Was Cimmerian (Old Persian) an Albanized Iranian language?

What prevents it? I don't follow your logic. Did modern Persian completely ditch the Old Persian word daushta = to love?

It couldn't have been transmitted through Turkish because they use different word for "Love". So it must have been through ancient contacts.

What prevents it? I don't follow your logic. Did modern Persian completely ditch the Old Persian word daushta = to love?
What do you mean?

For example do you believe Ancient Greek khthés, Latin herī, Germanic *gest-, Sanskrit hiyas, Avestan zyō, Old Persian dya (Modern Persian di) and Albanian dje with the meaning of "yesterday" are cognates or not?

What do you mean?

For example do you believe Ancient Greek khthés, Latin herī, Germanic *gest-, Sanskrit hiyas, Avestan zyō, Old Persian dya (Modern Persian di) and Albanian dje with the meaning of "yesterday" are cognates or not?

Persian is a indo European language, cimmerian isn’t a albanized language but has similarities with other languages due to a common ancestor the indo Europeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you mean?

In Albanian Kdheu means Return and yeah dje means yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Persians origins came from modern Tajikistan/uzbekistan and went to Persia in 1000BC ...............
The Persians, and their closest relatives were the Medes, and both came from the Saka peoples in the central Asian steppe. The Medes and Persians first entered Iran from the Uzbekistan around 1000 BC. They settled the central Iranian plateau, mixing with the Scythian and Kassite migrants who preceded them, as well as with the Elamitic natives. The Persians moved to present-day Fars around 700 BC. The Medes settled in the northwest and today are called the Kurds.

The Persians, separated from the other Iranians around 1000 BC. Their closest relatives were the Medes, and both came from the Saka peoples in the central Asian steppe.
The Medes and Persians first entered Iran from the Uzbekistan around 1000 BC. They settled the central Iranian plateau, mixing with the Scythian and Kassite migrants who preceded them, as well as with the Elamitic natives. The Persians moved to present-day Fars around 700 BC. The Medes settled in the northwest and today are mostly labelled the Kurds.

The non-Persian Iranians separated from the Indo-Aryans in Afghanistan around 2500 BC, when Iranian tribes in that area mixed with the Margianese.

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/txt/ah/Persia/Behistun_txt.html

i don't remember now the exact word in iranian. Some say that is borrowed from Persian through Turkish, but i think is not a borrowing but a native word of the Albanian language.

My theory

Lol wut? :LOL:
What if
Tocharians were Proto-Albanians as well? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Tocharian tokë=earth/land + arian/arban where arë means vast plains and fields or even steppes.
So, Tocharian/Tokëarian/Tokëarban= Land of the Albanians or simply Land of the steppe peoples.
It's a conspiracy! :grin:

Lol wut? :LOL:
What if
Tocharians were Proto-Albanians as well? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Tocharian tokë=earth/land + arian/arban where arë means vast plains and fields or even steppes.
So, Tocharian/Tokëarian/Tokëarban= Land of the Albanians or simply Land of the steppe peoples.
It's a conspiracy! :grin:

No Albania is tiny country while Tocharian is very big historical region so no connection I am afraid.

No Albania is tiny country while Tocharian is very big historical region so no connection I am afraid.
I know lol. Was just kidding.

This thread has been viewed 26158 times.

Back