Viking world population genomics

hi
i orederd it now ( bored and curious to know if i have some sharing with them):LOL:
it is my real swab living dna kit not an upload from ftdna or another company
Using samples from ancient burial sites, we have been able to identify 4 distinct viking populations:
  • Vikings of Norway
  • Vikings of Eastern Europe
  • Vikings of Denmark and Sweden
  • Vikings of Great Britain, Ireland and Iceland
We can compare your DNA to each of these groups to tell you which vikings you are most genetically similar to!
We will also tell you your Viking Index - how viking you are compared to other Living DNA members.
What_does_my_Viking_Index_mean.png

The Viking index represents the amount of DNA that you share with ancient Vikings.
To find this figure, we first calculate the genetic similarities between your DNA and the DNA obtained from known ancient viking and non-viking samples.
This allows us to estimate how much DNA you share with each of our Viking Groups.
We then compare your value to those of all other Living DNA users. This yields your Viking Index score.
The Viking Index score allows you to see where your result falls in comparison to the whole range of Viking Indexes across the Living DNA user base.
For example, if your Viking Index is 80%, this means that your DNA is more similar to Viking DNA than 80% of all Living DNA customers.
cosumer review:
Remember, this isn’t necessarily a measure of how Viking you are, but rather if you are more or less Viking than other members of the Living DNA community. Additionally, you will find out if you are more closely aligned with any of their various subgroups (Norwegian, Swedish and Danish, British and North Atlantic, or Eastern European). This is just another way to explore what your DNA can tell you about your ancestral ethnicity.
There is a $20 fee for this bit of insight into your deep ancestral past, available whether you test with Living DNA or upload your test results from another company (as long as you have European ancestry).

p.s

it will probably be extremely low index
but i am interested to know which group of vikings i am most similar
i am gambeling on the eastern groups
will post results when they will be ready:cool-v:

Update:
Got results my viking index is 20% ( that means i have more viking dna than 20% of living dna costumers i thought i would have lower index
Like 5%)

https://i.imgur.com/Su7F2E3.png

About which group i am closest to :
vikings of eastern europe( must be slavic genes
To some extent from my quarter bulgarian)

https://i.imgur.com/5VF1MCB.png

Last edited:
hi
i orederd it now ( bored and curious to know if i have some sharing with them):LOL:
it is my real swab living dna kit not an upload from ftdna or another company
Using samples from ancient burial sites, we have been able to identify 4 distinct viking populations:
  • Vikings of Norway
  • Vikings of Eastern Europe
  • Vikings of Denmark and Sweden
  • Vikings of Great Britain, Ireland and Iceland
We can compare your DNA to each of these groups to tell you which vikings you are most genetically similar to!
We will also tell you your Viking Index - how viking you are compared to other Living DNA members.
What_does_my_Viking_Index_mean.png

The Viking index represents the amount of DNA that you share with ancient Vikings.
To find this figure, we first calculate the genetic similarities between your DNA and the DNA obtained from known ancient viking and non-viking samples.
This allows us to estimate how much DNA you share with each of our Viking Groups.
We then compare your value to those of all other Living DNA users. This yields your Viking Index score.
The Viking Index score allows you to see where your result falls in comparison to the whole range of Viking Indexes across the Living DNA user base.
For example, if your Viking Index is 80%, this means that your DNA is more similar to Viking DNA than 80% of all Living DNA customers.
cosumer review:
Remember, this isn’t necessarily a measure of how Viking you are, but rather if you are more or less Viking than other members of the Living DNA community. Additionally, you will find out if you are more closely aligned with any of their various subgroups (Norwegian, Swedish and Danish, British and North Atlantic, or Eastern European). This is just another way to explore what your DNA can tell you about your ancestral ethnicity.
There is a $20 fee for this bit of insight into your deep ancestral past, available whether you test with Living DNA or upload your test results from another company (as long as you have European ancestry).

p.s

it will probably be extremely low index
but i am interested to know which group of vikings i am most similar
i am gambeling on the eastern groups
will post results when they will be ready:cool-v:

Update:
Got results my viking index is 20% ( that means i have more viking dna than 20% of living dna costumers i thought i would have lower index
Like 5%)

https://i.imgur.com/Su7F2E3.png

About which group i am closest to :
vikings of eastern europe( must be slavic genes
To some extent from my quarter bulgarian)

https://i.imgur.com/5VF1MCB.png

All this proves the approximative quality of this kind of 'analysis': algorhyms who mistake recent ancestry and deep ancestry;
At first sight, I 'd say.

All this proves the approximative quality of this kind of 'analysis': algorhyms who mistake recent ancestry and deep ancestry;
At first sight, I 'd say.

i don't recomend this test
it doesnt tell me the the thing i was looking
for
how much viking dna i have if any ? ( or more precise how much of my total genome resemble there viking refernces ?)

they sent me so many emails
so i gave up pay the 20$ and went for it
but people should not at the moment
they need to update there update :LOL:

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 31155 times.

Back