VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%

Ethnic group
    Italian

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsnake49 View Post
    She could pass in a lot of places, but she looks very Greek to me, particularly in the first picture...very pretty and elegant woman.

Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 10.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    She could pass in a lot of places, but she looks very Greek to me, particularly in the first picture...very pretty and elegant woman.
    She was a very elegant and pretty woman. Was born in the US of European parents and was a local TV personality in the early days of TV.

Veteran5000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 128
    Overall activity: 56.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    Another typical Levantine face. One would assume she fits in Turkey, Aegean islands, Cyprus, South Italy, which is true, but I only see her as typically Levantine.

1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

Quote Originally Posted by Nik View Post
    Another typical Levantine face. One would assume she fits in Turkey, Aegean islands, Cyprus, South Italy, which is true, but I only see her as typically Levantine.
    She doesn't look levantine at all. I would have guessed central italy.
    "As we have already stressed, the mass evacuation of the Albanians from their triangle is the only effective course we can take. In order to relocate a whole people, the first prerequisite is the creation of a suitable psychosis. This can be done in various ways." - Vaso Cubrilovic

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Nik never gets tired of t-rolling. It's like an OCD disorder. He can't help himself, so we should have some compassion. :)

Guest Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Overall activity: 2.0%

She is cute, she smiles, it must be greek...

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

She's 100% Italian. Father from L' Aquila, mother from Calabria! Mother might have some Ancient Greek, Magna Grecia, Sibari blood. In the second pic she's 55 yo.
    Last edited by bigsnake49; 07-08-19 at 03:42.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Nik never gets tired of t-rolling. It's like an OCD disorder. He can't help himself, so we should have some compassion. :)
    Are you bipolar? One day you praise me, another you say I'm t-rolling.

What's with the insult, again? Aren't you the moderator supposed to keep the watch? Same old story with you, then you get hypersensitive and issue infractions.

And who am I t-rolling? Italians? Haven't I always defended Italians? Or haven't I always been anti-Nordicist?

You're all ignorant on the Levantines. Visit Lebanon and then speak. Her eyes are super Levantine.

I'll give you the word only on Ligurians as you can't even act knowledgeable on other Italian regions.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

Are you bipolar? One day you praise me, another you say I'm t-rolling.

What's with the insult, again? Aren't you the moderator supposed to keep the watch? Same old story with you, then you get hypersensitive and issue infractions.

And who am I t-rolling? Italians? Haven't I always defended Italians? Or haven't I always been anti-Nordicist?

You're all ignorant on the Levantines. Visit Lebanon and then speak. Her eyes are super Levantine.

I'll give you the word only on Ligurians as you can't even act knowledgeable on other Italian regions.
    My dear Nik, I praise praiseworthy content. You do provide some, no doubt. I call out nonsense when it's nonsense. I call them as I see them honestly every single time and always have. Not everyone looks at things only through the prism of their own ethnicity, or even worse, some false idea about their own ethnicity.

I have no idea why you have to bring Italians into this. I was sure she was Greek, for goodness' sakes. :)

Some Southern Europeans can overlap with Eastern Mediterranean people phenotypically but you see it in everybody.

That woman honestly doesn't look anything like most Levantines to me. And yes, I have a lot of experience with Southern Italians. I've been married to one for decades, and living in New York I'm surrounded by them, and by Greeks for that matter, and Jews, and I worked for a charity helping Lebanese Christians come to this country. It's not like I'm living in Poland or something.

@BigSnake: "Una bellezza piu greca che italiana. Start at 2:45. :)

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

I love the fact that entire town was supervising them in their walk. The older women in that clip look like they would not look out of place in my hometown.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

My dear Nik, I praise praiseworthy content. You do provide some, no doubt. I call out nonsense when it's nonsense. I call them as I see them honestly every single time and always have. Not everyone looks at things only through the prism of their own ethnicity, or even worse, some false idea about their own ethnicity.

I have no idea why you have to bring Italians into this. I was sure she was Greek, for goodness' sakes. :)

Some Southern Europeans can overlap with Eastern Mediterranean people phenotypically but you see it in everybody.

That woman honestly doesn't look anything like most Levantines to me. And yes, I have a lot of experience with Southern Italians. I've been married to one for decades, and living in New York I'm surrounded by them, and by Greeks for that matter, and Jews, and I worked for a charity helping Lebanese Christians come to this country. It's not like I'm living in Poland or something.
    So why do you fall into the so-called "Balkan level" and assume an entire story behind my post?

I've lived 7 years between the Middle East, Balkans, and Italy, therefore I apply this limited knowledge on the guessing topics.

