Rome as a genetic melting pot: Population dynamics over 12,000 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
drip... drip... drip ...

At this point, if anyone has it, just lick everything and get it over with.

Then his source wouldn't leak to him anymore. :)

He'd make a good public relations person, our Davidski, or a Democrat on the Hill.:) Don't show the actual document, just get your interpretation out there first so you can mold opinion, hoping anyone having a different interpretation won't even get air time later on.

I'm not even going to read him. During his few appearances here in the past he proved he either doesn't have very good reading comprehension, which is indeed possible, or he deliberately distorts everything he reads in order to support his own agenda. I won't be bothered reading someone whose every utterance has to be fact checked.

Maybe people are just using his site to present their own opinions, or they're mostly buddies of his from White Nationalist sites, especially people from Eastern Europe. That, or they're idiots to think they get objective analysis from him on absolutely ANYTHING.

As old P.T. Barnum said, the master salesman and public relations expert: There's a s***e* born every minute, and two to fleece him. :)
People who aren't skeptical about other people's motives for their own opinions and behaviors are just dumb, imo. No, it's not all about the Hajnal line. :)

My God, now perfectly normal English words are assumed to only have a sexual meaning! What a world.

i hope for davidski that there would be r1a among the remains lol :)
we were romans and stuff ......:rolleyes:

Hello, I'm a newbie at genetic and this is my first post even if I'm following you for almost an year!
I'm very fond of genealogy and I started my research 5 years ago, and along the way I became fond of genetic too.I made the test and so my mother and my father. I'm tuscan from Florence and my families, both paternal and maternal, are from Tuscany except for one of my great great grandfather who was from Reggio Emilia. My Mtdna haplogroup is J1 and my father's Ydna haplogroup is IZ58 (my eldest paternal known ancestor was born in Florence in the 1680). That's why I'm writing here. I'm very curious about this "not confirmed" etruscan I1. I was thinking about Lombards for my father's haplogroup but...could it be etruscan?
(sorry for my english!)

Hello, I'm a newbie at genetic and this is my first post even if I'm following you for almost an year!
I'm very fond of genealogy and I started my research 5 years ago, and along the way I became fond of genetic too.I made the test and so my mother and my father. I'm tuscan from Florence and my families, both paternal and maternal, are from Tuscany except for one of my great great grandfather who was from Reggio Emilia. My Mtdna haplogroup is J1 and my father's Ydna haplogroup is IZ58 (my eldest paternal known ancestor was born in Florence in the 1680). That's why I'm writing here. I'm very curious about this "not confirmed" etruscan I1. I was thinking about Lombards for my father's haplogroup but...could it be etruscan?
(sorry for my english!)

Sorry, are you asking about your maternal J1? That's a perfectly typical neolithic farmer MtDna found all over Europe.

If you're asking about a ydna "I" in Toscana, there are numerous possibilities.

This "leak" or rumour about an Etruscan yDna "I" is, as yet, unconfirmed. We'll have to wait and see what it was like.

(sorry for my english!)

Did you get any other snp except for z58 ?

https://www.geni.com/projects/I1-Z58-Y-DNA/12755

@Chris My Top 2 relatives at 23andme were Kristen C.... and P... C... (father and child).

non credo che ..., ma l’ho detto lo stesso in caso sei tu :)

I have just ordered a IZ58 SNP pack at FTDNA and I'm waiting for the results. They should arrive on the end of November.

@Chris My Top 2 relatives at 23andme were Kristen C.... and P... C... (father and child).

non credo che ..., ma l’ho detto lo stesso in caso sei tu :)

wait ... It could also be Christa, he’s a Pugliese, paesano di Jovialis.

@Christa, se ci sei batti un colpo :)

terzo cugino ??? :grin:

No I'm sorry it's not me! I'm on 23and me but my father is on Ftdna

Mi dispiace..io mi chiamo Cristina e sono di Firenze☺

Sorry, are you asking about your maternal J1? That's a perfectly typical neolithic farmer MtDna found all over Europe.

If you're asking about a ydna "I" in Toscana, there are numerous possibilities.

This "leak" or rumour about an Etruscan yDna "I" is, as yet, unconfirmed. We'll have to wait and see what it was like.

Thank you Angela. I was asking about "I" because I'm very thrilled about the possibility that it could be etruscan instead of german

@Chris Thank you so much for your answer.
Grazie Mille :)

@Jovialis I had a few conversations in Italian with him by PM months ago.
I didn't get that vibe from him, but maybe you know him better than I do.

... too bad

Sorry i did not really follow this topic, but anybody knows if the Romans samples will be compared to different populations of ancient Italy? Typical exemples would be, Ancient Ligurians, Ancient Venetians, Cisalpino Gauls, Etruscans, Latins, Umbrians and Greeks. I'm not sure if it's the conclusion, but i have hard time to believe Etruscans and Romans ancestry mirrors the entire ancient Italy. Neolithic, Iranian and Steppe ancestries are too broad to give any conclusions for the history of Rome.

Also do they really have a Roman sample dated to 12'000 BC?

My understanding is that all the samples in this particular paper come from the environs of the city of Rome.

It is therefore not a study on the genetics of the Italian people.

Rather, at the most it might be a timeline (with big gaps) of samples buried in the vicinity of Rome.

Interesting, no doubt, but not what I've been hanging around for...

wait ... It could also be Christa, he’s a Pugliese, paesano di Jovialis.

Off-topic, but what are odds that Italians with surname Pugliese trace back to Puglia? Or, as ever, are things way too complicated to say or even speculate? I realize that Pugliese in Southern Italy is like Smith in the USA . . . .

Okay, so rumours about Early Romans being South Italian-like are not confirmed.

This PCA shows Republican Era Romans in Latium were probably like modern Piedmontese (North-West Italians):

Only during the Imperial Era mass migration from East Mediterranean changed it:

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/366/6466/708

summary_mini.gif

Pre-Imperial samples range from 900 BCE to 27 BCE and genetics did not change much in that period. Rome was founded in 753 BCE. Median age of these samples is given as "320 BCE Roman Republic" (map):

VLo6DMu.png

BTW, soon another paper with ancient DNA from other regions of Italy (outside of Latium) should be published.

This paper had only DNA from the city of Rome and surrounding areas within the present-day region of Latium.

Don't double post please:

https://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads/39501-Moots-Ancient-Rome-Paper/page3

@Tomenable
Take a look at figure C in the chart provided by Angela, these are the rustic native Italian peasantry that re-populated this part of Italy. They look overwhelmingly Southern Italian-like to me, with some Northern Italian-like people, in the mix. These kinds of people mixed in the middle ages, and pulled them slightly more north to where central Italians are today.

Isola Sacra was a necropolis for immigrants. There is a northern cluster of the Imperial samples that matches with these samples from Villa Magna. I think it is rather that Imperial era native Italians were formed out of the Romans expanding into an already Iran-like rich population in the south (Magna Grecia, and Bronze-Age South Italians). While these exotic people, in these places like Isola Sacra were these South of southern Italian-like people, who disappeared after the end of the Imperial era.

r5urnqH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

This thread has been viewed 55784 times.

Back