Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 46 of 46

Thread: "Tombs of the family of Alexander the Great finally giving up their secrets"

  1. #26
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered

    Join Date
    10-10-18
    Posts
    28
    Points
    2,282
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,282, Level: 13
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Overall activity: 9.0%


    Country: Greece



    1 members found this post helpful.


    I'd like to point out that we have samples from the Classical Age, post-dating the 'Dorian Descent'. The sample Empuries2 is plotting almost identical to the Mycenean samples average, you can check it out with a simple run of VahaduoJS using the G25 co-ordinates (I know these are frowned upon on this board but still):

    Target: GRC_Mycenaean
    Distance: 2.6188% / 0.02618803
    86.0 GRC_Minoan_Lassithi
    14.0 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara

    Target: Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    Distance: 2.3343% / 0.02334315
    86.2 GRC_Minoan_Lassithi
    13.8 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara

    So the Classical Age Greek from the Empuries colony is almost identical to the Mycenean sample average, post-dating the Bronze Age Collapse. Of course, that is one sample, but it's one step closer to uncovering the truth.

  2. #27
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    blevins13's Avatar
    Join Date
    15-10-16
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    43
    Posts
    601
    Points
    3,180
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,180, Level: 16
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 6.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    How you get from what he said to what you concluded is beyond me. You have to disconnect your hyper-patriotism and ethnic hatred of people, Greeks, who are your "cousins" genetically, at least some of them, and actually reason from what was said.

    Do you have an ancient Paenonian sample? An ancient "Dorian" sample which you people also always argue about? How about a certifiable Macedonian sample?

    When you have them we can compare all of them, including Mycenaean samples, and samples from the appropriate places just north of actual Greece, and from Classical Era Greece, and then we'd know wouldn't we?

    What would you do if it upends everything you thought, as has happened to the pro-Herodotus supporters, for example? Would you accept the scientific evidence or would you try to find some way to deny it.

    I don't see mainland Greeks having a nervous breakdown because the Islanders are closer to the Mycenaeans than they are.

    You really have to get a grip.

    Not everything we were told in kindergarten is true. Sad, in some cases, but the reality.

    You insult another poster or you insult me, it's still worthy of an infraction.

    That's the only recourse you seem to have.

    Post FACTS, verifiable facts, and accept the facts posted by others and you'd have no problems here.
    I don’t hate Greeks, I hate lies.....as for facts here is one: Greek government does not allows Genetic testing on a Macedonian grave. This is the fact that I am discussing about. For me this is shameful period.
    This might be insulting to someone but that is not my problem, infractions for this are welcomed, sometime a point has to be made.

    Thanks for doing my profile as well, I enjoyed it, far away from the truth .....but good try.



    Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

  3. #28
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Johane Derite's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-06-17
    Posts
    1,016
    Points
    15,873
    Level
    38
    Points: 15,873, Level: 38
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 577
    Overall activity: 12.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

    Country: Albania



    It's best we just focus on the details of this thread. I think it's important to have mtdna, ydna, and audna. Any of these without the other paints an incomplete picture about populations we are studying. Mtdna and ydna is especially useful for dynasties. If Argead dynasty ends up being some celtic Y-dna, that would change everything wouldn't it
    "As we have already stressed, the mass evacuation of the Albanians from their triangle is the only effective course we can take. In order to relocate a whole people, the first prerequisite is the creation of a suitable psychosis. This can be done in various ways." - Vaso Cubrilovic

  4. #29
    Regular Member Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    10-12-18
    Posts
    31
    Points
    857
    Level
    7
    Points: 857, Level: 7
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 4.0%


    Country: Canada



    "Tomb I could not have housed Phillip the II, and the results further weaken the argument that Arrhidaeus was entombed in Tomb II"

    Probably the most indirect way of saying that Phillip II is most likely in tomb II.

  5. #30
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,854
    Points
    310,981
    Level
    100
    Points: 310,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by blevins13 View Post
    I don’t hate Greeks, I hate lies.....as for facts here is one: Greek government does not allows Genetic testing on a Macedonian grave. This is the fact that I am discussing about. For me this is shameful period.
    This might be insulting to someone but that is not my problem, infractions for this are welcomed, sometime a point has to be made.

    Thanks for doing my profile as well, I enjoyed it, far away from the truth .....but good try.



    Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum
    Great. I heard you. We all heard you. If you post it again and again, it's spamming.

    Plus, our Greek poster didn't even address that. You and Laberia and some others never, ever, address the actual FACTS, the actual GENETICS, because they either don't yet exist, or they're not in your favor, so instead you resort to this sort of invective.

