Joey37

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Celto-Germanic
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1a-YP445
mtDNA haplogroup
J1c2b
Guess the ethnicity of my grandfathers, born three months apart in the early Great Depression, one in Chicago, another in central Rhode Island.IMG_0812.jpg grampadeadbeat.jpg

celtic, so another in central Rhode Island seems to be related with elite druid.

17265962-0-image-a-29_1565778545174.jpg

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/39081-Face-of-Druid-woman

Actually the one on the right is from Chicago, and the one on the left from Rhode Island (and descended from Samuel Gorton, founder of Warwick, Rhode Island, where he lived for part of his life), and you're not wrong, although that isn't the entirety of his make-up.

Is there some Polish in there?

Ooh, so close, my Dad's stepfather was Polish, but his biological father was half-German, half-Irish, and from Chicago. His father's four grandparents were all born in the Palatinate, Germany, and were Lutherans. My maternal grandfather was 100% English, a direct male-line descendant of the last man in England to be burned to death for his religious beliefs, and besides Samuel Gorton was also descended from Anne Hutchinson, through her daughter Susanna Hutchinson Cole, who settled in our native Rhode Island after marrying John Cole. Hey which one of my grandfathers do I resemble?View attachment 11380

Your chin and eye shape seem to be more like those of the man in the picture on the right, but face shape, nose etc. bear more resemblance to the man on the left. I'm assuming the darker hair and eye color came from the maternal side.

What's the other quarter?

Quarter? No, one grandfather is all English while the other is half German and half Irish. My mother is more like her father and me in hair and eyes, but my maternal uncle takes after his mother's side-looks like his grandfather, blue eyes and blond hair like his grandmother. My father and his two brothers have dark hair like their parents, my Nana being dark haired from her Sicily born paternal grandparents, and their children are all brown/black haired. (In childhood my cousins were as dark haired as they are now, while my brother and sister were baby blondes-as was my father, which surprised me when I found out-and my hair lightened considerably in the sun during the summertime)

This thread has been viewed 5005 times.

Back