Disappearance of Wooly Mammoths

So if a changing environment didn't kill them, what did? ..

Given that it seemed unlikely the Wrangel Island mammoths ..

interbreeding ..

Amazingly, they were still around 4000 BP.

https://www.businessinsider.in/scie...-built-the-pyramids-/articleshow/71496355.cms

"A remote island in the Arctic ocean northeast of Siberia ..

Inbreeding for that isolated group, but they suggest that in the vast swathes of Eurasia, it was indeed the changing climate and overhunting by man. Imo, probably the latter was as important as the former. That island in Siberia had relatively similar climatic conditions, and...no humans.

mamuths were exterminated by humans! they were slow moving creatures, relatively eaasy to ambush and kill. so perfect targets for lazy hunter gathers
`

I read something once that suggested that man had the ability to place cattle and a slave or 2 on islands that would then become there private farms.
He was refering to North Western Europe and the watery world left after the ice age.
I think I mentioned this before and was probably laughed at, But with all this new evidence pouring in I think its a safe bet now that they did indeed have
1 cattle 2 slaves 3 boats, So is it really a tin foil hat moment ?

This bit mite be though lol
He went on to add that could it be possible that they were doin something similar with Wooly Mammoths that may have extended across the pond Yes the Americas.
To be fair to him its not beyond the realms of reason that they could immobilise A baby mammoth after killing its Mother and cart it off somewhere like he says.
Do that a few times and you have a Mammoth farm/colony not really a beam me up scotty moment either is it ?

I am not suggesting that this happened here but bringing the info to light for the purpose of this thread.
All this means is that stone age man made an attempt to conserve the Wooly Mammoth but you guys probably think they were to stupid for that.

This thread has been viewed 5195 times.

Back