Ethnic group
Makedonian original
Y-DNA haplogroup
G2a3a
mtDNA haplogroup
X2b
the thread is the bellow

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/38410-Suliotet/page17?p=577389#post577389

not only went off topic, but started to offend population group that were upsent in the area and the era, like Pontic and Anatolian Greeks
why this offend, I can not understand,
But in order to stop spam born by hate, to populations foreign to subject
I ask thread to be closed,

quoting

And here is the response of Roman (Byzantine) diplomats to the pope calling them Greeks, according to Luitprand of Cremona, an ambassador for the HRE:

Luitprand's entire account of his embassy is hilarious, and can be read here.
Probably the Romans mentioned here were Armenians, Syrians, etc and they refused categorically to be called Greeks. Meanwhile their descendants today have adopted this slur as a exonym for their new nation, the Neo-Greeks.

In Latin dictionaries, the word "Grek/Grec" metaphorically means "fripon, escroc" (cheater, scammer). The same definition was also given in the French Larousse. (Larousse / 1930 / Volume 3 / p. 867)
Well, the first thing that comes to mind is the recent Greek economic crisis.

Constantinople the last great siege 1453 by Roger Crowley, p.458-459

But the usage of these derogatory names is very common among neo-Greeks. If the so-called Anatolian Greeks, who arrived in Greece during the exchange of population between Greece and Turkey following the Treaty of Lausanne, call the native inhabitants of Greece, the Vlachs, the Slavs and the Albanians, False Greeks, you can read the whole story HERE. The native inhabitants of Greece, call these people arrived in Europe from Asia Minor with derogatory names such, turkosporos which mean turkish seed or baptised yogurt, etc.

2lldkyp.png

25f7qdh.png

6qjm9u.png

2j1k2gy.png

eupwco.png

r9onk4.png

About these people, the refugese from Asia Minor commonly called prosfiga, you can watch this documentary where it is testimoned not only the usage of these derogatory names but also the ill-treatment of the False Greeks against the turkosporos:
Interviews with Anatolian immigrants in Greece

Some interesting comments in the comment section from an descendant of those people:

greek pontic from sweden 2 years ago

an den eirthane i pondi stin ellada akoma ksipoliti tha pigenate

legate ouuu i tourko spori tha paroune tis doulies mas a sto dialou maimounia

i dopi einai skopidia shit tha sas gamiso olous zoaaaaaaaaaaaaa akrivos afta pou elege i giagia etsi me legane i gonis mou

A large part of these people(they were Christian Orthodox) spoke only Turkish and were famous for playing an asiatic instrument called Oud, commonly used predominantly in Western Asia and North Africa: in Egypt, Syria, Sudan, Palestine, Lebanon, Iraq, Kurdistan, Somalia, Yemen, Arabia, Iran, Greece, Armenia, Turkey, Azerbaijan, and other ethnic music like Jewish music, North African Chaabi, Classical, and Spanish Andalusian.

One of the different Christian Turkish and other Asiatic tribes arrived in Greece were the so-called Μπαφραλήδες, Bafralides:

Ποιοι είναι οι Μπαφραλήδες;

Google translation:

Friedrich Schubert

But in the Greek language version of the article you can read this:

Φριτς Σούμπερτ

Google translation:

And today the descendants of these Turks go around in forums and boasts of being the original Macedonians.

The Suliotes thread was opened on May 02, 2019 and was closed on May 25, 2019. Yetos got his wish granted from Angela even though the insults came from the Greek members. I invite Angela to review this thread for inappropriate language and reconsider her decision. For me remains difficult to understand that instead of promoting of civil discussions based on arguments, moderator closed threads without any valid justification.
Suliotes are part of Albanian and Greek history and some members here have interest in further deepening their knowledge in their past.
So I request Angela to reopen this thread or give valid explanations for closing it down.

In addition there should be a policy in place when a thread can be open or closed and in what bases. Arbitrary decision of the moderators do not promote or serve to the civil and intellectual exchange that we try to have here.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

The Suliotes thread was opened on May 02, 2019 and was closed on May 25, 2019. Yetos got his wish granted from Angela even though the insults came from the Greek members. I invite Angela to review this thread for inappropriate language and reconsider her decision. For me remains difficult to understand that instead of promoting of civil discussions based on arguments, moderator closed threads without any valid justification.
Suliotes are part of Albanian and Greek history and some members here have interest in further deepening their knowledge in their past.
So I request Angela to reopen this thread or give valid explanations for closing it down.

In addition there should be a policy in place when a thread can be open or closed and in what bases. Arbitrary decision of the moderators do not promote or serve to the civil and intellectual exchange that we try to have here.

This simply shows how biased the moderators can be, even when the "victim" Yetos throws insults around towards other members, he gets no infractions, I got many for less.

This simply shows how biased the moderators can be, even when the "victim" Yetos throws insults around towards other members, he gets no infractions, I got many for less.
It is because he is an invaluable asset for them. With his complaints they can close all threads which expose the propaganda of the greek state for what it really is, and at the same time they can act neutral and impartial because for outsiders it just seems like they were helping a victim, while they in reality just were waiting for Yetos to provoke an albanian into reacting, and then close the thread.
I counted at least 10-15 times where Yetos called albanians turk-albanians just in that single thread, a reaction was inevitable.

But i don't mind. Because even greek scholars are now beginning to agree with what albanians have been saying all along. So it won't be long before the greek state has to adapt to these new realities if they don't want to loose credibility in the eyes of the international community.
When that time comes, we can rejoice that these unethical persons actually wasted 10-15 years of their lives on this site trying to stop an avalanche with a cocktail umbrella.

So my advice is: Just laugh at these things, don't let it get on your nerves.
Everything will turn in our favor in the next 50 years or so, probably earlier if you ask me.

I have no problem with this, the world is full with unethical people, but it is difficult to continue the intellectual exchange in this forum...... I am going to reopen a Part II Suliotes Thread so we can continue our interesting discussion.

I have no problem with this, the world is full with unethical people, but it is difficult to continue the intellectual exchange in this forum...... I am going to reopen a Part II Suliotes Thread so we can continue our interesting discussion.

No, you will NOT. There is a thread on the Albanians, who and what they are. Stick to it.

No, you will NOT. There is a thread on the Albanians, who and what they are. Stick to it.

Just to clarify, being unethical goes for certain member that posted on Suliotes thread not Moderators. I invited moderators several times to moderate language in Suliotes thread (review)
Again there should be some rules of conduct here.
I protest to get infractions for things that I never thought or said to a Moderator.

IMG_3267.jpg

This thread has been viewed 6088 times.

Back