Strange bone protuberance on my skull

Ziober

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Celtiberian
Hello. I had noticed all my life that I got a little lump on back and up of my skull. I always tought that it was a common feature in everebody and I haven't given importance to it. But since I was interested in anthropology, and had watched lots of skulls with trained eyes I am very surprised and intrigued that I haven't seen anybody with that feature. I attribute this to an ancient remnant. Don't confuse with the occipital bun from neanderthals, because mine is close to the top.

I have a terrible drawing to show you what I'm talking to. I have long time no drawing, The lump was a little exagerated in the draw, and the proportions were terrible imprecise in the whole draw.

Can someone tell me what could be this?...

skull.jpg

I wouldn't know. I have the occipital bun so...GONK HUNGRY NOW...sorry latent Neanderthal genes, my skull-back is bumpy. Maybe you suffered an injury as a very small child when the bones were growing and the malformation is related to that.

I wouldn't know. I have the occipital bun so...GONK HUNGRY NOW...sorry latent Neanderthal genes, my skull-back is bumpy. Maybe you suffered an injury as a very small child when the bones were growing and the malformation is related to that.

Thanks Joey37, I don't think so. Because it is perfectly centered and symetric. the shape is in a whole with the skull, in a soft curve. texture and hardness is the shame as in the surroundings. I think I am mesocephalic.

In this pic of hominids skulls we can see something similar on the neanderthal skull:
http://www.evolution-textbook.org/content/free/figures/25_EVOW_Art/11_EVOW_CH25.jpg

Luckily I had found two examples of very known actors, Robert Duvall and Donald Pleasence, both in the movie THX 1138

aQaSBgy.jpg

wX5yhs0.jpg

You can see I haven't a malformation, but a rare craneal feature.

This thread has been viewed 4964 times.

Back