Natural disaster Albania earthquake: Cars crushed and people run into streets after 5.6 tremor

Messier 67

Banned
Reaction score
[h=1]Albania earthquake: Cars crushed and people run into streets after 5.6 tremor[/h]About 70 people were injured by falling items or debris as Albania was hit by its strongest quake in decades

Homes collapsed, terrified residents ran into the streets and about 70 people were hurt as Albania was rocked by its strongest earthquake in 30 years.

Cars were crushed by falling bricks in the capital Tirana and buildings were badly damaged in the coastal town of Durres, close to the epicentre, as two tremors were felt in quick succession.

Residents told of scenes of "panic" and "chaos" as the 5.6 magnitude tremor - also felt in Italy and Greece - shook homes, knocked items off shelves, cut power and telephone service, and damaged a football stadium during a match.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-albania-earthquake-buildings-shake-20137784

Omg ... I recently traveled to Albania . I was very lucky to finish my journey before the earthquake started.

OMG. Albania earthquake was the most severe in the Durres region since 1926. At least 18 people died and 600 were injured. All my solidarity with the Albanian people at this difficult time. My condolences to the relatives of the victims of this tragedy and my prayers for the prompt recovery of the wounded.

The earth continues to tremble, another strong earthquake in the afternoon. People refuse to enter their homes. A terrible situation.

These are apocalyptic images, earthquake, thunderbolt:

The area around Durres uplifted 10 cm. (satelite measurement)

The area around Durres uplifted 10 cm. (satelite measurement)

Pamje të rënda, i riu kërkon një cigare nën rrënoja dhe mbyll sytë përjetë
auto_WhatsApp-Image-2019-11-26-at-22.02.43-750x450-1-583x3501574806579.jpeg

He resisted for 17 hours stuck under the rubble, asked for a cigarette and then closed his eyes forever.

About 1,15 billion E gathered to be sent to Albania as aid,
its about 10% of country total anual income.

more than 400 million are from EU

About 1,15 billion E gathered to be sent to Albania as aid,
its about 10% of country total anual income.

more than 400 million are from EU
thank you Greece for contribution! Greeks have been a big help for Albania's stability in the last 30 years!

This thread has been viewed 7880 times.

Back