR
Gender Masculine
Usage Arabic
Scripts حيدر(Arabic)
Meaning & History
Means "lion" in Arabic.
Related Names
VariantsHaider, Hayder, Hyder
Other Languages & CulturesHeydar(Persian) Haydar(Turkish)

"In any case, Anglo-Saxon use of heathen followed that of their Continental cousins, the Goths. In the fourth century, the Goths’ bishop, Ulfilas (‘Wolfling’) had made his own Gothic translation, in which the Syrophenician woman in Mark 7:26 is called haithno. That looks like heathen, but the ingenious Norwegian philologist, Sophus Bugge (1833-1907), had a notion that Ulfilas borrowed the word haithno from the Armenian version of the Gospels. And the Armenians had simply borrowed their own word from the Greek ethnos."

“Heathen” comes by way of Bishop Ulfilas (aka Wulfila). In the late 300s he translated the New Testament from Greek into Gothic for the Visigoths. Many of his words spread to other Germanic languages, like English.
His heathen was haithno. There are two ideas about how he came up with that word:
1. He gothicized the Greek ethnos, possibly by way of the Armenian word hethanos.
2. He modeled it on the Latin word paganus (pagan). Pagan meant someone who lived in the countryside, but as the cities Christianized, it came to mean a non-Christian. Likewise, heathen was someone who lived on the heath, who was now seen as non-Christian.

If Z19945 is to be from Anatolia....where would that leave CTS8489?
There is no Z19945 in Anatolia.....it is either on the French-Swiss border or the Czech-German-Austrian border.....the snp for T1a2 in Anatolia is only found to be Cts933........ DNA-explained owner, Estes has a line also T from this Lycian lands......I will try to find her article from a few years ago

find this

[h=1]Hugh Bowling (1591-1651) – DNA Rare as Hen’s Teeth – 52 Ancestors #14[/h]
in her site for more details

There is no Z19945 in Anatolia.....it is either on the French-Swiss border or the Czech-German-Austrian border.....the snp for T1a2 in Anatolia is only found to be Cts933........ DNA-explained owner, Estes has a line also T from this Lycian lands......I will try to find her article from a few years ago

find this

Hugh Bowling (1591-1651) – DNA Rare as Hen’s Teeth – 52 Ancestors #14

in her site for more details

Thanks, torzio.

https://dna-explained.com/2014/04/04/hugh-bowling-1591-1651-dna-rare-as-hens-teeth-52-ancestors-14/

"I am another of the Northern T group, I am T-L446 ( noted as Eastern Alpine ).
I need to know where you have found information which states the origins of T is in the Taurus mountains as I have never came across this in all the paper I have read.
I have heard of it being in the Zargos mountains of Northern Iran close to the Caspian sea on the east side. It is a West- Asian marker."

torzio,

I had also thought it was considered to be Iranian....thus not European.
The theory for Anatolia now seems compelling.

"I am another of the Northern T group, I am T-L446 ( noted as Eastern Alpine ).
I need to know where you have found information which states the origins of T is in the Taurus mountains as I have never came across this in all the paper I have read.
I have heard of it being in the Zargos mountains of Northern Iran close to the Caspian sea on the east side. It is a West- Asian marker."
torzio,
I had also thought it was considered to be Iranian....thus not European.
The theory for Anatolia now seems compelling.
I said the snp z19945 is pure european...for origins of T, then all say north of the zargos mountain range...but others say around the caspian sea, where haplogroup LT split apart into L and T

Northern for L131 or L446 is what gareth use to say as part of the armenian ftdna project, there is even a map for T there

I said the snp z19945 is pure european...for origins of T, then all say north of the zargos mountain range...but others say around the caspian sea, where haplogroup LT split apart into L and T

Northern for L131 or L446 is what gareth use to say as part of the armenian ftdna project, there is even a map for T there

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. I appreciate it.

"There is no Z19945 in Anatolia.....it is either on the French-Swiss border or the Czech-German-Austrian border....." - torzio

torzio,

While pursuing the possibility that I connect back to a Flemish knight named Hait (born mid to late 11th century) I came across a monk named Haito.
His location works with what you wrote about Z19945.

Haito…… Haito, Bishop of Basel and Abbot of Reichenau
was born in 763, of a noble family of Swabia.

https://www.britannica.com/place/Swabia

"Swabia, German Schwaben, historic region of southwestern Germany, including what is now the southern portion of Baden-Württemberg Land (state) and the southwestern part of Bavaria Land in Germany, as well as eastern Switzerland and Alsace.

