Hesse

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Saxon-Pomeranian
Y-DNA haplogroup
I-M223-Z2069
mtDNA haplogroup
H95
My Autosomal DNA-Test (Living DNA) shows me over the time from today to approximately 2,800 years ago (iron age) nearly a half ancestry West- and Norteurope (Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands) and a half Northeasteurope (Poland, Belarus, Ukraine). Is this a typical combination in Centraleurope, or also typical in Easteurope and Westeurope? Is it a result of migrations until medieval times or much older since the immigration of the Indo-Europeans in the Bronze Age.

Y-DNA: HG I-M223 Subgroup Z2069
mtDNA HG H95

My Autosomal DNA-Test (Living DNA) shows me over the time from today to approximately 2,800 years ago (iron age) nearly a half ancestry West- and Norteurope (Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands) and a half Northeasteurope (Poland, Belarus, Ukraine). Is this a typical combination in Centraleurope, or also typical in Easteurope and Westeurope? Is it a result of migrations until medieval times or much older since the immigration of the Indo-Europeans in the Bronze Age.

2800 years ago, 800 bc, that wasn't too long ago. i think you probably have some Slavic ancestry.
what does it say for the bronze age?

[h=1]Corded Ware culture invades in Central Europe 2900 BCE (bronze age). One of the Y-Mainhaplogroups was R1a. R1a is also the Y-Mainhaplogroup of the most East-European tribes. So it is probably that all peoples south of the Baltic Sea had that Y-Haplogroup as Mainhaplogroup since that time. The latter trait unites them with most of the Scandinavian and some Low Germanics of the coastal region, as well as with certain Slavic (Northern Kashubian). The prototypal Corded Ware culture is found in Central Europe, mainly Germany and Poland. The eastern outposts of the Corded Ware culture are the Middle Dnieper culture and on the upper Volga, the Fatyanovo?Balanovo culture. A genetic study conducted by Haak et al. (2015) found that a large proportion of the ancestry of the Corded Ware culture's population is similar to the Yamna culture. Autosomal DNA tests also indicate that the Yamna migration from the steppes introduced a component of ancestry referred to as "Ancient North Eurasian" admixture into Europe.[/h][h=1] [/h]

This thread has been viewed 3498 times.

Back