Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 33 of 33

Thread: Living DNA results (I'm German + Lebanese Christian) & I got some interesting results

  1. #26
    Regular Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    22-04-19
    Posts
    55
    Points
    928
    Level
    7
    Points: 928, Level: 7
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 1.0%


    Country: Croatia



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    How do you explain the inconsistency of his components on the gedmatch spreadsheets, to his alleged ancestry? It isn't adding up.

    Someone that is 50% east Asian and 50% irish, would probably plot with Indians. It doesn't mean they're composed of the same source populations.
    maybe all Southeast Germans don't have much of the North Sea component.
    his relatives in the one-to-many matching really seem to be German and Lebanese. if his German relatives are also med influenced, than that's it.

  2. #27
    Moderator Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger First Class1 year registered50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    Jovialis's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-05-17
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,820
    Points
    90,443
    Level
    93
    Points: 90,443, Level: 93
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 807
    Overall activity: 99.3%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a1a2b1 (R-F1794)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: United States



    Idk, Seems like a stretch, I'm not buying it.
    ‚Äč

  3. #28
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-09-19
    Posts
    14
    Points
    103
    Level
    1
    Points: 103, Level: 1
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U7

    Country: Finland



    Quote Originally Posted by voloh View Post
    some Austrians get a result like "Ukrainian+Spanish" on the oracles on gedmatch. very little Germanic influence.
    so it's completely possible that your mother from Southeast Germany gets shown as "French Basque+West German"

    this is you
    13 French_Basque + Lebanese_Druze + Lebanese_Druze + West_German @ 5.446012

    so you are like 50% Lebanese Druze, and 50% Southeast German (which gets shown as 25% West German, 25% French Basque)
    That's useful and interesting information concerning the Austrians' result.
    Yes maybe the family started in Southeast Germany at some point.

    So you have more confidence in the #13 even though its drift score is higher? It is interesting that it chooses Lebanese Druze, instead of Christian, but perhaps there is a fine line between those two (I don't really know much about Druze except they are ever more insular than the Christians).

    edit:

    I want to add a note that mtDNA haplogroup U7, according to LivingDNA is a group which has to do with the Hallstatt culture that centered around Austria.

  4. #29
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-09-19
    Posts
    14
    Points
    103
    Level
    1
    Points: 103, Level: 1
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U7

    Country: Finland



    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    Idk, Seems like a stretch, I'm not buying it.
    Do you think there is something wrong with my autosomal file that LivingDNA gave me?
    Perhaps I should let them know?

    Also, I have recently emailed them concerning the results, asking them why they scored me as 24% Near East with Armenian instead of Levantine.

    Jovialis, have you seen cases as strange as mine before?

  5. #30
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    30-04-18
    Posts
    110
    Points
    3,275
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,275, Level: 16
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 175
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: United Kingdom



    Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    Jovialis, have you seen cases as strange as mine before?

    LivingDNA's Ancestry Estimates are perhaps the worst ever produced by a test company. LivingDNa only works well with people of British descent of whom it has a large number of samples and related ethnic groups, otherwise LivingDNa has so far shown that it is not able to correct its mistakes.

    The results of LivingDNA are against the same peer reviewed studies, LivingDNA has hundreds of samples for the British but does not have samples for many other ethnic groups. In fact, according to LivingDNA the average Levantine comes out as a half European, this is absolutely not true and correct. In your case, it's even more complicated, since you're from mixed ancestry.

  6. #31
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class100 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-09-19
    Posts
    14
    Points
    103
    Level
    1
    Points: 103, Level: 1
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Overall activity: 25.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J2
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U7

    Country: Finland



    Quote Originally Posted by brick View Post
    LivingDNA's Ancestry Estimates are perhaps the worst ever produced by a test company. LivingDNa only works well with people of British descent of whom it has a large number of samples and related ethnic groups, otherwise LivingDNa has so far shown that it is not able to correct its mistakes.

    The results of LivingDNA are against the same peer reviewed studies, LivingDNA has hundreds of samples for the British but does not have samples for many other ethnic groups. In fact, according to LivingDNA the average Levantine comes out as a half European, this is absolutely not true and correct. In your case, it's even more complicated, since you're from mixed ancestry.
    Feels like wasted money then, but I decided to go with that company based on the review found on this website.

    https://www.eupedia.com/genetics/whi...#best_dna_test

    Could you recommend a different one? Thanks for the help.

  7. #32
    Regular Member Achievements:
    500 Experience Points3 months registered

    Join Date
    22-04-19
    Posts
    55
    Points
    928
    Level
    7
    Points: 928, Level: 7
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 1.0%


    Country: Croatia



    Quote Originally Posted by Alaric View Post
    That's useful and interesting information concerning the Austrians' result.
    Yes maybe the family started in Southeast Germany at some point.

    So you have more confidence in the #13 even though its drift score is higher? It is interesting that it chooses Lebanese Druze, instead of Christian, but perhaps there is a fine line between those two (I don't really know much about Druze except they are ever more insular than the Christians).

    edit:

    I want to add a note that mtDNA haplogroup U7, according to LivingDNA is a group which has to do with the Hallstatt culture that centered around Austria.
    sorry.. i meant soutwest Germany, not southeast
    i wanted to say even Austrians and surrounding areas get some Spanish, French, Basque on gedmatch, because of the Celtic influence, so it makes sense that somebody from southwest Germany gets 50% French Basque

    there is nothing wrong with your autosomal file . it's the admixture percentages livingdna gave to you which are bad. but i don't know which company is good anymore. i think gedmatch which is a free tool is better than any of the companies.

  8. #33
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    kingjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-09-16
    Posts
    247
    Points
    5,117
    Level
    21
    Points: 5,117, Level: 21
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 433
    Overall activity: 21.0%


    Country: Uruguay



    Maybe the 6% north italy he gets could be from his southwest german heritage also ...

    p.s
    i myself score 12% north italy in my living dna report
    both in complete or standard mode it could be roman dna
    Last edited by kingjohn; 13-09-19 at 16:46.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •