Exact MAP - frequency of Jewish population in European regions in 1881

Lukas

Reaction score
It is interesting, because shows Jewish frequency before large-scale emigration to America and of course WWII.

EDIT: I found original map, from: Die Verbreitung der Juden in Mitteleuropa English: The distribution of the Jews in Central Europe (from Richard Andree, Ethnography of the Jews, 1881).
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Juden_1881.JPG
Juden_1881.JPG

Last edited:
We'll see how interesting really is...

Don't you have a special map for the Habsburg Jews,especially for the Serbo-Habsburg ,even Serbo-Hungaro-Habsburg ones?

The Poles only knew the city situation from Bukovina,it looks that in some cases they were assimilated into Celto-Bastarne,I really can't find any explanation.

EDIT

The thruth is,you all(Jews,Germans,Austrians,Slavs,Turks),continue to be simply tractorists of science,that sometimes access a very speculative source.

EDIT

I still see it as an incorrect and especially incomplete map,you all deserve each other...

The number of Jews was very small in Romania,until late 18th,it increased with the Habsburg annexation of Bukovina, most of them probably came from Galicia,then after the Revolution from 1848.

Overally,they had way less political, financial, power than in other parts,being mostly of middle-class type that left the concurrence of Western and Central Europe,town people.
That's why,not surprisingly, many of them had integrated into the Romanian society,even with strong nationalist tendencies.

Few examples:

Sadoveanu,Bukovinian,Jew or acolyte,very nationalist writer, in the 50's

Lucretius Patrascanu,Nationalist-Comunist('Before being a Communist,I'm Romanian'),Dej's ,Ceausescu's source of inspiration; after that ,Moscow had implemented Soviet,Hungarian, Transylvanian and Bulgarian Jews.

Dej,ultra-Stalinist,born in Barlad,USSR hater,he cut the oil conduct to Russia,some say the only person that had tried a more manly talk with Stalin.

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 5939 times.

Back