Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian
Y-DNA haplogroup
I2-CTS10228(slavo)
mtDNA haplogroup
H15(indo euro)
Hi
Someone that I know did a test and he received as ydna this one that i wrote above (J2-L24) . I know that it is not J2b-L283 but I want to know if it is typical of greek population . Thank you .
He is an albanian from the south.

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

L281 belongs to L241. Its a subclade if J2b. It is typical for Albanians and is Proto-Illyrian

You’re correct, it’s a separate branch from J2b2 L283, so J2a. Goes back at least 16000 years. I see no Greek flags on the L24 YFull tree, but flags from much of Europe and southwest Asia. I don’t believe it’s typical for the Greek population, but I recall J2a becoming more frequent among Greeks towards the south and the Aegean. Not sure if the J2a in those area is of the L24 variety.

There are also additional branches downstream from L24.

Are the autosomal results coherent for a Tosk Albanian !?
Mine were more mixed

I don’t know what the typical autosomal profile is for a Tosk Albanian, but I would not expect such a high percentage of Aegean. J2a L24 plus Aegean and Tuscan autosomal point to Mediterranean origins, possibly southern Greece. Just my guess.

A subclade of J2a-L24 - L70 is quite popular in the Southern Balkans. Have you been tested for that on LivingDNA, or you are a real L24*, i.e some undiscovered branch.
Previous study about J2a-L397(which is at the level of L70) connects it to Greek and Phoenician colonisation.
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-25912-9

These companies, after existing for more than 10 years, have yet not figured how to model Balkan components properly, most likely due to sheer ignorance.

"Aegean" in this case is such a broad term.

Hi
Someone that I know did a test and he received as ydna this one that i wrote above (J2-L24) . I know that it is not J2b-L283 but I want to know if it is typical of greek population . Thank you .
He is an albanian from the south.

Hallo, me and my maternal GrandPa are both J2a L70 and I have seen among the matches Albanian I think from Moskopole. I think depending on the subclade, it could be from different sources but J2a in the Balkan come mostly either really,really long time ago(mostly the rare branches_ or with Romans(L70) or with Hellenics(most of the M67),some probably with Celts(L70) and some specific branches of M67 with Muslims from South Russia(Cherkez, Chechen etc). :)
Do you know which subclade?

There is J2a L70 and J2a M67 found even among the Vikings, well 1 each, but it could be even Norman/Viking in the Balkan, in the end all we need is one guy to leave an offspring. I think this group originates in the Levant and really long time ago went to Alps and from there it spread mostly with the Romans(L70 I mean), some subclades of it are also observed among Ashkenazi Jews :)

This thread has been viewed 10375 times.

Back