bigsnake49

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Thracian
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-PF7558 (LDNA)
mtDNA haplogroup
U5a1b
She could pass in a lot of places, but she looks very Greek to me, particularly in the first picture...very pretty and elegant woman.

She was a very elegant and pretty woman. Was born in the US of European parents and was a local TV personality in the early days of TV.

Another typical Levantine face. One would assume she fits in Turkey, Aegean islands, Cyprus, South Italy, which is true, but I only see her as typically Levantine.

Another typical Levantine face. One would assume she fits in Turkey, Aegean islands, Cyprus, South Italy, which is true, but I only see her as typically Levantine.

She doesn't look levantine at all. I would have guessed central italy.

Nik never gets tired of t-rolling. It's like an OCD disorder. He can't help himself, so we should have some compassion. :)

She is cute, she smiles, it must be greek... ;)

She's 100% Italian. Father from L' Aquila, mother from Calabria! Mother might have some Ancient Greek, Magna Grecia, Sibari blood. In the second pic she's 55 yo.

Last edited:
Nik never gets tired of t-rolling. It's like an OCD disorder. He can't help himself, so we should have some compassion. :)
Are you bipolar? One day you praise me, another you say I'm t-rolling.

What's with the insult, again? Aren't you the moderator supposed to keep the watch? Same old story with you, then you get hypersensitive and issue infractions.

And who am I t-rolling? Italians? Haven't I always defended Italians? Or haven't I always been anti-Nordicist?

You're all ignorant on the Levantines. Visit Lebanon and then speak. Her eyes are super Levantine.

I'll give you the word only on Ligurians as you can't even act knowledgeable on other Italian regions.

Are you bipolar? One day you praise me, another you say I'm t-rolling.

What's with the insult, again? Aren't you the moderator supposed to keep the watch? Same old story with you, then you get hypersensitive and issue infractions.

And who am I t-rolling? Italians? Haven't I always defended Italians? Or haven't I always been anti-Nordicist?

You're all ignorant on the Levantines. Visit Lebanon and then speak. Her eyes are super Levantine.

I'll give you the word only on Ligurians as you can't even act knowledgeable on other Italian regions.

My dear Nik, I praise praiseworthy content. You do provide some, no doubt. I call out nonsense when it's nonsense. I call them as I see them honestly every single time and always have. Not everyone looks at things only through the prism of their own ethnicity, or even worse, some false idea about their own ethnicity.

I have no idea why you have to bring Italians into this. I was sure she was Greek, for goodness' sakes. :)

Some Southern Europeans can overlap with Eastern Mediterranean people phenotypically but you see it in everybody.

That woman honestly doesn't look anything like most Levantines to me. And yes, I have a lot of experience with Southern Italians. I've been married to one for decades, and living in New York I'm surrounded by them, and by Greeks for that matter, and Jews, and I worked for a charity helping Lebanese Christians come to this country. It's not like I'm living in Poland or something.

@BigSnake: "Una bellezza piu greca che italiana. Start at 2:45. :)

I love the fact that entire town was supervising them in their walk:LOL:. The older women in that clip look like they would not look out of place in my hometown.

My dear Nik, I praise praiseworthy content. You do provide some, no doubt. I call out nonsense when it's nonsense. I call them as I see them honestly every single time and always have. Not everyone looks at things only through the prism of their own ethnicity, or even worse, some false idea about their own ethnicity.

I have no idea why you have to bring Italians into this. I was sure she was Greek, for goodness' sakes. :)

Some Southern Europeans can overlap with Eastern Mediterranean people phenotypically but you see it in everybody.

That woman honestly doesn't look anything like most Levantines to me. And yes, I have a lot of experience with Southern Italians. I've been married to one for decades, and living in New York I'm surrounded by them, and by Greeks for that matter, and Jews, and I worked for a charity helping Lebanese Christians come to this country. It's not like I'm living in Poland or something.
So why do you fall into the so-called "Balkan level" and assume an entire story behind my post?

I've lived 7 years between the Middle East, Balkans, and Italy, therefore I apply this limited knowledge on the guessing topics.

Before I was like you all, basing my ideas on people I met while growing up in Switzerland or travelling, but now I look back that I was so wrong and I can even tell between Lebanese/Syrians, Iranians, Gulf Arabs, Jordanians, Egyptians, Algerians, etc.

Remember that Greeks are in small numbers compared to Arabs, and they have considerable amount of Albanian, Vlach, Slavic, Pontian, Asia Minor Greeks, Cypriot etc. admixture, reducing the number of "typical Greeks" to half or more. Then among the remaining ones you have the mainland and island types.

