Ethnic group
Thracian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7558 (LDNA)
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a1b
I'll start:
1. Use the neutral gender when the object clearly does not have a gender
2. Simplify the usage of ι, η, υ, ει, οι. They are all pronounced the same, ee (long e) so why still have them. I know the traditionalists will have a cow but it's high time we simplify the language
3. Simplify the usage of ε, αι. They are pronounced the same, short e
4. Simplify the usage of vowel diphthongs so that the two vowels in the diphthongs are always pronounced separately. So οι is always pronounced o,i as in moist or toy without the use of diacritical marks
5. Replace all consonant diphthongs with a new letter for example γγ, γκ with a a hard g, τζ with a j, μπ with a b, etc.

There are many foreign loan words in Albanian ... they must be replaced with ‘native ones ‘ .
This is my most important concern ...

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

I'll start:

That is something I can understand

In personally, I will support united oghuz language instead of Turkish.

Standard Albanian deserves a proper study so that we can "revert" back to it's proper Medieval version without shortened/butchered words, and especially replace the Slavic and Turkish loanwords and instead of the generic schwa use the a, e, or i.

Standard Albanian deserves a proper study so that we can "revert" back to it's proper Medieval version without shortened/butchered words, and especially replace the Slavic and Turkish loanwords and instead of the generic schwa use the a, e, or i.

Yeah! I hope so

Sent from my iPad using Eupedia Forum

I’d revert it back to Illyrian language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For Catalan, I would try to avoid the break up with Occitan.

Very interesting question.

I'm personally not a fan of reverting of languages to some previous state. Every influence on the language is a part of the history and circumstances. The question is how much time should we go back since the most languages mixed all the time.

In Croatian I would dump "ć" and leave only "č". Both are pronounced as "ch" in English but the first one should be softer. Anyhow, depending on a dialect, speakers pronounce both either hard or soft, most of them aren't sure when to use which. Keep it simple. :)

I would cleanse the English language of all Latin loanwords except in the fields of science and medicine. Also excessive vowel mergers be stigmatized (all English speakers should pronounce merry, Mary, and marry differently as we do in New England) as well as certain Southeast England peculiarities such as L-vocalization and th-fronting, you sound like a bloody illiterate.

I'll start:

In Finnish there is no difference between female or male (no grammatical gender), all are just "Hän". That is excellent :)

Btw I can´t find anything, that I would like to change in Finnish language.

Making English phonetically correct would be a blessing. Meaning you spell words the way they are pronounced.

This thread has been viewed 7262 times.

Back