O Neill

Banned
Reaction score
Y-DNA haplogroup
R-M222
mtDNA haplogroup
H1A
www.livescience.com/ancient-city-discovered-israel.html

This place is amazing, what surprises me most is they seem to have done a decade's work on it since they found it a month ago ?
I was going to say it looks for all the world a later city built on top of an even older city. on digging a little deeper that is exactly the case.
A 5000 year old city on top of a 7000 old city. which is explained on this Livescience website I provided.

Edited Forgot to mention how it reminds me of the ness of brodgar.

5cf12dc9dfe9984f1ae131de22492437

4d32f8732db9750a2bc9c1b4a8c24ca9

638fcc0e68ef10176b5d4ba89c0f4cfe

db50a3672173f71183958a156e625950

Some might notice it sits on a stream a few miles from the Med By boat.

Reminds me of this much older piece from the same area:

5444059536_e5793a11bd_b.jpg

"Clay, Neolithic period, Late 7th Millennium B.C.E., From Israel (excavated at Sha'ar Hagolan)"

Apparently, similar carvings are found for a few thousand years.

The Neolithic masks and skulls are also fascinating.
5868410.jpg

This is a plastered skull from Jericho, pre-pottery Neolithic, 8500-6500 BC. Really remarkably fine featured and lovely.

plastered_skull1318822356628.png

I wonder if this is all about ancestor worship, cults that lasted for thousands of years?

There doesant seem to be 1 spec of data from the older settlement and every article says a 5000 year old city.
Well for me im more interested in the 7000 year old stone walls that stood for 2000 years before newcomers built mud brick houses over the top.
Who were theses settlers ? Were did they go ?
You cant help but notice the building style we have one in the UK that was built well about 3200 bc.
Its almost identical even has the pillars down the middle of each building.

Ness of Brodgar

Structure 12 was built around 3,000 BCE. It comprises six piers, four recesses and two hearths. It is the southernmost structure so far uncovered, but there are believed to be more structures farther south still underground (some of which, unfortunately, may be under the site's spoil heap). It was made of well-dressed stone but, like several other buildings on the site, appears to have suffered from structural problems and was partly rebuilt. An annexe to the north, added later in the Neolithic, is not well integrated into the original stonework.[19]This annexe contained masses of grooved ware pottery, including some very large vessels, some made with techniques not otherwise known from the Neolithic, and some coloured black, red or white.[19] The red colour was made of ochre, and the black of soot; the source of the white colouring has not yet been determined.The grooved ware from Orkney is the oldest known in Britain, and the style appears to originate from Orkney and radiate southwards

I'd even add the similarity with Vinca of those mini statues.

This thread has been viewed 3728 times.

Back