Before I was like you all, basing my ideas on people I met while growing up in Switzerland or travelling, but now I look back that I was so wrong and I can even tell between Lebanese/Syrians, Iranians, Gulf Arabs, Jordanians, Egyptians, Algerians, etc.

Remember that Greeks are in small numbers compared to Arabs, and they have considerable amount of Albanian, Vlach, Slavic, Pontian, Asia Minor Greeks, Cypriot etc. admixture, reducing the number of "typical Greeks" to half or more. Then among the remaining ones you have the mainland and island types.

That said, when you call an island Greek as typical and I see this specific phenotype very widespread among Arabs and Levanites, I'll obviously called it Arab as they're in considerable higher numbers than just island Greeks for example.

And at the end of the day, it's my opinion and I'm exercising my right to share it. Anyone can agree or disagree without the need to pinpoint possible mental health issues that I might have.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

So why do you fall into the so-called "Balkan level" and assume an entire story behind my post?

I've lived 7 years between the Middle East, Balkans, and Italy, therefore I apply this limited knowledge on the guessing topics.

Before I was like you all, basing my ideas on people I met while growing up in Switzerland or travelling, but now I look back that I was so wrong and I can even tell between Lebanese/Syrians, Iranians, Gulf Arabs, Jordanians, Egyptians, Algerians, etc.

Remember that Greeks are in small numbers compared to Arabs, and they have considerable amount of Albanian, Vlach, Slavic, Pontian, Asia Minor Greeks, Cypriot etc. admixture, reducing the number of "typical Greeks" to half or more. Then among the remaining ones you have the mainland and island types.

That said, when you call an island Greek as typical and I see this specific phenotype very widespread among Arabs and Levanites, I'll obviously called it Arab as they're in considerable higher numbers than just island Greeks for example.

And at the end of the day, it's my opinion and I'm exercising my right to share it. Anyone can agree or disagree without the need to pinpoint possible mental health issues that I might have.
    There is nothing Levantine about her. Now I have met quite a few Lebanese girls in mytime. My son was dating a Lebanese girl for a while. You could have said that she might look Albanian since Albanians, Greeks and Italians, particularly Southern Italians, are very close genetically.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

I love the fact that entire town was supervising them in their walk. The older women in that clip look like they would not look out of place in my hometown.
    Not so long ago all of Southern Italy was like that. When my Dad was in the navy they stationed him in Naples. He asked a girl he met to go to the movies, and when he went to pick her up her two younger sisters were with her. Next thing he knows her brothers are asking when he's going to marry her! He had to go to his superior officers and they reassigned him back up north. :)

They didn't fool around.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

There is nothing Levantine about her. Now I have met quite a few Lebanese girls in mytime. My son was dating a Lebanese girl for a while. You could have said that she might look Albanian since Albanians, Greeks and Italians, particularly Southern Italians, are very close genetically.
    I know more Levantine than Italians with her appearance (based on the first picture). Then again, it's your opinion against mine. Does she look Italian? Of course. Does she look Greek? Of course.

Albanians dont look like most Greeks or South Italians, and Albanians are genetically close to Tuscans and North Italians.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

I know more Levantine than Italians with her appearance (based on the first picture). Then again, it's your opinion against mine. Does she look Italian? Of course. Does she look Greek? Of course.

Albanians dont look like most Greeks or South Italians, and Albanians are genetically close to Tuscans and North Italians.
    ...and yet there are a lot of Arbereshe towns in southern Italy. One of them Spezzano di Albanese is right next door to Terranova di Sibari where her mother came from. For all we know there might be some Arbereshe blood somewhere, since the two towns are so close together. Of course she could have taken after her father's family from L'Aquila.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

...and yet there are a lot of Arbereshe towns in southern Italy. One of them Spezzano di Albanese is right next door to Terranova di Sibari where her mother came from. For all we know there might be some Arbereshe blood somewhere, since the two towns are so close together. Of course she could have taken after her father's family from L'Aquila.
    ...and yet you think the Arbereshe still look Albanian.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    OMG. We get it Nik: to you most Southern Italians and Greeks look Levantine.

Great. Are you done now????

It's a beautiful summer evening and I had to come on here to read this drivel again??? I must be mental.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

OMG. We get it Nik: to you most Southern Italians and Greeks look Levantine.
    Untrue. I've always stated in every topic discussed that Italians look Italians from North to South no matter the phenotypes or pigmentation.

Your intervention was unnecessary too, because Arbereshe look Italian as well.

Are you all offended by the fact that there's resemblance within the Mediterranean, including the Levantines? I don't get it. Would you get so triggered if I guessed her as French or Spanish? Hidden racism much?

