Joey37

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Celto-Germanic
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a-YP445
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c2b
This guy just took an Ancestry DNA test and the largest ethnicity in his DNA checks in with 42%! From the following choices (which are all ethnicities detected in his report), pick out which one was the 42%! Is it Irish/Scottish (Gaelic?); England, Wales, and Northwestern Europe; France; or Germanic Europe? Also, believe it or not, he is 6% Norwegian!IMG_0759.JPG

I think it could be France maybe

Maybe Germanic.

That may not be the 42%, but except for the coloring, that's what he looks like to me.

England, Wales, and Northwestern Europe.

AncestryDNAStory-Joseph-040519.jpgDuarte got the closest, as my England, Wales, and Northwestern Europe is 35%! But it is the Irish that wins with 42%. Irish is the only ethnicity that my parents have in common. If you add up the different Germanic areas (England, Germany, Norway; all the EWNE is English, from my paper trail) you get 50%, so Angela is right theoretically; also, the men of my line tend to resemble their fathers, and my patrilineal line originates in the Rhenish Palatinate. As you can now guess, the picture is of me.

View attachment 10998Duarte got the closest, as my England, Wales, and Northwestern Europe is 35%! But it is the Irish that wins with 42%. Irish is the only ethnicity that my parents have in common. If you add up the different Germanic areas (England, Germany, Norway; all the EWNE is English, from my paper trail) you get 50%, so Angela is right theoretically; also, the men of my line tend to resemble their fathers, and my patrilineal line originates in the Rhenish Palatinate. As you can now guess, the picture is of me.

I tryed to use the logic. Since the matches are all with Northern Europe, I remembered Angela's post with Welsh actors who appearance was far from the typical stereotype of the British Isles and made the assumption that he was basically Welsh. I almost hit :)

Except that he's mostly Germanic, and looks it. :)

Not all Germans are light. Features are more important. That said, the following people aren't the norm.

Joachim Low
e4345c0bec019ad20997796f7dc86ad8--football-coaches-football-soccer.jpg

Maximilian Schell
611px-Maximilian_Schell_-_1970-1.jpg

Sebastian Koch
a0f5002a808f81f9b7fffafcb74ee1bd--smart-people-gorgeous-men.jpg

From what I've read Jon Hamm is mostly German and definitely looks it in my opinion.
Jon-Hamm-Sexy-Beard.jpg

The only German who ever fooled me in terms of the combination of features and coloring is Mats Hummels:
10x6VsV.jpg

Except that he's mostly Germanic, and looks it. :)

Not all Germans are light. Features are more important. That said, the following people aren't the norm.

Joachim Low
e4345c0bec019ad20997796f7dc86ad8--football-coaches-football-soccer.jpg

Maximilian Schell
611px-Maximilian_Schell_-_1970-1.jpg

Sebastian Koch
a0f5002a808f81f9b7fffafcb74ee1bd--smart-people-gorgeous-men.jpg

From what I've read Jon Hamm is mostly German and definitely looks it in my opinion.
Jon-Hamm-Sexy-Beard.jpg

The only German who ever fooled me in terms of the combination of features and coloring is Mats Hummels:
10x6VsV.jpg

Perhaps, the one who looks more British from the list below is Paul McCartney.

