ASD Cannabis doesn't seem to help with Autism Disorder

Angela

Elite member
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italian
Nor does it seem to help with the associated hyperactivity, sleep disorders, self-injury, anxiety, behavioral problems and communication. These poor desperate parents; this is another hope gone.

See:
https://bmcpsychiatry.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12888-019-2259-4

"[FONT=&quot]Studies revealed mixed and inconclusive findings of cannabis effects for all conditions, except epilepsy. Adverse outcomes were also reported, which included severe psychosis, increased agitation, somnolence, decreased appetite, and irritability. In addition, a wide range of cannabis compositions and dosage were identified within the studies, which impact generalizability."[/FONT]

Who even suggested that it would help? That thing messes you up and destroys your motivation in life.

A lot of people claim it does all sorts of good things for people, and I don't just mean helping chemotherapy patients eat more.

I've seen lots of literature about the harm it does, which no one wants to credit, and instead there's a rush not only to decriminalize it, but to make it completely legal and sell it in legal shops. I think it's extremely dangerous for young people, especially if there's a predisposition to thinks like anxiety, etc., but I'm usually alone on that.

Now it seems it doesn't do all the good things claimed.

Cannabis doesn't have magical powers and it can't rewire someone's brain. But it doesn't ruin lives and kill the motivation per se. Many associate it with losers and dark alleys. The truth is, a lot of successful and motivated people consume it regularly at their homes and you would never tell. It's just suited for some people and for other it's not.

There two broadly different kinds of Cannabis: sativa and indica. Each has different effect on the brain. Indica produces a more mellow high and is recommended for nighttime use and for help with sleeping. Sativa gives you a more active high. Of course the particular effects vary from person to person.

As someone who has mild autism I find that marijuana greatly helps me. I got medical cannabis card in san francisco and I can say the THC helps me feel "normal" in a way that I can go grocery shopping by myself (with no ear plugs!!) with my two children and not have a meltdown in the store. The "high" helps my brain slow down and absorb things so much easier. No overwhelming lights, sounds, smells.... I feel ok in a crowd. It`s great. I've been meltdown and panic attack free since I started using last Oct. An MRI comparison would be interesting.

This thread has been viewed 5657 times.

Back