North Italians have small faces and weak chins? Don't think so.

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Just like Arabs, according to one of the "experts" who normally posts at anthrogenica.

Have any of these people ever been to Northern Italy? They certainly have never been to Emilia Romagna or Lombardia or even the Lunigiana or Liguria or Toscana.

7058224-3x2-940x627.jpg

101937_benito_mussolini_duce.jpg

70-maccheroni5.jpg

56ac2da50f8f36d269a1d03fb9e9babd-020-U43000160016241a7G-143x120@Corriere-Print-Nazionale.jpg

Ty580Y9.png

H5JcJG1.png

If you want predominantly small med types I suggest you try Spain or Portugal.

also have they ever seen arabs? they have no weak chins at all. at least not more common than elsewhere.

Small Heads and Recessed Chins are not racial or ethnic characteristics, it is found in all ethnics around the world.

That website is being, slowly but steadily, taken over by the usual suspects.

My paternal great-grandfather (Bologna and Romagna roots, at the end of XIX/beginning of XX century).

I'm sorry for the anthrofellows, but I'd say not very fitting to pass for Arab with weak chin ;)

1376506_10202353957109670_1322591683_n.jpg

North & Central Italians and Iberians are each other's closest genetic relatives within Europe (and South Italians are more closely related only to Greeks and Albanians before Iberians). You (Italians & Iberians) are not that different from each other, or at least Italians are more similar to Iberians than to any other European nation. I don't understand this animosity between you guys?

North & Central Italians and Iberians are each other's closest genetic relatives within Europe (and South Italians are more closely related only to Greeks and Albanians before Iberians). You (Italians & Iberians) are not that different from each other, or at least Italians are more similar to Iberians than to any other European nation. I don't understand this animosity between you guys?

What animosity? I spent a summer semester in Barcelona, traveled all over Spain and have been back since, once on my honeymoon, and loved it and its people. Had things developed differently I might have stayed. :)

You really shouldn't mistake the attitudes of t-rolls on the internet, often of the nordicist variety, of whatever nationality, for reality. There is no animosity between Spaniards and Italians. Far from it, I assure you.

What I said is factually accurate. Spain and Portugal have a lot more small med than Northern Italy does. Not only the "old" anthropologists said so, but I can attest to it first hand. Northern Italy has few "actual" small meds. It's almost always mixed with Atlanto, Alpine, Dinarid etc., even some "cromagnid". Nothing wrong with either "type"; they're just different.

@Tomenable, I've never had an issue with Iberians in any of my personal experiences. Portugal was really a beautiful country; the people were very nice when I went. Sometimes I wonder if something stupid like futbol/soccer rivalries are causing this issue to manifest on these forums; thus all the T-rolls that come here.

Fwiw, the closest thing to racist pro-iberian and anti-Italian rhetoric I've heard in real life came from mestizo/mullato Puerto Ricans. (Fyi, many i know aren't though. For the record, some of my close friends growing up were Puerto Rican.)

Nor I have ever had to question with Iberians. Indeed, I have often appreciated them, particularly the Portugueses, whose nature is often very meditative and polite (not for nothing Pessoa was one of them). It's something that is perpetuated even in several of their descendants in Brazil, and I was lucky enough to attend a beautiful Brazilian woman, whose family is originally from Porto, with the same character

Sent from my SM-J730F using Eupedia Forum mobile app

Well, I'm married to a half "Iberian", or "Portuguese" (Brazilian), and have a son with her, so... :)

My cousin is married to a Brazilian, who is Portuguese and partly Italian. He is a really nice guy too. He is one of us, and all this nonsense on the internet has no place in reality.

For what it's worth, as Ailchu pointed out above, I don't know where this person got the idea that "Arabs" as a whole are small faced and "weak" chinned. Just because somebody's chin doesn't just out doesn't necessarily mean it's weak.