Paul McCartney - Beatles,
gTw0qDx.jpg

George Harrison - Beatles,

qyrjr7D.jpg

Tony Iommi - Black Sabbath,

wEPBbuw.jpg

Nick Mason - Pink Floyd,

cmhc7dv.jpg

Roger Waters - Pink Floyd,

aAOFnDr.jpg

Ritchie Blackmore - Deep Purple and Rainbow,

2m9dnTn.jpg

Jimmy Page - Led Zeppelin,

Cmhab3I.jpg

Tony Iommi is of italian origin while Jimmy Page is 1/4 Chinese

Utilizzando Tapatalk

Tony Iommi is of italian origin while Jimmy Page is 1/4 Chinese

Utilizzando Tapatalk

[FONT=q_serif]Birth Name: James Patrick Page[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Place of Birth: Brentford, Middlesex, England, U.K.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Date of Birth: 9 January, 1944[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Ethnicity: English, some Irish[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Jimmy is the son of Patricia Elizabeth (Gaffikin) and James Patrick Page.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]On the internet, there are many rumours about Jimmy having Chinese or Japanese ancestry through a grandmother. These statements are not accurate.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Jimmy’s paternal grandfather was James Ernest Page (the son of James Ernest Page and Jane Burtles). Jimmy’s great-grandfather James was the son of Henry Page.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Jimmy’s paternal grandmother was Emily Holdom (the daughter of Henry Holdom and Emily Mileman). Henry was the son of Charles Henry Holdom and Emma Mansfield.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Jimmy’s maternal grandfather was John Gaffikin (the son of Arthur Chichester Gaffikin and Jean Anna/Anne Morton Kells). John was born in Belfast, Antrim, Ireland. Arthur was the son of John Gaffikin and Mary Jane McCallum.[/FONT]
[FONT=q_serif]Jimmy’s maternal grandmother was Edith May Thomas (the daughter of James Thomas and Elizabeth Ann Pick).[/FONT]

In the interest of full disclosure, the potential ancestry spread vis a vis Irish-Scottish/EWNE was much different. It was about 18%-42% for the Irish but a very narrow 35% to 37% for the English (which 99% of it is), which makes sense given that three of my eight great-grandparents were entirely of English descent. You have to click on each ethnicity to get the potential percentage spread for your Ancestry results, so some people might not know this and miss the extra information.

ok then it's a myth

Utilizzando Tapatalk

As for Tony, you're absolutely right :)
[FONT=&quot]Birth Name: Anthony Frank Iommi[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Place of Birth: Birmingham, Warwickshire, England, U.K.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Date of Birth: 19 February, 1948[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ethnicity: Italian (including Sicilian)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tony Iommi is a British musician, songwriter, producer, and writer. He is the lead guitarist of the rock band Black Sabbath. Other members of the band are Geezer Butler and Ozzy Osbourne.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Tony is the son of Maria Sylvia (Baciocchi) and Anthony Iommi. His father was born in England, or in Brazil, to Italian parents from the Province of Frosinone, Lazio. His mother was born in Palermo, Sicily, Italy. Tony was brought up in a Catholic household.

In his book Iron Man: My Journey through Heaven and Hell with Black Sabbath, Tony wrote “I think my nan [paternal grandmother] was from Brazil”. If this is the case, it is still possible that Tony’s paternal grandmother was of Italian descent.[/FONT]

Yep. Page's appearance may make many believe he has Asian ancestry, but he is 100% English:

UJgZwrD.jpg

There is always a certain variability of opinion in guessing the ethnicity of ain individual from his phenotypic characters, probably also influenced by the habit of having more familiarity and direct knowledge of some peoples than others. I apologize if I use this thread, but how would you classify it and / or assign it? :)

59535351_669361460173780_3829585680850223104_n.jpg

59761782_2353253568331371_3276340785854808064_n.jpg

There is always a certain variability of opinion in guessing the ethnicity of ain individual from his phenotypic characters, probably also influenced by the habit of having more familiarity and direct knowledge of some peoples than others. I apologize if I use this thread, but how would you classify it and / or assign it? :)

Maybe a Bulgarian or a Western Turk, more specifically from Istambul :)

Maybe a Bulgarian or a Western Turk, more specifically from Istambul :)

ehehe, hi Duarte.

You have just entered my "Bulgarian" collection, you are not the only one to say it :D
Seriously, that face is Italian, I know for sure because it's my "snout" ;)

You resemble Ernest Borgnine at The Vikings. :D

giphy.gif

ehehe, hi Duarte.

You have just entered my "Bulgarian" collection, you are not the only one to say it :D
Seriously, that face is Italian, I know for sure because it's my "snout" ;)

Hi Stuvanè,
LOL. I moved you to the eastern Balkans. Thankfully I was not the only one that did it. At least I do not embarrass myself alone. Ernest Borgnine is a son of Italian immigrants. But I think your profile photo would give you a good roman centurion role in a Hollywood movie.
Big Hug :grin:(y)

This thread has been viewed 16066 times.

Back