Swabia’s name is derived from that of the Suebi, a Germanic people who, with the Alemanni, occupied the upper Rhine and upper Danube region in the 3rd century ad and spread south to Lake Constance and east to the Lech River. Known first as Alemannia, the region was called Swabia from the 11th century. The Franks under Clovis mastered the Alemanni about ad 500; later in the 6th century, the Franks established a duchy in Alemannia to control the region, which gained autonomy under the later Merovingians but lost it under the Carolingians. The Lex Alemannorum, a code based on Alemannic customary law, first emerged in the 7th century. By the 7th century Irish missionaries began to introduce Christianity. Centres of Christian activity included the abbeys of St. Gall and of Reichenau and the bishoprics of Basel, Constance, and Augsburg; most Swabian sees came into the archepiscopal province of Mainz."

Possible tie to Haito:

https://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Hedde#ixzz62wBktl5J

"Recorded as Hedau, Hedaux, Hede, Hedde, Hedou, Hedin, Hedon, Hedman and others, this is a surname of French (and Belgian) origins, of which it has at least two. The first is one from a large group which descend from an early Germanic personal name 'Haido or Hadu' meaning battle."

"There is no Z19945 in Anatolia.....it is either on the French-Swiss border or the Czech-German-Austrian border....." - torzio
torzio,
While pursuing the possibility that I connect back to a Flemish knight named Hait (born mid to late 11th century) I came across a monk named Haito.
His location works with what you wrote about Z19945.
Haito…… Haito, Bishop of Basel and Abbot of Reichenau
was born in 763, of a noble family of Swabia.
https://www.britannica.com/place/Swabia
"Swabia, German Schwaben, historic region of southwestern Germany, including what is now the southern portion of Baden-Württemberg Land (state) and the southwestern part of Bavaria Land in Germany, as well as eastern Switzerland and Alsace.
Swabia’s name is derived from that of the Suebi, a Germanic people who, with the Alemanni, occupied the upper Rhine and upper Danube region in the 3rd century ad and spread south to Lake Constance and east to the Lech River. Known first as Alemannia, the region was called Swabia from the 11th century. The Franks under Clovis mastered the Alemanni about ad 500; later in the 6th century, the Franks established a duchy in Alemannia to control the region, which gained autonomy under the later Merovingians but lost it under the Carolingians. The Lex Alemannorum, a code based on Alemannic customary law, first emerged in the 7th century. By the 7th century Irish missionaries began to introduce Christianity. Centres of Christian activity included the abbeys of St. Gall and of Reichenau and the bishoprics of Basel, Constance, and Augsburg; most Swabian sees came into the archepiscopal province of Mainz."
Possible tie to Haito:

https://www.surnamedb.com/Surname/Hedde#ixzz62wBktl5J
"Recorded as Hedau, Hedaux, Hede, Hedde, Hedou, Hedin, Hedon, Hedman and others, this is a surname of French (and Belgian) origins, of which it has at least two. The first is one from a large group which descend from an early Germanic personal name 'Haido or Hadu' meaning battle."
Is that near the jura caves swabia ?....there is ols sample of T-z19945 found there.....i have posted it before
Romans called lake constance...lacus venetus

I cannot open your link

Haito, Bishop of Basel and Abbot of Reichenau

"Is that near the jura caves swabia ?...."

"Located where the Swiss, French and German borders meet, Basel also has suburbs in France and Germany."

"The Basler Jura is a beautiful area of limestone crags located at the Eastern end of the Swiss Jura mountains, close to the Rhine, the city of Basel, and the borders of France and Germany. Some of the crags are in fact in France."

Counts of "Saulgau" is also spelled Saalgau, Sallgau and Saargau......(pertaining to the above link).

Last edited:
... ordered the Y111 :)

... ordered the Y111 :)

btw, I can almost hear "The Gael" playing in the background of your new profile picture....great music.

btw, I can almost hear "The Gael" playing in the background of your new profile picture....great music.

TrK6f6X.jpg

I could hear it too.

it was a temp Avatar, I am not Scot or Irish or Native Americans :)

... though LivingDNA disagree with my statement. LOL

SgQNbZv.jpg

FOEFTsD.jpg

I have gotten my results from YFull....but they have not updated the YTree yet.

I am matched with Piero Pretoto, François Bernot, Reddick Knox,
person.png
ERS256892 (the so called "sardinian from cagliari ") and four other unnamed kits.

Last edited:
ERS256892 (the so called "sardinian from cagliari ") is my strongest match on YFull with 64 "All shared SNPs".

Would 64 be considered a high or low number in this instance?

This thread has been viewed 61862 times.

Back