"Tombs of the family of Alexander the Great finally giving up their secrets"

He didn't even address the issue. He said, even if that's true...

Please read posts closely and apply reason before posting.

One more post like that and you get an infraction as well.

So even if that is true, it will not matter after all, genetic or not Macedonians are Greek no proof needed, considering they show up after Bronze Age collapse.

As for infraction, when you participate as a member on a discussion expect opposing opinions, or just moderate and do not express any opinion. Wearing multiple hats is not fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Eupedia Forum

So even if that is true, it will not matter after all, genetic or not Macedonians are Greek no proof needed, considering they show up after Bronze Age collapse.

As for infraction, when you participate as a member on a discussion expect opposing opinions, or just moderate and do not express any opinion. Wearing multiple hats is not fair.

How you get from what he said to what you concluded is beyond me. You have to disconnect your hyper-patriotism and ethnic hatred of people, Greeks, who are your "cousins" genetically, at least some of them, and actually reason from what was said.

Do you have an ancient Paenonian sample? An ancient "Dorian" sample which you people also always argue about? How about a certifiable Macedonian sample?

When you have them we can compare all of them, including Mycenaean samples, and samples from the appropriate places just north of actual Greece, and from Classical Era Greece, and then we'd know wouldn't we?

What would you do if it upends everything you thought, as has happened to the pro-Herodotus supporters, for example? Would you accept the scientific evidence or would you try to find some way to deny it.

I don't see mainland Greeks having a nervous breakdown because the Islanders are closer to the Mycenaeans than they are.

You really have to get a grip.

Not everything we were told in kindergarten is true. Sad, in some cases, but the reality.

You insult another poster or you insult me, it's still worthy of an infraction.

That's the only recourse you seem to have.

Post FACTS, verifiable facts, and accept the facts posted by others and you'd have no problems here.

This is a very dense book that contains the entire history of work that has been done on these tombs, and David Grant's style is such he states nothing outright but rather develops his arguments over 40 pages, with no quick "tagline" or summary available. This page nonetheless is one quite important one as it has a lot of important chunks:

gXw9P4X.png

And David Grant does argue that the tomb of the "Amazoness Warrior" does in fact belong to Cynane. He lists all the counter-arguments and history of the differing theories, and still concludes it is Cynane:

fNnaCCo.png

Cynane was the daughter of Audata, who is the daughter of Bardylis, the most powerful Dardanian king of antiquity we know of. Therefore her mtdna and audna immediately is of great relevance to Dardanian history and thus Albanian history, without making any claims or contestations about the Macedonians or Argeads origins.

I'd like to point out that we have samples from the Classical Age, post-dating the 'Dorian Descent'. The sample Empuries2 is plotting almost identical to the Mycenean samples average, you can check it out with a simple run of VahaduoJS using the G25 co-ordinates (I know these are frowned upon on this board but still):

Target: GRC_Mycenaean
Distance: 2.6188% / 0.02618803

86.0GRC_Minoan_Lassithi
14.0Yamnaya_RUS_Samara

Target: Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
Distance: 2.3343% / 0.02334315

86.2GRC_Minoan_Lassithi
13.8Yamnaya_RUS_Samara

So the Classical Age Greek from the Empuries colony is almost identical to the Mycenean sample average, post-dating the Bronze Age Collapse. Of course, that is one sample, but it's one step closer to uncovering the truth.

How you get from what he said to what you concluded is beyond me. You have to disconnect your hyper-patriotism and ethnic hatred of people, Greeks, who are your "cousins" genetically, at least some of them, and actually reason from what was said.

Do you have an ancient Paenonian sample? An ancient "Dorian" sample which you people also always argue about? How about a certifiable Macedonian sample?

When you have them we can compare all of them, including Mycenaean samples, and samples from the appropriate places just north of actual Greece, and from Classical Era Greece, and then we'd know wouldn't we?

What would you do if it upends everything you thought, as has happened to the pro-Herodotus supporters, for example? Would you accept the scientific evidence or would you try to find some way to deny it.

I don't see mainland Greeks having a nervous breakdown because the Islanders are closer to the Mycenaeans than they are.

You really have to get a grip.

Not everything we were told in kindergarten is true. Sad, in some cases, but the reality.

You insult another poster or you insult me, it's still worthy of an infraction.

That's the only recourse you seem to have.

Post FACTS, verifiable facts, and accept the facts posted by others and you'd have no problems here.

I don’t hate Greeks, I hate lies.....as for facts here is one: Greek government does not allows Genetic testing on a Macedonian grave. This is the fact that I am discussing about. For me this is shameful period.
This might be insulting to someone but that is not my problem, infractions for this are welcomed, sometime a point has to be made.

Thanks for doing my profile as well, I enjoyed it, far away from the truth .....but good try.

