"Tombs of the family of Alexander the Great finally giving up their secrets"

probably they did the test, and the results were not what they had expected. you cant argue DNA test.

From this book bones don’t lie.

IMG_3965.jpg

IMG_3964.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

The grave goods strongly indicate that it is indeed Philip of Macedon. There was a large shield made from gold and ivory, alongside various other gold artifacts including a diadem. The thorax also strongly resembled the one that we see Alexander depicted wearing in the limited frescos we have of him.

They need to DNA test the remains to put the speculation to bed for good. If this person resembles Ancient Greeks; great. If they are slightly more northern shifted as a result of their geography then that would land them very near modern Greeks anyway.

Last edited:
For the record: obviously the bones should be tested in a transparent manner, and the results published.

Personally, I would think the remains are more northern shifted than the Mycenaeans, but that's just a speculation.

I don't give a darn which modern population is closest to them.

Just keep the discussions fact and science based, and CIVIL.

A beautiful colorisation of the ivory portraits found in tomb II.
EKzJSrrXYAAu7JE

EKzJSrrW4AESikc

Macedonians were of Illyrian stock. Modern greeks know this well. Hence they don't allow the examination of these Macedonian tombs. So far they have found there Illyrian bronze helmets. If I was living 2600 years ago, definitely I would be a 'wannabe Greek'. Life would be much easier for me

Macedonians were of Illyrian stock. Modern greeks know this well. Hence they don't allow the examination of these Macedonian tombs. So far they have found there Illyrian bronze helmets. If I was living 2600 years ago, definitely I would be a 'wannabe Greek'. Life would be much easier for me

Do we know anything about the genetics of the Ancient Illyrians?

Any samples yet?

No insults here; just papers and facts.

One more post like that and you're out of here.

Am I clear?

Do you both want infractions???

Leave and cool off or you'll both get infractions.

Do you both want infractions???

Leave and cool off or you'll both get infractions.

No I am really connected to Ciulla from Pianna Dei Albanessi. Same y-Dna. It came up in FTDNA. Why the infractions? I did not offend anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

This thread has been viewed 27880 times.

Back