Urnfield culture and R-Z93

I think it relates to Indo-European migrations (Centum branch), not Indo-Iranian, in 1900 BC Indo-Iranians gradually migrated from the east and centum-speaking people migrated to Europe.

aiig_r1a.jpg

I think it relates to Indo-European migrations (Centum branch), not Indo-Iranian, in 1900 BC Indo-Iranians gradually migrated from the east and centum-speaking people migrated to Europe.

aiig_r1a.jpg
Check the subclade R-YP5153. It appears that it was part of Urnfield culture.

That is also a subclade of R-Z2124, the original land was in the Middle East.
So which populations does it come from? I think it has to do with Scytho-Cimmerian branch of Srubna culture.

Yes but in 4700 ybp (2700 BC), in 1900 BC it was in the east of Iran and from this land it went to Europe.
This haplogroup is a downstream of R-Z2122 which has to do with ancient Indo-European tribes of Eastern Europe originated form Srubna culture. It is pinpointed mostly in Europe and to a lesser extent in Central Asia (except R-CTS6 which has Near Eastern branch). I think that the Scytho-Cimmerian branch is a good candidate for most downstreams of Z2122.

This haplogroup is a downstream of R-Z2122 which has to do with ancient Indo-European tribes of Eastern Europe originated form Srubna culture. It is pinpointed mostly in Europe and to a lesser extent in Central Asia (except R-CTS6 which has Near Eastern branch). I think that the Scytho-Cimmerian branch is a good candidate for most downstreams of Z2122.

In 700 BC this haplogroup existed not only in Ukraine but also England, Scotland and Spain: https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-YP4768/ Scytho-Cimmerians didn't live there, I think it relates to Celtic people.

So can we conclude that R-Z93 was not only existed among Indo-Iranians?

It probably existed among Indians but not Iranians, it is meaningless that we talk about Iranians and ignore ancient Persians, Persians who live in the ancient Persian cities in Persia which were built by ancient Persians have almost no R1a but in other some parts of Iran, especially those regions where Turkic people live, R1a has a high frequency.

So can we conclude that R-Z93 was not only existed among Indo-Iranians?

How do we know these people weren't initially Indo-Iranians themselves?

Their SNPs could have been present in both the Steppe and the Middle East - their bearers were not the kind of people whose extended family parked themselves in one single spot over many generations. They probably would have moved around, and with horses could have done so very quickly.

We know related people were in the Southern Urals - although phylogenically, they also fit with the Caucasus/Caspian; and all four closely-related Russian samples given by yfull are scattered across a wide area West of the Urals (Western Pontic Steppe, Eastern Pontic Steppe, Caspian Steppe and the North Caucasus).

Autosomally, Urnfield gives us a further clue, because its best fit appears to have no Middle Eastern contribution and a very slender (3% or so) contribution from the Urals (Sintashta/Meshovskaya). Its other contributors fit best with Vucedol mixed with some Lithuanian Corded Ware, so it looks to me like a Northern people (Baltic States to Urals) who migrated South West and paternally dominated a Central European population.

It is good to mention that Ossetians, the descendents of Scytho-Sarmatians in Russia, have no R1a too, however R1a has a high frequency in other parts of Russia.

Oh dear Lord, R1a-Z93 has nothing to do with the Urnfield culture! Urnfield culture was proto-Celtic, mostly R1b-U152 and R1b-U106 with western R1a minority clades R1a-L664 and R1a-M458.

This thread has been viewed 12926 times.

Back