It's best we just focus on the details of this thread. I think it's important to have mtdna, ydna, and audna. Any of these without the other paints an incomplete picture about populations we are studying. Mtdna and ydna is especially useful for dynasties. If Argead dynasty ends up being some celtic Y-dna, that would change everything wouldn't it

I don’t hate Greeks, I hate lies.....as for facts here is one: Greek government does not allows Genetic testing on a Macedonian grave. This is the fact that I am discussing about. For me this is shameful period.
This might be insulting to someone but that is not my problem, infractions for this are welcomed, sometime a point has to be made.

Thanks for doing my profile as well, I enjoyed it, far away from the truth .....but good try.

Great. I heard you. We all heard you. If you post it again and again, it's spamming.

Plus, our Greek poster didn't even address that. You and Laberia and some others never, ever, address the actual FACTS, the actual GENETICS, because they either don't yet exist, or they're not in your favor, so instead you resort to this sort of invective.

I'm sure international labs will be investigating all of this and then we don't have to hear any more of it.

As for yDna versus autosomal, the yDna is sometimes of limited usefulness. Somerled probably carried R1a, the dna of the invading Scandinavians; it doesn't make him any less who he was or his achievements for his people any less.

Great. I heard you. We all heard you. If you post it again and again, it's spamming.

Plus, our Greek poster didn't even address that. You and Laberia and some others never, ever, address the actual FACTS, the actual GENETICS, because they either don't yet exist, or they're not in your favor, so instead you resort to this sort of invective.

I'm sure international labs will be investigating all of this and then we don't have to hear any more of it.

As for yDna versus autosomal, the yDna is sometimes of limited usefulness. Somerled probably carried R1a, the dna of the invading Scandinavians; it doesn't make him any less who he was or his achievements for his people any less.

Leave me out of your scientific discussion. Is it possible?

I did not know that genetic was not in my favor? But what is my favor?

Leave her man, I received 3 infractions for no reason. She cannot wait for you to keep speaking to her she can ban you and all the other Albanians for the slightest thing. Just do your thing and ignore her and of course, don't criticize or question her modern Greek either.

Alexander might have been half Epirote and 1/4th Illyrian, but you're not allowed to be interested in his family's genetic test unless you're a Greek. If you are indeed interested, you're an ultra nationalist, spammer, provocative, and deserve to be banned. This is probably my last post hahahah

Actually 2 infractions, Nik, NOW it's 3.

Keep it up.

Leave me out of your scientific discussion. Is it possible?

If you're not interested in the application of science to these questions then you don't belong here.

If you're not interested in the application of science to these questions then you don't belong here.

I am not interested to discuss with you.

So far as I can tell, you believe, and want everyone else to believe that you're pure descendants of the "Illyrians", while other modern populations are actually closest to the ancient samples, and you want people to believe that you affected the genetics of the Greeks, but they didn't affect yours, which is HIGHLY unlikely.

That about covers it.

I'd like to point out that we have samples from the Classical Age, post-dating the 'Dorian Descent'. The sample Empuries2 is plotting almost identical to the Mycenean samples average, you can check it out with a simple run of VahaduoJS using the G25 co-ordinates (I know these are frowned upon on this board but still):

Target: GRC_Mycenaean
Distance: 2.6188% / 0.02618803
86.0GRC_Minoan_Lassithi
14.0Yamnaya_RUS_Samara

Target: Iberia_Northeast_Empuries2
Distance: 2.3343% / 0.02334315
86.2GRC_Minoan_Lassithi
13.8Yamnaya_RUS_Samara

So the Classical Age Greek from the Empuries colony is almost identical to the Mycenean sample average, post-dating the Bronze Age Collapse. Of course, that is one sample, but it's one step closer to uncovering the truth.

Thanks, Dosas.

Didn't see it until now.

So far as I can tell, you believe, and want everyone else to believe that you're pure descendants of the "Illyrians", while other modern populations are actually closest to the ancient samples, and you want people to believe that you affected the genetics of the Greeks, but they didn't affect yours, which is HIGHLY unlikely.

That about covers it.

I will tell you what I believe so you don’t have to guess.
My family line is R1b-Z2103>BY611>Z2705>Y32147.
I hope this part of the Illyrian population, but I don’t know that yet, I am waiting for more genetic data and when certain government block this process of learning to cover their lies this pisses me off.
As for, did my ancestor marry with Greek women, I am sure they did, but considering that they were highlander probably they were not available.IMG_3962.jpg

We have someone here that tries to rationalize the behavior of a government that prohibits genetic testing and you say “well put”, interesting point of view from someone that claims that loves truth. No one is claiming Macedonian history, but we refuse to believe Modern Greeks claims with genetic proof. It is like a son claiming a father without being genetically tested. If the son refused to test his fathers remains that mean that he is lying, plain and simple.

probably they did the test, and the results were not what they had expected. you cant argue DNA test.

This thread has been viewed 27880 times.

Back