That said, when you call an island Greek as typical and I see this specific phenotype very widespread among Arabs and Levanites, I'll obviously called it Arab as they're in considerable higher numbers than just island Greeks for example.

And at the end of the day, it's my opinion and I'm exercising my right to share it. Anyone can agree or disagree without the need to pinpoint possible mental health issues that I might have.

So why do you fall into the so-called "Balkan level" and assume an entire story behind my post?

I've lived 7 years between the Middle East, Balkans, and Italy, therefore I apply this limited knowledge on the guessing topics.

Before I was like you all, basing my ideas on people I met while growing up in Switzerland or travelling, but now I look back that I was so wrong and I can even tell between Lebanese/Syrians, Iranians, Gulf Arabs, Jordanians, Egyptians, Algerians, etc.

Remember that Greeks are in small numbers compared to Arabs, and they have considerable amount of Albanian, Vlach, Slavic, Pontian, Asia Minor Greeks, Cypriot etc. admixture, reducing the number of "typical Greeks" to half or more. Then among the remaining ones you have the mainland and island types.

That said, when you call an island Greek as typical and I see this specific phenotype very widespread among Arabs and Levanites, I'll obviously called it Arab as they're in considerable higher numbers than just island Greeks for example.

And at the end of the day, it's my opinion and I'm exercising my right to share it. Anyone can agree or disagree without the need to pinpoint possible mental health issues that I might have.

There is nothing Levantine about her. Now I have met quite a few Lebanese girls in mytime. My son was dating a Lebanese girl for a while. You could have said that she might look Albanian since Albanians, Greeks and Italians, particularly Southern Italians, are very close genetically.

I love the fact that entire town was supervising them in their walk:LOL:. The older women in that clip look like they would not look out of place in my hometown.

Not so long ago all of Southern Italy was like that. When my Dad was in the navy they stationed him in Naples. He asked a girl he met to go to the movies, and when he went to pick her up her two younger sisters were with her. Next thing he knows her brothers are asking when he's going to marry her! He had to go to his superior officers and they reassigned him back up north. :)

They didn't fool around.

There is nothing Levantine about her. Now I have met quite a few Lebanese girls in mytime. My son was dating a Lebanese girl for a while. You could have said that she might look Albanian since Albanians, Greeks and Italians, particularly Southern Italians, are very close genetically.
I know more Levantine than Italians with her appearance (based on the first picture). Then again, it's your opinion against mine. Does she look Italian? Of course. Does she look Greek? Of course.

Albanians dont look like most Greeks or South Italians, and Albanians are genetically close to Tuscans and North Italians.

I know more Levantine than Italians with her appearance (based on the first picture). Then again, it's your opinion against mine. Does she look Italian? Of course. Does she look Greek? Of course.

Albanians dont look like most Greeks or South Italians, and Albanians are genetically close to Tuscans and North Italians.

...and yet there are a lot of Arbereshe towns in southern Italy. One of them Spezzano di Albanese is right next door to Terranova di Sibari where her mother came from. For all we know there might be some Arbereshe blood somewhere, since the two towns are so close together. Of course she could have taken after her father's family from L'Aquila.

...and yet there are a lot of Arbereshe towns in southern Italy. One of them Spezzano di Albanese is right next door to Terranova di Sibari where her mother came from. For all we know there might be some Arbereshe blood somewhere, since the two towns are so close together. Of course she could have taken after her father's family from L'Aquila.
...and yet you think the Arbereshe still look Albanian.

OMG. We get it Nik: to you most Southern Italians and Greeks look Levantine.

Great. Are you done now????

It's a beautiful summer evening and I had to come on here to read this drivel again??? I must be mental.

OMG. We get it Nik: to you most Southern Italians and Greeks look Levantine.
Untrue. I've always stated in every topic discussed that Italians look Italians from North to South no matter the phenotypes or pigmentation.

Your intervention was unnecessary too, because Arbereshe look Italian as well.

Are you all offended by the fact that there's resemblance within the Mediterranean, including the Levantines? I don't get it. Would you get so triggered if I guessed her as French or Spanish? Hidden racism much?

Weren't you aware that the Lebanese women were voted as the most beautiful in the world once?

Albanians, are pretty phenotypically diverse. My friend, an Italian guy, is married to one, she's a nice lady. I know her friends who are mostly Albanian too. I went to their wedding, and I noticed this. His wife has light features, but there were indeed some that looked a darker, in hair, eyes, and skin-tone. I think the same phenotypic-diversity can be observed in all Italians, and Greeks, in general. imo

In terms of genetics, Albanians overlap with Thessaloniki Greeks more than anyone. More than Tuscans, or North Italians.

This thread has been viewed 15618 times.

Back