Weren't you aware that the Lebanese women were voted as the most beautiful in the world once?

Moderator Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Albanians, are pretty phenotypically diverse. My friend, an Italian guy, is married to one, she's a nice lady. I know her friends who are mostly Albanian too. I went to their wedding, and I noticed this. His wife has light features, but there were indeed some that looked a darker, in hair, eyes, and skin-tone. I think the same phenotypic-diversity can be observed in all Italians, and Greeks, in general. imo

In terms of genetics, Albanians overlap with Thessaloniki Greeks more than anyone. More than Tuscans, or North Italians.

1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 40.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post

In terms of genetics, Albanians overlap with Thessaloniki Greeks more than anyone. More than Tuscans, or North Italians.
    Yes I often see this on calculators and such and have wondered for a long time what this is picking up on. From my anecdotal observation i especially see Kosovo Albanians getting the thessaloniki results, and this baffled me considering Kosovo Albanians were among the most isolated/rural and had no real deep interactions with thessaloniki.

My conclusion is that it must be ancient shared Dardanian/Macedonian ancestry.

Shkupi is considered the Dardanian capital by many archeologists, and the ancient Macedonian capital and Shkupi were naturally one ecosystem connected by the Vardar Valley and river. Populations would have easily moved from Shkupi to Pella and vice-versa and must have interacted.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-M269 (LDNA)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a1b

Ethnic group
    Thracian

In some of the oracles on different calculators, Kossovars are usually the second ethnicity I am closest to.

Moderator Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Level
    Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Overall activity: 99.3%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Untrue. I've always stated in every topic discussed that Italians look Italians from North to South no matter the phenotypes or pigmentation.
    Your intervention was unnecessary too, because Arbereshe look Italian as well.
    Are you all offended by the fact that there's resemblance within the Mediterranean, including the Levantines? I don't get it. Would you get so triggered if I guessed her as French or Spanish? Hidden racism much?
    Weren't you aware that the Lebanese women were voted as the most beautiful in the world once?
    I'm trying to wrap my head around what you mean. Looking "levantine" is rather dubious. I don't think levantine people look uniform. There's phenotypic diversity in that region too. Also of course there is some resemblence, the Levant shares some overlapping populations, like copper age Anatolian. As well as incursions from later groups coming in from the west, like philistines, greeks, and Romans. There is no hidden racism, but now that I think of it, didn't you accuse me of acting like a mafioso, for asking you to behave in the forum? It sounds like you may have something against southern Italians.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 5.0%

In some of the oracles on different calculators, Kossovars are usually the second ethnicity I am closest to.

Same here. More pronounced if one has ancestry from Thrace...on some calculators Kosovar or Thessalonian Greek or Macedonian would pop up before Bulgarian. Johane Derite may be right on this but it is just a part of the whole story it seems.

P.S. The lady looked completely Greek to me.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

Ethnic group
    Albanian

Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I'm trying to wrap my head around what you mean. Looking "levantine" is rather dubious. I don't think levantine people look uniform. There's phenotypic diversity in that region too. Also of course there is some resemblence, the Levant shares some overlapping populations, like copper age Anatolian. As well as incursions from later groups coming in from the west, like philistines, greeks, and Romans. There is no hidden racism, but now that I think of it, didn't you accuse me of acting like a mafioso, for asking you to behave in the forum? It sounds like you may have something against southern Italians.
    No people on earth nowadays looks uniform, it's just that her phenotype (based on the first black and white picture) looks very widespread among Levantine to me personally after having more contact than the other posters in this topic.

If you post more pictures or a Levantine poster dismisses my opinion, I'll take a step back I don't care.

The "hidden racism" was not directed to you but to bigsnake and Angela especially for insulting me because I simply shared my opinion.

I guessed her as Levantine before she was revealed to be Italian and I was attacked for being anti-Italian. Where's the logic?

As for you, I got nothing against you but you did unfairly issue an infraction to me before although I don't remember why.

I don't hate South Italians, on the contrary they're my favourite Italians together with Sardinians and I dislike and oppose the weakness that modern North Italy is showing, especially in politics, internal and external.

I also don't dislike mafiosos, on the contrary I find common ground with many of them from the circumstances of our upbringing due to the bureaucratic societies of the Western world. Even if I did hate them, you're far from being one and personally I think generalizing is a major sign of low IQ.

Oltretutto io sono cresciuto in mezzo agli italiani ed ogni volta che visito l'Italia mi sento come se fossi a casa, e non per i musei, ristoranti o centri commerciali ma piuttosto per lo stile di vita.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast