DNA Land Mediterranian islander

Tilly7

Reaction score
mtDNA haplogroup
D4J
Have you tested with DNA land . I bet yes!
I wonder why they assign so much Mediterranian islander - in my case 30% .

I heard other people asking similar questions.
Any idea ? Is it some indigenous Balkan market that they translate mislead?

I don't know any ancestry of mine from Crete or Cyprus etc...

Have you tested with DNA land . I bet yes!
I wonder why they assign so much Mediterranian islander - in my case 30% .

I heard other people asking similar questions.
Any idea ? Is it some indigenous Balkan market that they translate mislead?

I don't know any ancestry of mine from Crete or Cyprus etc...

Your percentage is not despicable, but I personally think that this is a quota - called in a questionable way - to indicate a generic southern contibution from eastern-Mediterranean and / or Anatolian-Caucasian region, mostly of Neolithic or later derivation, detectable nowadays above all on the coasts and on the major ones Mediterranean islands, especially in Sicily, Crete and Cyprus. It certainly appears in the autosomal makeup of us Italians, but if you haven't recent and proven southern European ancestors, consider it an ancient contribution or substrate of archaic and protohistoric ages.

DNA.LAND takes apart the specific Balkan quota (whose nucleus can be traced back to the current Albanian, Bulgarian and Greek mainland areas). Wanting to relate it to ancient known populations, it is probably due to the ancient Illyrians, Thessalians and / or Tracians.

These are my results (and I'm not Sicilian or Cretan)

70868328_440550183475548_6652595357261758464_n.png

Yes, my father got a little bit of Mediterranean Islander as well.
My father and I also got Sardinian, and, even though I've been able to trace his family back across hundreds of years, I can't find anyone that comes from Sardinia...

This thread has been viewed 5252 times.

Back