Sapiens origin in Botswana?

I thought this kind of studies, trying to look into the past on the basis of present DNA distribution were not made any more.
To many of them have proven to lead to false conclusions.

Spending a holiday with all expenses paid in Botswana well deserves any excuse.

Wait, so we are closer of the Bonobo than the Common Chimp? ( Joke )

Is this even possible with Probabilities that a lineage stayed at the same place for that much time? And why specifically Botswana? That Kalahari Homeland thing seems to be a little bit of a projection from a modern perspective. Not sure Khoikhoi people like that much this place nowadays.

Wait, so we are closer of the Bonobo than the Common Chimp? ( Joke )
Is this even possible with Probabilities that a lineage stayed at the same place for that much time? And why specifically Botswana? That Kalahari Homeland thing seems to be a little bit of a projection from a modern perspective. Not sure Khoikhoi people like that much this place nowadays.

the Y-DNA of the Khoikoi and the San consists of only 2 branches, both with TMRCA less than 20.000 year old
so, Y-DNA would make completley different conclusions

https://www.yfull.com/tree/A-Y25057/
https://www.yfull.com/tree/A-M51/

it is the same pattern all over the world, even among the San : only 2 Y-DNA branches made all the other Y-DNA go extinct

Wait, did they reach this conclusion based on the modern geographic distribution of Mt-DNA lineages (when we know Africa underwent dramatic demographic changes in the last 4,000 years alone, let alone 200,000!), particularly considering that the Mitochondrial Eve is the earliest Mt-DNA lineage, but just the one and only that didn't die off due to local extinction or simply one generation without any daughters? I don't know, but it all sounds naive to me.

Yes the study sounds naive, L0 is probably the oldest living mtdna haplogroup of modern humans. It's not the base of Homo Sapiens mtdna tree, wich is obviously older and dead. Not even taking into account, that Sapiens doesn't have an origin in itself, and is just an evolution of a more archaic hominid or of multiple ones. The conclusions sounds very Creationistic, with Khoikhoi at the base of the sapiens evolution and what at the top?

This thread has been viewed 8486 times.

Back