European country with no Health reports: what to do?

Farstar

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Catalan
I live in a European country where 23andme does not ship Health reports (Ancestry are OK).

I have seen there are some alternative pages where I could upload the raw data provided by 23andme. Is there any of these pages that works similarly to a 23andme Health report?

I live in a European country where 23andme does not ship Health reports (Ancestry are OK).

I have seen there are some alternative pages where I could upload the raw data provided by 23andme. Is there any of these pages that works similarly to a 23andme Health report?

Recently I did the test My Heritage Health and Ancestry. The results was displayed in late 19th August of courrent year. I did the upload the data raw to https://yourdnaportal.com for free and obtained the folllowing results for traits and health. You can do the same with your 23andMe results for free.
See in the following posts with my results.

Last edited:
sjereeE.png

qdEhW7s.png

Thank you for the tip.

I see there are many third-party webpages offering similar services. Is it known if one is more reliable than others? Is there a way to measure that "reliability"?

Sorry for the delay in replying. My posts have been incomplete. I have a hard time accessing Eupedia. My access has been systematically denied, and I don’t know why. I understand that the most reliable would be for you to do a complete test including the Health option in 23andMe, MyHeritage, or Dante Labs. Other than that, I think the best option is an upload to “yourportaldna.com. Next, what was missing. Cheers :)

Sorry for the delay in replying. My posts have been incomplete. I have a hard time accessing Eupedia. My access has been systematically denied, and I don’t know why. I understand that the most reliable would be for you to do a complete test including the Health option in 23andMe, MyHeritage, or Dante Labs. Other than that, I think the best option is an upload to “yourportaldna.com. Next, what was missing. Cheers :)
5aOFcaN.png

H6SQBbT.png

yBUye5S.png

I have already ordered my 23andme. I am in a country where health reports are not allowed, so I could not get the health related 23andme test. So, I will need to use third-party applications.

In addition to the yourDNAportal webpage suggested in the posts above, are there other reliable third-party applications to analyze health from 23andme raw data?

By googling, I can get some names, but I always have the suspicion that sometimes, some reports are paid advertisements in stealth:

Promethease
Rhonda Patrick's webpage
Codegen
Impute.me
InsideTracker (recommended by David Sinclair, and interestingly merging DNA raw data with blood tests, but apparently no google search finds it when looking for third-party applications for health 23andme raw data)

Any comments?

I think the paid advertisement is a really big problem in health genetics. I did like about impute.me that they actually publish scientific papers where they try to quantify the quality of what they do themselves, I found one paper like that just recently: https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/861831v1 (also there's a really big burn to promethease and single-SNP analysis in there somewhere, although most of it is pretty technical)

Could anybody delete this strange post, please?

This thread has been viewed 7227 times.

Back