King John II of Aragon

I think that this interesting. burgundian people was of germanic people. this Y dna (E-M35) is not common germanic people.

If we go back in your line by DNA And we get to: Otón-Guillermo Count of Burgundy (962 - 21 of September of 1026) was a son of Adalberto de Ivrea King of Italy and Gerberga de Mâcon.

Following the deepest line Ydna in Wikipedia we come to:

Amadeo de Oscheret (790-867) was a count of Oscheret within the Kingdom of Burgundy. As Earl of Oscheret he received rents from Langres, Dijon and Tonnerre, he was the son of Unroch, Count of Ternois, and founder of the Hungarian and Engertrude dynasty of Paris. From Amadeo comes the House of Burgundy, founded in 1032, which reigned in Castile in the Middle Ages. He could have been lay abbot of Saint-Cosme de Chalons.

The Hunróquidas (Italian: Unrochingi ; French: Unrochides; German: Unruochinger) were a Frankish noble family who established themselves in Italy. The family is named for the first member to come to prominence, Unruoch II of Friuli (floruit early 9th century).

Juan II de Aragón would be descendant by Y Adn of the Franks.

I'm sorry, but which known descendants of him were actually tested? Because apart from the Valperga family, there aren't really any agnates. There could be illegitimate ones, though.

I'm sorry, but which known descendants of him were actually tested? Because apart from the Valperga family, there aren't really any agnates. There could be illegitimate ones, though.

There are many illegitimate agnatic lines today. One of the most prosperous is the Portuguese family "de Noronha" which descends from an illegitimate son of Enrique II (or Henry II) of Castille who was the great-grandfather of Juan II of Aragon. Today this family still claims some nobility titles in Portugal such as "marquis of Sabugosa" and some other count titles.
Still, how is the the haplogroup of Juan II known, who was tested, how many were tested, were they from different lines. This must be known to give any kind of reliability to the statement " Juan II of Aragon along with his agnatic kinsmen were members of E-m35".

There are many illegitimate agnatic lines today. One of the most prosperous is the Portuguese family "de Noronha" which descends from an illegitimate son of Enrique II (or Henry II) of Castille who was the great-grandfather of Juan II of Aragon. Today this family still claims some nobility titles in Portugal such as "marquis of Sabugosa" and some other count titles.
Still, how is the the haplogroup of Juan II known, who was tested, how many were tested, were they from different lines. This must be known to give any kind of reliability to the statement " Juan II of Aragon along with his agnatic kinsmen were members of E-m35".

Ah, I see. I had used Genealogics to search for any living members of the House of Ivrea, but there was nothing (legitimate or not) after the 19th century (I think). I only know about the Valperga family from a discussion on another forum.

I think that this interesting. burgundian people was of germanic people. this Y dna (E-M35) is not common germanic people.

E-M35 is an extremely generic reading and can say a thousand stories. Maybe being tested further upstream could help to be more specific. It could easily result that its E-V13 which is not that uncommon in South Germany and Austria. Same story as Adolph Hitler.

This thread has been viewed 6242 times.

Back