What have I found? ( my first post)

Jensen

Reaction score
001 sten med hul 3.jpg I found this in one of my pots of tomatoes in the glasshouse a couple of weeks ago. The soil comes from out in the garden, but "the garden is not just any garden". I live 50 m from the Baltic shore and a small river has run through my garden before it was drained and led through pipes as a part of the municipal drainage system. When I walk the beach I am proned to find remains of Ertebølle and also if I stick a spade into the ground in my garden it will come up with 3-4 stone age artefacts.. The stone fragments are everywhere. But back to the topic. What the hell is that? We have a stone with a hole drilled through it. It looks like nowadays projectile pendants that young gangsters wear or a shark tooth pendant. However it is a stone, despite it looks like a tooth of some kind. I have investigated a bit and found out its called an "axe amulet" and has been found before in a few examples. Can anyone help? Eventually name it or put it into age and perspective. Best regards Jens

Last edited:
No responses? Maybe its not the right place to make posts about artefacts. Should I delete it?

This thread has been viewed 4252 times.

Back