Chest/body hair (y dna?)

ShpataEMadhe

Banned
Reaction score
My first topic on here I think, just wondering if y dna and chest hair are related. Those of you who have done your tests could you mention how much chest and back hair you have along with your y dna haplogroup, also your deep family origin as far as you're aware

Havent done the test yet but I don't seem to have much chest hair especially in terms of density, a patch below the centre of the clavicle but nothing lower down in between the two pecs and no back hair at all

I don't know ifof there's something like an 'Haplogroup for bodyhair' since genetics are adaptations to the environment and a tricky and mixed subject.

But, there's a map that shows body hair the highest around the Mediterranean and in Scandinavia. So macro-haplogroup IJ is the most likely Hp that provides an enhanced body hair presence.
Even though Haplogroup R also has high body hair, but their closest cousins, Asian O and NatAmerican Q don't...

So body hair must be something geographical rather than racial.

haplogroup is not related any of facial hair, hair color, eye color anything.

I don't know ifof there's something like an 'Haplogroup for bodyhair' since genetics are adaptations to the environment and a tricky and mixed subject.
But, there's a map that shows body hair the highest around the Mediterranean and in Scandinavia. So macro-haplogroup IJ is the most likely Hp that provides an enhanced body hair presence.
Even though Haplogroup R also has high body hair, but their closest cousins, Asian O and NatAmerican Q don't...
So body hair must be something geographical rather than racial.
Unlikely as I am under haplogroup I and have very few chest/body hair

Last edited:

This thread has been viewed 5095 times.

Back