    I'm sure international labs will be investigating all of this and then we don't have to hear any more of it.

    As for yDna versus autosomal, the yDna is sometimes of limited usefulness. Somerled probably carried R1a, the dna of the invading Scandinavians; it doesn't make him any less who he was or his achievements for his people any less.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  6. #31
    Banned Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    05-09-15
    Posts
    2,071
    Points
    5,328
    Level
    21
    Points: 5,328, Level: 21
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 26.0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Great. I heard you. We all heard you. If you post it again and again, it's spamming.

    Plus, our Greek poster didn't even address that. You and Laberia and some others never, ever, address the actual FACTS, the actual GENETICS, because they either don't yet exist, or they're not in your favor, so instead you resort to this sort of invective.

    I'm sure international labs will be investigating all of this and then we don't have to hear any more of it.

    As for yDna versus autosomal, the yDna is sometimes of limited usefulness. Somerled probably carried R1a, the dna of the invading Scandinavians; it doesn't make him any less who he was or his achievements for his people any less.
    Leave me out of your scientific discussion. Is it possible?

  7. #32
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    blevins13's Avatar
    Join Date
    15-10-16
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    43
    Posts
    601
    Points
    3,180
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,180, Level: 16
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 6.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Great. I heard you. We all heard you. If you post it again and again, it's spamming.

    Plus, our Greek poster didn't even address that. You and Laberia and some others never, ever, address the actual FACTS, the actual GENETICS, because they either don't yet exist, or they're not in your favor, so instead you resort to this sort of invective.

    I'm sure international labs will be investigating all of this and then we don't have to hear any more of it.

    As for yDna versus autosomal, the yDna is sometimes of limited usefulness. Somerled probably carried R1a, the dna of the invading Scandinavians; it doesn't make him any less who he was or his achievements for his people any less.
    I did not know that genetic was not in my favor? But what is my favor?



    Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

  8. #33
    Banned Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsThree Friends

    Join Date
    21-11-10
    Posts
    459
    Points
    4,857
    Level
    20
    Points: 4,857, Level: 20
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 20.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>CTS9320>Z38456

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Switzerland



    2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by blevins13 View Post
    I did not know that genetic was not in my favor? But what is my favor?



    Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum
    Leave her man, I received 3 infractions for no reason. She cannot wait for you to keep speaking to her she can ban you and all the other Albanians for the slightest thing. Just do your thing and ignore her and of course, don't criticize or question her modern Greek either.

    Alexander might have been half Epirote and 1/4th Illyrian, but you're not allowed to be interested in his family's genetic test unless you're a Greek. If you are indeed interested, you're an ultra nationalist, spammer, provocative, and deserve to be banned. This is probably my last post hahahah

  9. #34
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,854
    Points
    310,981
    Level
    100
    Points: 310,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Actually 2 infractions, Nik, NOW it's 3.

    Keep it up.

  10. #35
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,854
    Points
    310,981
    Level
    100
    Points: 310,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by LABERIA View Post
    Leave me out of your scientific discussion. Is it possible?
    If you're not interested in the application of science to these questions then you don't belong here.

  11. #36
    Banned Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    05-09-15
    Posts
    2,071
    Points
    5,328
    Level
    21
    Points: 5,328, Level: 21
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 26.0%


    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    If you're not interested in the application of science to these questions then you don't belong here.
    I am not interested to discuss with you.

  12. #37
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,854
    Points
    310,981
    Level
    100
    Points: 310,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by blevins13 View Post
    I did not know that genetic was not in my favor? But what is my favor?



    Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum
    So far as I can tell, you believe, and want everyone else to believe that you're pure descendants of the "Illyrians", while other modern populations are actually closest to the ancient samples, and you want people to believe that you affected the genetics of the Greeks, but they didn't affect yours, which is HIGHLY unlikely.

    That about covers it.

  13. #38
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,854
    Points
    310,981
    Level
    100
    Points: 310,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by dosas View Post
    I'd like to point out that we have samples from the Classical Age, post-dating the 'Dorian Descent'. The sample Empuries2 is plotting almost identical to the Mycenean samples average, you can check it out with a simple run of VahaduoJS using the G25 co-ordinates (I know these are frowned upon on this board but still):

    Target: GRC_Mycenaean
    Distance: 2.6188% / 0.02618803
    86.0 GRC_Minoan_Lassithi
    14.0 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara

    Target: Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
    Distance: 2.3343% / 0.02334315
    86.2 GRC_Minoan_Lassithi
    13.8 Yamnaya_RUS_Samara

    So the Classical Age Greek from the Empuries colony is almost identical to the Mycenean sample average, post-dating the Bronze Age Collapse. Of course, that is one sample, but it's one step closer to uncovering the truth.
    Thanks, Dosas.

