Mainly men migrated from the Pontic steppe to Europe 5,000 years ago

the arrival of the first steppe ancestry in Iberia shows both men and women arrived
but the men had huge offspring from several women, both with steppe ancestry and local
the women couldn't produce offspring as numerous as the men did

The Pontic-Caspian steppe
Is in Eastern Europe and has always been considered part of Europe, Einstein.

There is no such thing as Europe as it's not even a continent. It's called Eurasia. And most of the pontic steppe isn't in what is today Europe proper, so yes, there was a migration into Europe, Einstein, atleast into Europe proper from the Caucasus , Central Asia, Steppe , Uralic area , more or less , which many people today, who also have invented the idea and concept of Europe, don't even consider Europe.

To get back to the point, there appears to have been very little migration from the Pontic Steppe in 3,000 BC, whether male or female, otherwise we Europeans would be heavily WHG today. It looks more as if migration was mainly into the Pontic Steppe from both West and East.

It's in Eurasia but not Europe proper.

Well, that's an oxymoron. I mean, Europe is Eurasia, though it's of course distinguishable due to some partial geographic barriers.

To get back to the point, there appears to have been very little migration from the Pontic Steppe in 3,000 BC, whether male or female, otherwise we Europeans would be heavily WHG today. It looks more as if migration was mainly into the Pontic Steppe from both West and East.

Why? I don't see that much WHG in the Yamnaya samples. Also, Ukraine Neolithic and Ukraine BA (Yamnaya) samples look very different, with far less WHG, and even between Ukraine Neolithic and Ukraine Eneolithic we can already see a steep increase in CHG.

Why? I don't see that much WHG in the Yamnaya samples. Also, Ukraine Neolithic and Ukraine BA (Yamnaya) samples look very different, with far less WHG, and even between Ukraine Neolithic and Ukraine Eneolithic we can already see a steep increase in CHG.
Yes, Yamnayans migrated into the Pontic Steppe from the East. And non-Yamnayan Pontic Steppe samples show a resurgence in WHG as Globular Amphora moved in from the West.

Yes, due East (Caspian Steppe) and further South, from looking at the DNA.

Can you explain the migration between yamna and afanasievo considering their WHG and GAC admixtures in your data? Looks like afanasievo have no WHG/GAC, but they do. Actually I think their origin seems to be east ural.

yamnaya-hungary-lca-eba.png

Can you tell me one more? Why does afanasievo and steppe maykop admixture become similar to eneolithic steppe?

Can you explain the migration between yamna and afanasievo considering their WHG and GAC admixtures in your data? Looks like afanasievo have no WHG/GAC, but they do. Actually I think their origin seems to be east ural.

yamnaya-hungary-lca-eba.png

Can you tell me one more? Why does afanasievo and steppe maykop admixture become similar to eneolithic steppe?
The core readings of Eastern Yamnaya and Afanasievo look pretty similar to me, with (as you might expect) Afanasievo more Northern and Eastern-looking, and slightly less affected by Caucasian and Balkan-origin (probably Novodanilovka) admixture. Western Yamnaya is a rather different - much more heavily affected by local admixture (R1a pre-Corded Ware in the North, Cucuteni Tripolye in the South?)

Other than that - I don't know.

There is no such thing as Europe as it's not even a continent. It's called Eurasia. And most of the pontic steppe isn't in what is today Europe proper, so yes, there was a migration into Europe, Einstein, atleast into Europe proper from the Caucasus , Central Asia, Steppe , Uralic area , more or less , which many people today, who also have invented the idea and concept of Europe, don't even consider Europe.

All of the Pontic Steppe is in what is considered Europe proper. You clearly got a third-rate Communist or ex-Communist education (assuming you even have an education)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontic?Caspian_steppe

The Pontic steppe covers an area of 994,000 square kilometres (384,000 sq mi) of Europe, extending from Dobrudja in the northeastern corner of Bulgaria and southeastern Romania, across southern Moldova, Ukraine, through Russia to northwestern Kazakhstan to the Ural Mountains

Go cut me some firewood, boy.

Archaeology, genetics, and language in the steppes: a comment on bomhard
david w. anthony:

"along the banks of the lower volga many excavated hunting-fishing camp sites are dated 6200-4500 bc. they could be the source of CHG ancestry in the steppes."

"the CHG mating network had not yet reached samara by 5500 bc."

"but the third Khvalynsk individual had more than 50% CHG, like Yamnaya.
The ca. 30 additional unpublished individuals from three middle Volga Eneolithic cemeteries, including Khvalynsk, preliminarily show the same admixed EHG/CHG ancestry in varying proportions. Most of the males belonged to Y-chromosome haplogroup R1b1a, like almost all Yamnaya males, but Khvalynsk also had some minority Y-chromosome haplogroups (R1a, Q1a, J, I2a2) that do not appear or appear only rarely (I2a2) in Yamnaya graves."

https://www.academia.edu/39985565/A..._Language_in_the_Steppes_A_Comment_on_Bomhard

This thread has been viewed 16340 times.

Back