Positive for CTS8489 but Negative for CTS8862

Hi Salento,

So we appear to be even closer then I first thought....and I am also negative for CTS1848.
Do you have theories as to where your family was before they arrived in Italy? I suspect when yours settled in Italy is when mine went west (northwest?)into Germany and then into what is now France.

Maybe:

"The Alans were the only branch of the Sarmatians to keep their culture in the face of a Gothic invasion (c. 200 CE), and those who remained built a great kingdom between the Don and Volga Rivers, according to Coon, The Races of Europe. Between 350 and 374 CE, the Huns destroyed the Alan kingdom, and the Alan people were split in half. One half fled to the west, where they participated in the Barbarian Invasions of Rome, established short-lived kingdoms in Spain and North Africa, and settled in many other places such as Orléans, France. The other half fled to the south and settled on the plains of the North Caucasus, where they established their medieval kingdom of Alania."

You sit in ftdna T project with a Hoff who is one step from me in my matches ..............you need to chat to Gareth since you have done your y700 and ask him to classify you

I believe your line arrived in europe before the romans emerged ............your line if it is Z19945 is dated as 1460BC ......and it is only found in Europe

@BMW

Torzio is from the North, maybe he has more info.

As far as my relatives are concerned, they've always been there in the same Town, 2 and 1/2 miles from Lecce.

My town was founded in the 1200s AD by Leccesi soldiers tactical retreating after the troops of Otto IV of Saxony attacked Lecce.

I can go back up up to 5 - 6 generations, (cemetery private chapels).

Do you have a

Michael Benedetto, Toretto, Italy

in your tree

I know he married a german woman, but his origins are from Marche region even though he is further south today

I also have this from Marrovalle , Marche region
Carmine DiChiara

@Torzio
I don’t.

one of my matches is Redlich.
maybe is the same line as Radich.

@Torzio
I don’t.

one of my matches is Redlich.
maybe is the same line as Radich.

is it this person ?

Christopher Rudolph Redlich

or

Christian Atherholt
Born 1724 in Hanover , Germany

0 step from myself

one from Belluno, 1680

Damiano Mozet ...............0 step from myself

My theory is that if you have Z19945 , ..............it was basically in the modern hungarian area in the late bronze-age

My theory is that if you have Z19945 , ..............it was basically in the modern hungarian area in the late bronze-age

if you’re talking to me, you know that I’m positive for Z19945, unless you’re thinking of BMW.

The Late Bronze Age speculation could apply to me.

if you’re talking to me, you know that I’m positive for Z19945, unless you’re thinking of BMW.

BMW

I assume he will also be Z19945 if gareth looks at his data

In italy we clearly have an adriatic side only that I can see

yourself, myself ....2 x marche .........and I am currently chatting with someone from Rimini , surname Soller ( will let you know )

The Late Bronze Age speculation could apply to me.

Maps from my MTA:

Late Bronze Age
okEqbPT.jpg

Iron Age
61NVYtE.jpg

Early Medieval Age
zIJfIRW.jpg

Medieval Age
7GJ7bXh.jpg

Beautifull lol! After only 30-50 generations we have almost all the same history here.

@BMW

Torzio is from the North, maybe he has more info.

As far as my relatives are concerned, they've always been there in the same Town, 2 and 1/2 miles from Lecce.

My town was founded in the 1200s AD by Leccesi soldiers tactical retreating after the troops of Otto IV of Saxony attacked Lecce.

I can go back up up to 5 - 6 generations, (cemetery private chapels).

Salento,
Thanks for your reply.
Any theories as to where your family was pre-13th century?

Salento,
Thanks for your reply.
Any theories as to where your family was pre-13th century?

I only know back about 6 generations, but since my autosomal results match by average other Apulians, I assume they were probably around Puglia or Center / South Italy in general.

Torzio,
Thanks for all your input.

Although this is not the same period of time it may still be relevant to the origin of the surname HAIT:

"The surname of HAYDT is a Hungarian occupational name for a drover. Drovers were armed and often became highwaymen and mercenaries. HAYDT acquired both meanings, but the surname is chiefly associated with the settlement of about 10,000 mercenaries in East Hungary by Prince Istvan Bocskay as a reward for their support. Their towns, dating from 1605, still retain HAYDT as a first element. The word was borrowed into German, Polish and Czech to denote an armed retainer of a nobleman."

"The surname Heydt was first found in Bavaria where the name Heidt was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power."

Salento,

What I wouldn't give to "only know back about 6 generations"...LOL

What with Irish records, I'm lucky to know who my Dad's grandparents were.

@BMW where I am from people stayed very close to their community so people tended to marry in the same area.

My 1750 AD Genetic Community (AncestryDNA):

fnGJBQr.jpg

Today:

2ZA7JFI.jpg

2wqCGKl.jpg

Salento,
What I wouldn't give to "only know back about 6 generations"...LOL
What with Irish records, I'm lucky to know who my Dad's grandparents were.
You can try the site
Geneanet
Its a euro site and i got a lot of info there.....it is free

Of course with any site you need to cross reference

@Torzio the reason they don’t include Salento is because of the Griko populations.

(‘cause of my username, I feel the need to say it every time I post these kind of results :) lol

@Torzio the reason they don’t include Salento is because of the Griko populations.

(‘cause of my username, I feel the need to say it every time I post these kind of results :) lol

I know your surname , .............I was talking to BMW....confused on your comment

I know your surname , .............I was talking to BMW....confused on your comment

Although my User-Name is Salento, AncestryDNA did not include the Salento area in the maps of my Genetic Community.

That's why I felt compelled to explain the reason why.

Because of the Griko population, there are small genetic differentiations between the Salentini.

AncestryDNA realized that I'm not a Griko, and it put me with the other Pugliesi.

TtvzJml.jpg

(Salento is the Lecce / Brindisi in the grayed out area)

This thread has been viewed 61137 times.

Back