    Didn't see it until now.

  14. #39
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    blevins13's Avatar
    Join Date
    15-10-16
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    43
    Posts
    601
    Points
    3,180
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,180, Level: 16
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 6.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    So far as I can tell, you believe, and want everyone else to believe that you're pure descendants of the "Illyrians", while other modern populations are actually closest to the ancient samples, and you want people to believe that you affected the genetics of the Greeks, but they didn't affect yours, which is HIGHLY unlikely.

    That about covers it.
    I will tell you what I believe so you don’t have to guess.
    My family line is R1b-Z2103>BY611>Z2705>Y32147.
    I hope this part of the Illyrian population, but I don’t know that yet, I am waiting for more genetic data and when certain government block this process of learning to cover their lies this pisses me off.
    As for, did my ancestor marry with Greek women, I am sure they did, but considering that they were highlander probably they were not available.IMG_3962.jpg



    Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

  15. #40
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Tutkun Arnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-03-18
    Posts
    335

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a2a(m223)(L801)

    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by blevins13 View Post
    We have someone here that tries to rationalize the behavior of a government that prohibits genetic testing and you say “well put”, interesting point of view from someone that claims that loves truth. No one is claiming Macedonian history, but we refuse to believe Modern Greeks claims with genetic proof. It is like a son claiming a father without being genetically tested. If the son refused to test his fathers remains that mean that he is lying, plain and simple.


    Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum
    probably they did the test, and the results were not what they had expected. you cant argue DNA test.

  16. #41
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered
    Tutkun Arnaut's Avatar
    Join Date
    31-03-18
    Posts
    335

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a2a(m223)(L801)

    Country: Albania



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Very well put.
    the dna could have been put to calculators and some other people could be closer geneticaly than todays Greeks

  17. #42
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    blevins13's Avatar
    Join Date
    15-10-16
    Location
    Tirana
    Age
    43
    Posts
    601
    Points
    3,180
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,180, Level: 16
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 6.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Z2103>BY611
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H7i1

    Ethnic group
    Albanian
    Country: Albania



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutkun Arnaut View Post
    probably they did the test, and the results were not what they had expected. you cant argue DNA test.
    From this book bones don’t lie.


    IMG_3965.jpg


    IMG_3964.jpg



    Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

  18. #43
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    03-09-17
    Posts
    13
    Points
    3,159
    Level
    16
    Points: 3,159, Level: 16
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 291
    Overall activity: 21.0%


    Country: United Kingdom



    The grave goods strongly indicate that it is indeed Philip of Macedon. There was a large shield made from gold and ivory, alongside various other gold artifacts including a diadem. The thorax also strongly resembled the one that we see Alexander depicted wearing in the limited frescos we have of him.

    They need to DNA test the remains to put the speculation to bed for good. If this person resembles Ancient Greeks; great. If they are slightly more northern shifted as a result of their geography then that would land them very near modern Greeks anyway.
    Last edited by LTG; 28-11-19 at 16:23.

  19. #44
    Advisor Achievements:
    VeteranThree Friends50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Posting Award
    Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    15,854
    Points
    310,981
    Level
    100
    Points: 310,981, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.6%


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    For the record: obviously the bones should be tested in a transparent manner, and the results published.

    Personally, I would think the remains are more northern shifted than the Mycenaeans, but that's just a speculation.

    I don't give a darn which modern population is closest to them.

    Just keep the discussions fact and science based, and CIVIL.

  20. #45
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered10000 Experience PointsThree Friends
    Johane Derite's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-06-17
    Posts
    1,016
    Points
    15,873
    Level
    38
    Points: 15,873, Level: 38
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 577
    Overall activity: 12.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-V13>Z5018>FGC33625
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U1a1a

    Country: Albania



    A beautiful colorisation of the ivory portraits found in tomb II.


  21. #46
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Piro Ilir's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-04-15
    Posts
    1,138
    Points
    6,067
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,067, Level: 23
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 483
    Overall activity: 14.0%






    Macedonians were of Illyrian stock. Modern greeks know this well. Hence they don't allow the examination of these Macedonian tombs. So far they have found there Illyrian bronze helmets. If I was living 2600 years ago, definitely I would be a 'wannabe Greek'. Life would be much easier for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •