Formation of Human Populations in Central and South Asia

How do you think about Aryan marker Z93?

I think subclade was not mutated as we know like a process of "R-M198>M417>Z645>Z93." Looks like scythian R1a m513 be directly mutated into Z93 w/o that process. So I think south asian z93 could originate in R1a m513, not in Z645, like scythian.
Even if Z645 is upstream of z93, maybe CWC Z645 could not be mutated into Z93 in reality. That is why I think modern european barely has R1a- z93.

in this work, we first aim to address the question of the familial and social organization of scytho-siberian groups by studying the genetic relationship of 29 individuals from the aldy-bel and sagly cultures using autosomal strs. (…) were obtained from 5 archeological sites located in the valley of the eerbek river in tuva republic, russia (fig. 1). y-chromosome haplogroups were first assigned using the isogg 2018 nomenclature. in order to improve the precision of haplogroup definition, we also analyzed a set of y-chromosome snp (supplementary table 2). nine samples belonged to the r1a-m513 haplogroup (defined by marker m513) and two of these nine samples were characterized as belonging to the r1a1a1b2-z93 haplogroup or one of its subclades. six samples belonged to the q1b1a-l54 haplogroup and five of these six samples belonged to the q1b1a3-l330 subclade. one sample belonged to the n-m231 haplogroup. in the same way, although two groups, of two and three individuals, shared haplotypes belonging to the r1a-m513 haplogroup, these groups likely include a father/son pair (arz-t2 and arz-t12). therefore, among nine r1a-m513 men, we found six independent haplotypes, one being present in two independent instances. all r1a-m513 haplotypes, however, including those attributed to the r1a1a1b2-z93 subclade, only differed by one-step mutations, across 5 loci at most. all r1a-m513 individuals were buried on the same site, eki-ottug 2, in a single kurgan.

So Z93 could be of 2 different lineages of R1a? or M513 would be a SNP not already detected in ancient lineages of Z93?
I dont know how to interprete the term "attributed" in the ast lines of the abstract you put here. Is it to say that the previously termed Z93 haplo's were in fact M513 and not Z93??? I'm confused.

who would have thought to find I2A and rare e-m123* in north pakistan :shocked:
it is realy a surprise
about e-y31991
if it was a farmer haplogroup why does it is so low in modern day compared to the m78 branch the e-v13 group ?

to find Y-I2a(I2a2?) in N-Pakistan is really not a surprise at all. There were found among Steppes pop's of Central-Eastern Europe

Ok thanks for correction ,
Didnt know that
i am no expert
so i2a came from the north to pakistan
And what do you think about the e-m123*do you it came from the north or from west asia iran?

Last edited:
Ok thanks for correction ,
Didnt know that
i am no expert
so i2a came from the north to pakistan
And what do you think about the e-m123*do you it came from the north or from west asia iran?
There's not many alternatives.

Either it was there before, in which case you'd have to connect it to an Iranian_HG-related branch that had split over ten thousand years from the original branch, and you'd be likely forced to assign yDNA E to Iranian-related ancestry rather than (distant) Levant_N/Iberomurusian ancestry. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gGCc7wOo.../s1600/Harappan_genome_graphical_abstract.jpg
Or it arrived with BMAC, which goes against Narasimhan's study because they found no such ancestry in Swat Valley IA samples.
Or it arrived from the Steppe with Sintashta-related groups, likely acquired from their EEF-side. This was what Narasimhan suggested.

There's not many alternatives.

Either it was there before, in which case you'd have to connect it to an Iranian_HG-related branch that had split over ten thousand years from the original branch, and you'd be likely forced to assign yDNA E to Iranian-related ancestry rather than (distant) Levant_N/Iberomurusian ancestry. https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gGCc7wOo.../s1600/Harappan_genome_graphical_abstract.jpg
Or it arrived with BMAC, which goes against Narasimhan's study because they found no such ancestry in Swat Valley IA samples.
Or it arrived from the Steppe with Sintashta-related groups, likely acquired from their EEF-side. This was what Narasimhan suggested.

if you speak on iranian related ancestery that might be connected although i go with the levant neolithic and north african Mesolithic
as a better source given the natufian were e-z830 and the iranian hunters were haplogroup j

if you speak on iranian related ancestery that might be connected although i go with the levant neolithic and north african Mesolithic
as a better source given the natufian were e-z830 and the iranian hunters were haplogroup j

Yes, I do aswell, which is why it almost certainly could not have been present in Swat before the LBA/IA. Unfortunetly we're not really certain which subclade they were, and to make things worse M123* is very rare today and likely wasn't very common in the past either...so finding its original source is like finding a needle in a hay stack. It's possible we may never know

Yes, I do aswell, which is why it almost certainly could not have been present in Swat before the LBA/IA. Unfortunetly we're not really certain which subclade they were, and to make things worse M123* is very rare today and likely wasn't very common in the past either...so finding its original source is like finding a needle in a hay stack. It's possible we may never
know

we need a larger samples of ancient dna remains , and a bit of luck
i agree :)

This thread has been viewed 27935 times.

Back