Family Origins

InfamousAngel99

Hayley Germaine Painter
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Mixed European (North, South, East, and West)
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b (Dad)
mtDNA haplogroup
U5b2c
Hello everyone! I was wondering where everyone on this site comes from? When I ask this question, I do not only mean your place of birth but the countries where your ancestors come from.

I am from the U.S., and one branch of my family tree has been in what is now known as the U.S. since the Fortune sailed to Plymouth. However, most of his ancestors came later on, as with my mom's family, which is relatively new to the U.S.

Besides the U.S., my ancestors come from:
- Austria
- Canada
- Croatia
- England
- France
- Germany
- Ireland
- The Netherlands
- Norway
- Russia
- Scotland
- Slovenia
- Switzerland

DNA heavily suggests other countries, such as Italy and Spain, but I will not include those because i have no evidence to back it up besides family lore.

Hi all,

FTDNA´s Family Finder information of me:

=European 98%

-Finland 83%
-British Isles 15% (An ancestor is known, last name Dart from Scotland about in 1600´s. Jacob Dart was born in Finland, Tammela 1725)

-North and Central America <1%
-East Europe <2%

Are these 2 above only background noise? :unsure:

I live in Finland, and I am Finnish-Swedish 50% (mother) and Finnish 50% (father).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happiest Countries In The World 2019 (y) :bigsmile:

Ever since April of 2002, a group of collaborative individuals have released an annual report in which they detail the happiness levels of people around the world, according to the countries in which people live. As of 2019, the World Happiness Report determined that Finland is the happiest country in the world.
The report looks at countries in respect to their performance regarding six particular variables…

Gross domestic product per capita Social support Healthy life expectancy Freedom to make your own life choices Generosity of general population Perceptions of internal and external corruption levels

Hello everyone! I was wondering where everyone on this site comes from? When I ask this question, I do not only mean your place of birth but the countries where your ancestors come from.

I am from the U.S., and one branch of my family tree has been in what is now known as the U.S. since the Fortune sailed to Plymouth. However, most of his ancestors came later on, as with my mom's family, which is relatively new to the U.S.

Besides the U.S., my ancestors come from:
- Austria
- Canada
- Croatia
- England
- France
- Germany
- Ireland
- The Netherlands
- Norway
- Russia
- Scotland
- Slovenia
- Switzerland

DNA heavily suggests other countries, such as Italy and Spain, but I will not include those because i have no evidence to back it up besides family lore.

Hayley,
I too am an American of mixed ancestry, but that's par for the course in this country. Some of the family came over as early as the 1600s, others in the middle 19th century. What I can prove is English, German, Dutch, Irish, and Scots-Irish (the early mix in this country), but my autosomal DNA results make me a bit of everything European, including French, Danish, Swedish, Polish, and so forth (I'll ignore the 1% native American results as spurious). The result is that using sites like Gedmatch is unhelpful since all it tells me is that I'm related to everybody.

My family lines are pretty straightforward: French and Italian for several centuries, going back to the XVIth and most probably beyond that. It's very hard to find records in Italy, but some places like Procida have records going back to the XVIth C. that were recovered by dedicated descendents of Procida people. The island being so small (10.000 inhabitants), we can fairly assume that everyone in Procida (and their descendents) are related. In France, you can't go beyond the XVIIth, except for nobles - "unfortunately", my mother's family were all peasants so there's no hope tracing our line to Clovis or Charlemagne, though it's said that all French people are descended from the latter.

Hello, I have mixed heritage too, like you . I'm from Italy and besides Italian ancestors (from Apulia,Veneto and Friuli) I have also German, Austrian, English, Slovenian, Slovakian, Spaniard, Ashkenazi and Tatar forefathers

That's quite a mix! (y)

Hi all,

FTDNA´s Family Finder information of me:

=European 98%

-Finland 83%
-British Isles 15% (An ancestor is known, last name Dart from Scotland about in 1600´s. Jacob Dart was born in Finland, Tammela 1725)

-North and Central America <1%
-East Europe <2%

Are these 2 above only background noise? :unsure:

I live in Finland, and I am Finnish-Swedish 50% (mother) and Finnish 50% (father).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happiest Countries In The World 2019 (y) :bigsmile:

Ever since April of 2002, a group of collaborative individuals have released an annual report in which they detail the happiness levels of people around the world, according to the countries in which people live. As of 2019, the World Happiness Report determined that Finland is the happiest country in the world.
The report looks at countries in respect to their performance regarding six particular variables…

Gross domestic product per capita Social support Healthy life expectancy Freedom to make your own life choices Generosity of general population Perceptions of internal and external corruption levels

Hmm, interesting! I submitted my AncestryDNA to FTDNA, and I think my results were a bit...odd. Of course you can't expect the same percentages from every company, but FTDNA didn't include my Scandinavian percentages (which is odd considering my family history and the other tests I've taken). My results were:

- 70% West and Central European (way too large, imo, based on my research and other tests).
- 19% British Isles
- 9% Southeast European
- 2% Eastern European

Hayley,
I too am an American of mixed ancestry, but that's par for the course in this country. Some of the family came over as early as the 1600s, others in the middle 19th century. What I can prove is English, German, Dutch, Irish, and Scots-Irish (the early mix in this country), but my autosomal DNA results make me a bit of everything European, including French, Danish, Swedish, Polish, and so forth (I'll ignore the 1% native American results as spurious). The result is that using sites like Gedmatch is unhelpful since all it tells me is that I'm related to everybody.

That's cool! And yeah, GEDMatch can make you match with almost everyone if you set the thresholds low enough...

My family lines are pretty straightforward: French and Italian for several centuries, going back to the XVIth and most probably beyond that. It's very hard to find records in Italy, but some places like Procida have records going back to the XVIth C. that were recovered by dedicated descendents of Procida people. The island being so small (10.000 inhabitants), we can fairly assume that everyone in Procida (and their descendents) are related. In France, you can't go beyond the XVIIth, except for nobles - "unfortunately", my mother's family were all peasants so there's no hope tracing our line to Clovis or Charlemagne, though it's said that all French people are descended from the latter.

That's interesting! The records seem to go back pretty far. As for Clovis and Charlemagne, I am supposedly related to them from a family record I was given, but I'm currently double-checking the facts presented because that was a long, long, LONGGG time ago.

my oldest origins .............90% correct....I need to still find link from 1595 to this line below , I think it might be a relative of this line below ( my opinion at present )

I already established DNA links with the Inama and Toigo families of the area

http://www.dermulo.it/DermuloStory/Genealogia/PretH.htm

1878 Great Great Great ... Salento Grandpà :) Atto di Nascita (Birth Record)
(Got Married in 1899) and his dad Vito was 28 years old.

Y5UZ4vX.jpg

1878 Great Great Great ... Salento Grandpà :) Atto di Nascita (Birth Record)
(Got Married in 1899) and his dad Vito was 28 years old.

Y5UZ4vX.jpg

Is his wife gaetana antonia borgo.......there are a lot of borgo people up north

Is his wife gaetana antonia borgo.......there are a lot of borgo people up north

Ancient Grandma is not a Borgo. Check PM :)

This thread has been viewed 15207 times.

Back