Nobody is more "Arab" than the Saudis. The Levant is a mix.
0.jpg

Bedouins:
dd596c276c755eebfcbe4d9cf39a3635.jpg

5464f1c98d2b8605d589ddef02771b8c.jpg

Also, to be clear, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the small med phenotype. In fact, if this is what the person meant by small faced and weak-chinned men, brother bring it on. He's breathtakingly gorgeous imo, almost too beautiful for a man.

vn.jpg

Last edited:
They didn't get the idea that Arabs are "small chinned" from anywhere. They don't like Arabs, they don't like Italians, they don't like Levantines, they don't like anyone who isn't an "ubermensch" so they do their best to make things up about them to get an "amen" from others with the same level of hatred

I don’t think that Iberians have small faces and weak chins. At least a I think that I don’t have. Sorry me the narcissism to post my own pics, but I could not resist the opportunity, LOL. My wife is italo-Brazilian and my son is a Brazilian half-Italian charmous. No rivalry. I love the Italians. Most of my friends are Italian descendants because I was born and raised in the most Italian neighborhood of Belo Horizonte: Santa Tereza. All the families on the street where I lived my early childhood and pre-adolescence were Italian.

BFke4tf.jpg

OhttLI1.jpg

LBfenW7.jpg

For what it's worth, as Ailchu pointed out above, I don't know where this person got the idea that "Arabs" as a whole are small faced and "weak" chinned. Just because somebody's chin doesn't just out doesn't necessarily mean it's weak.

Nobody is more "Arab" than the Saudis. The Levant is a mix.
0.jpg

Bedouins:
dd596c276c755eebfcbe4d9cf39a3635.jpg

5464f1c98d2b8605d589ddef02771b8c.jpg

Also, to be clear, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the small med phenotype. In fact, if this is what the person meant by small faced and weak-chinned men, brother bring it on. He's breathtakingly gorgeous imo, almost too beautiful for a man.

vn.jpg

No but he was just wrong. Even if he though mingle all North Italians as Alpine Type and some Arabs as Armenid Type. So by " Small Heads " he probably meant Brachycephaly, wich is not found in all Italians and a big minority in Arabs, but some Syrians that have ties with Armenid Type. And recessed chins i'm pretty sure have something to do with environnemental factors because it's literally found everywhere, from Africans to Native Americans.

I have never heard about anti-italian in Spain. My grandfather, his brothers and my grandfather-in-law and his brothers fought in the Spanish Civil War and both said Italians were very friendly and funny , marvellous partners, although they didn't want to fight side by side with them because they didn't trust about their bravery (Italians were fighting in a foreign war, so it's comprensible).
Many Spaniards dislike English people very much, this is true, the same but in much less level about France. Italians, Portugueses and Germans are people liked by Spaniards.
I believe those are old prejudices.
One brother of my grandfather fought in Leningrade with the Wehrmacht and was taken prisoner by the Soviets, he was in different prisoners camps with many soldiers from very different European countries in extremely difficult circumstances. This man always said nationality is the less important thing, the soul of a man has not nationality. All his life he was against Soviets, but he always said very beautiful things about russian people.

Many Spaniards dislike English people very much, this is true, the same but in much less level about France.

Really? Why's that? I'd never heard that the Spanish disliked the French. In any case, from what I can tell, the French quite like Spain and the Spanish. Spain is a favourite destination of the French.

TardisBlue, I believe in Spain there is an old terrible memory about the French Invasion between 1808 and 1814. It was a horrible war for the common people. French troops behavior was terrible. This war and its consequences supposed 100 years of delay for Spain, the country sttepped back, losing almost all the Spanish provinces in America (the richest of the Spanish Empire and the richest of the whole America as well), destructions of every factory or industry by French and English, and subsequently several civil wars along XIX century. Spain became completely destroyed. In some manner, there is still a little chill with the French, mainly in the NorthEast.

Today I believe things like tourism, Erasmus and free working along the EU have been marvellous to completely forget old chills between countries. Many young people has lived out of his/her country for a while, and this is very important to meet ones each others and see we are the same people with the same worries and wishes... just different language and little things.

The case of the English is different. There are two peoples dispased by many Spaniards: English and Moors. No hatred, just contempt.

Last edited:
Just like Arabs, according to one of the "experts" who normally posts at anthrogenica.

Have any of these people ever been to Northern Italy? They certainly have never been to Emilia Romagna or Lombardia or even the Lunigiana or Liguria or Toscana.

I no more take part too often in these threads.
It seems some people have read (like me) some old books about physical anthropology (a science which merits to be improved rather than to be left off, as a complementary field) But I doubt they have tried by themselves to observe different people at a big enough scale, at the regional and individual levels, to make out the diversity and the ressemblances, out of the dogma's.

This thread has been viewed 17646 times.

Back