Nature The Amazon is burning.

LABERIA

Banned
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Albanian
Nearly all of Earth's oxygen originated in the oceans, and there is enough of it to last for millions of years.

Questionable claim on the Amazon rainforest producing 20% of our planet’s oxygen.

Even if all organic matter on Earth were burned at once, less than 1% of the world’s oxygen would be consumed.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/scienc...nt-deplete-the-earths-oxygen-supply-heres-why

Scientifically speaking, you are right Salento. I did not vote for Bolsonano and I systematically oppose him. I am against burning and predatory forest exploitation, as are most Brazilians. But the fact is that Macron is playing for the internal audience and trying to carry with him the other G7 members together. It takes advantage of the tragedy provoked by some unscrupulous ranchers to try to veto the EU-Mercusul agreement that would flood the European market with meat, maize, soybeans, cotton, wheat, wine, olive oil and so on produced at much lower costs than those practiced by French farmers and their inexplicable inefficiency (low productivity) always guaranteed by the high subsidies of the French government that make them true civil servants. Bolsonaro is an idiot, but Macron wants to polemise to divert attention from the internal problems his government faces. He should first worry about the own internal problems of France, as the yellow jackets, for example. Macron is giving Bolsonaro the fuel he needs to try to regain his popularity by seeking help in a stupid nationalism that invokes supposedly interests from foreign powers who would like to expropriate the Amazon from the Brazilians and internationalize it as if it were a great Antarctica. Greetings.

Scientifically speaking, you are right Salento. I did not vote for Bolsonano and I systematically oppose him. I am against burning and predatory forest exploitation, as are most Brazilians. But the fact is that Macron is playing for the internal audience and trying to carry with him the other G7 members together. It takes advantage of the tragedy provoked by some unscrupulous ranchers to try to veto the EU-Mercusul agreement that would flood the European market with meat, maize, soybeans, cotton, wheat, wine, olive oil and so on produced at much lower costs than those practiced by French farmers and their inexplicable inefficiency (low productivity) always guaranteed by the high subsidies of the French government that make them true civil servants. Bolsonaro is an idiot, but Macron wants to polemise to divert attention from the internal problems his government faces. He should first worry about the own internal problems of France, as the yellow jackets, for example. Macron is giving Bolsonaro the fuel he needs to try to regain his popularity by seeking help in a stupid nationalism that invokes supposedly interests from foreign powers who would like to expropriate the Amazon from the Brazilians and internationalize it as if it were a great Antarctica. Greetings.

Totally agree with you, Duarte! Bolsonaro's total disinterest in the environment and his stupid words about Macron's wife serve the French ruler as an excuse for not signing the Mercosur-EU trade agreement.
And I want to add one more thing. Not only the Amazon rainforest of Brazil is burning, but also the part that corresponds to Bolivia. Bolivian President Evo Morales recently authorized increasing the burning area to increase farmland. But it is less noticeable since Morales, because of his characteristics (because of his Native American origin, because he is a leftist) is "more sympathetic" to the "politically correct" people, than the brutal Bolsonaro ...

This thread has been viewed 11160 times.

Back